College Basketball - 2015 Tournament

RedEyedGhost

I like 'Zona as a pick a lot, even though I picked UK to win it.

Yeah. My goal every year is to guess the best available team that no one else is going to pick. I thought Arizona was pretty aggressive on that front, but I figured if me and one other person take Zona, I'll live with it. But 15 of the 24 people picked Kentucky, which was even more than I expected. Liking my chances a lot (or at least as much as one can before the games actually start).

West Virginia folks are very aware that Buffalo is a popular upset pick, it's all over the WVU boards - obviously Huggins and the team know.

I doubt that makes much difference in the end. If Buffalo plays a good game they certainly can win and that outcome would not surprise me. As I've griped about before, WVU is not a good shooting team. They are a bad shooting team, in fact.

Still, with all the media speculation around the 5-12 games and WVU commonly picked as the most likely 5 to go down, they will be prepared to play Buffalo and it looks like Staten and Browne will also play. WVU goes about 10 deep when the starting guards are healthy and they will try to gradually wear Buffalo down. On the other hand, Buffalo has had plenty of time to prepare for WVU's press which always works better when teams don't have a lot of time to get ready for it.

eta - have fun Fez! enjoy the trip, I wish I could go.

This Notre Dame team... I should have known better. They always suck in the tournament. Why did I have them going through to the Elite 8?!?

I wouldn't be so quick to dispair of your Notre Dame pick. Lots of good tourney runs have started with a poor first half due to nerves.

When Cal played Irvine during my student days, I was sitting in the front row of the student section, which back at old Harmon Gym was about sixteen inches from the court. The Irvine PG brought the ball up and I pointedly pretended to ask "Buglickers??? Who the hell chooses to play for the Buglickers. (and spying the anteater logo on his shorts) and What the Hell is that thing on your pants??!!:"

Turns it is possible if there is no pressure for a PG to flip off a member of the opposing crowd while bringing up the ball.

When Cal played Irvine during my student days, I was sitting in the front row of the student section, which back at old Harmon Gym was about sixteen inches from the court. The Irvine PG brought the ball up and I pointedly pretended to ask "Buglickers??? Who the hell chooses to play for the Buglickers. (and spying the anteater logo on his shorts) and What the Hell is that thing on your pants??!!:"

Turns it is possible if there is no pressure for a PG to flip off a member of the opposing crowd while bringing up the ball.

:lol:

I will be watching that game just to see the 7'6" guy.

Haha, wow. Pretty sure I had them going to the Sweet 16 in all my brackets.

But whatevs, I live for the upsets not picking the games right.

I also had them losing in the Sweet 16, but I was happy to see UAB win. If you aren't rooting for the underdog (unless you're an Iowa State fan), then you don't have your priorities straight.

Archived