College Basketball - 2015 Tournament

RedEyedGhost

Well Iowa State already won their Superbowl so they weren't really playing for anything, but those bastards still screwed my bracket.

So, I came in here to complain about the play-in games leading to me not submitting a bracket much like the NFL Thursday Night games wreck me in Fantasy Football (I thought you had to have the bracket in before the play-in... and for what it's worth, I think that should be the rule, but I'm glad to find that it's not), but REG's clear opening post stated I still had 20 minutes to get one in, so I'm signed up. Thanks, REG!

I still think the play-in games are some bullshit, though. God forbid we allow there to be a few days between selection and tip-off without any ball to build anticipation.

:thumbsup:

Well Iowa State already won their Superbowl so they weren't really playing for anything, but those bastards still screwed my bracket.

I think it's the same as the Kentucky effect in the SEC. I always see these teams playing above themselves against UK, then they turnaround and play different than I've seen in the tournament. Always leads to me picking teams to go too far.

Big XII teams and Kansas are the same.

I think it's the same as the Kentucky effect in the SEC. I always see these teams playing above themselves against UK, then they turnaround and play different than I've seen in the tournament. Always leads to me picking teams to go too far.

Big XII teams and Kansas are the same.

Yeah, since Missouri left everybody is concerned about who our new rival! is, and it doesn't matter. The entire Big XII is our rival, we'll just be here waiting for another team to step up.

I had ISU in my final four in BOTH brackets - I don't know why I didn't hedge in one, but either Duke or Gonzaga burns me every year. Glad to hear I'm not the only early bracket collapse.

While in general I understand the sentiment of rooting for underdogs, UAB is in Alabama AND is coached by a twerp who ditched Cal to kiss Roy Williams' backside.

Not a fan, to say the least...

Bummer for our pal Race as well.

If I am reading the "total possible points" category correctly, it appears four of our brackets had ISU in the final. That is an astounding number for a #3 seed, at least to me. Even more impressive had it come to pass.

If I am reading the "total possible points" category correctly, it appears four of our brackets had ISU in the final. That is an astounding number for a #3 seed, at least to me. Even more impressive had it come to pass.

Five of 26 people in my work bracket had them in the final.

Five of 26 people in my work bracket had them in the final.

I think that a lot of people who are picking the "obvious" choice of Kentucky may want to avoid being similarly predictable on the other side of the bracket. At least that's what my armchair psychologist says.

Archived