College Basketball - 2015 Tournament

RedEyedGhost

Rough tournament for 3 seeds thus far. Oklahoma better watch out.

yeah, might have picked the wrong 3-14.

Last changes I made this morning was to switch UAB & ISU.

But this is what makes this a great time of year.

I think that a lot of people who are picking the "obvious" choice of Kentucky may want to avoid being similarly predictable on the other side of the bracket. At least that's what my armchair psychologist says.

Want to win your pool in a year where there is a heavy favorite to win it all, there are two viable strategies. The first is to stick with the favorite for champion and go with several less conventiinal predictions for deep runs. Rather the favorite wins or chokes, you will need something to set your bracket apart from the others who have the same champion.

Of course, the other option, is to pick against the favorite and pray.

Want to win your pool in a year where there is a heavy favorite to win it all, there are two viable strategies. The first is to stick with the favorite for champion and go with several less conventiinal predictions for deep runs. Rather the favorite wins or chokes, you will need something to set your bracket apart from the others who have the same champion.

Of course, the other option, is to pick against the favorite and pray.

In smaller pools I think its fine to pick the favorite and try to find some non-conventional picks (like a #3 seed going FF/championship game). But in the really big pools, I think you have to go against the favorite, since if you don't, no matter what you do someone else will have also done it and done it better.

That's why I have Arizona winning it all in my entry to CBS' massive bracket challenge instead.

In smaller pools I think its fine to pick the favorite and try to find some non-conventional picks (like a #3 seed going FF/championship game). But in the really big pools, I think you have to go against the favorite, since if you don't, no matter what you do someone else will have also done it and done it better.

That's why I have Arizona winning it all in my entry to CBS' massive bracket challenge instead.

Hedge fund theory. Risk big for the big reward. Doesn't play so well on the stock market, but not a bad strategy for a million dollar bracket.

Texas was considered by some as a legit contender but ended up as one of the last teams into the field. They now completed their disasterous season as a 1 and done. The big 12 is not exactly showering itself in glory so far.

Archived