College Basketball - 2015 Tournament

RedEyedGhost

Racers are 4 minutes away from advancing to play at Tulsa in round two if the NIT. Playing great!

As to BYU... I only saw them twice this year against Gonzaga and I liked what I saw, so I had the BYU/Ole Miss line advancing at least one game. (And I think maybe two...)

I just read this, and I don't know if it's true, but "the average age for the BYU starters is 23, the average age of the Utah Jazz starters is 22."

Need this last FT, FA!

ETA: Congrats, FA, that was an extremely fun game :cheers:

Beautiful, just beautiful. One of the most satisfying wins in school history. I'm so proud of this team for rediscovering the effort and execution that made them such a tough out in the mid-season. On to the X-Men!!

ETA: thanks REG! :cheers:

After that how the heck am I supposed to sleep? :lol:

I just read this, and I don't know if it's true, but "the average age for the BYU starters is 23, the average age of the Utah Jazz starters is 22."

Need this last FT, FA!

ETA: Congrats, FA, that was an extremely fun game :cheers:

Yeah, and the average number of kids per BYU starter is 3.5(just a guess).

Seriously though, that was a great game.

I'm still over the moon about last night. Fun stats from the game (compiled from various sources, mainly ESPN Stats & Info):

Ole Miss scored 62 points in the 2nd half, the most in a Tournament game since 2007.

OM's last 50 points were scored in the final 14:07 - a pace of 141.7 points per 40 minutes.

BYU shooting beyond the arc in the 1st half: 10/15 (66.7%). OM shooting from inside the arc in the 2nd half: 20/28 (71.4%).

And the big one - Points off turnovers: OM - 25, BYU - zilch, zippo, nada.

The good news is that I get to advance the entire BYU/Ole Miss line, so even though my faith was misplaced... it can still be rewarded!

:lol:

:thumbsup:

I turned the game off at halftime and went to bed. :bang:

:rofl:

You weren't alone - just perusing the message boards this morning there were plenty of our fans who did the same.

Way I figured, we aren't in the Tournament every year so I at least wanted to hang in there and see if we could make a game of it. We came out playing like a completely different team in the second half and never let up.

141.7 ppp :stunned: That's amazing.

Then there's this from last night:

UTEP Assoc AD tweets out apology after accidentally posting to the school's official Twitter account blasting their star player.

Talked to the 13 NBA scouts here and the consensus is Vince Hunter lacks the perimeter game to play at the next level #minerstrong

:rofl:

Archived