Is it Ethical to Eat Mermaid Tails?

Weeping Sore

What's next? Hunting down beautiful female centaurs when we run out of venison?

Why this female centaur smokescreen, TKS? You know it's the six-pack abs and rippling well-hung horseflesh of the male centaur that's making your mouth water.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10 (NIV):

Of all the creatures living in the water, you may eat any that has fins and scales. But anything that does not have fins and scales you may not eat; for you it is unclean.

So you can totally eat mermaids, as long as they're living in the water and therefore have their tails.

What about selkies? Forget hiding it, clearly the most effective way to keep your seal-wife/husband/casual FWB from returning to the sea would be to eat their skin. They have the fins, but no scales. How does the Good Book guide us on eating the hides of our lovers?

Related topic - Centaur haunch shish kebab: worth the risk?

As a general rule it's probably best to avoid eating anything (anyone) which has the ability to both open doors and stomp your skull into tiny pieces.

Guilty!

ETA: and by that I mean you are guilty. If we are to have a half-cannibalism and half-beastiality thread such as this, it's important that objectification apply both female and male half-humans to avoid being misogynist.

Weeping Sore - I entirely agree, but I don't see what that has to do with deflecting your own interests onto me. You could have simply dropped male centaurs into the discussion and no-one would have batted an eyelid. It was who who specified mermaids in the OP title, not merpeople or mermen. It was I who specified female centaurs in my previous post only because of the mermaid association. The closest analogy to a mermaid would be a female centaur, not a male. And what's misogynistic about being attracted anyway if you're a male to a member of the opposite sex? Surely it would be more objectifying to a mermaid if someone were willing to eat her tail, because then she'd be seen as a foodstuff? You obviously haven't thought your remark at me straight through.

Archived