College Basketball - 2015 Tournament

RedEyedGhost

Just heard a snippet on ESPN radio that Boeheim has announced he will retire in three years. He says this will aid in a smooth transition to a new coach, so I guess they are going to go with the dreaded "Coach in Waiting" approach.

I'm happy to see Hampton getting to play another game even if they'll only be a light snack for UK. One of my friends graduated from Hampton and he's in Louisville so they'll have a few local fans there at the game.

You cheered against Masiello?????

I don't think I've ever told my Steve Masiello story here on this board, so here goes.

When I was in college at UK (for the magical years of 1994-1998, btw) my best friend was one of the sports writers at the student newspaper. During our junior year, in a column he once described Masiello as "UK's diminutive super scrub" rather than go with the tired "human victory cigar" cliche. Well, turns out Masiello didn't like that term one bit, called my best friend's dorm room and left a nasty message challenging him to a fight.

Years later, we still get a kick out of that.

I don't think I've ever told my Steve Masiello story here on this board, so here goes.

When I was in college at UK (for the magical years of 1994-1998, btw) my best friend was one of the sports writers at the student newspaper. During our junior year, in a column he once described Masiello as "UK's diminutive super scrub" rather than go with the tired "human victory cigar" cliche. Well, turns out Masiello didn't like that term one bit, called my best friend's dorm room and left a nasty message challenging him to a fight.

Years later, we still get a kick out of that.

That is really funny. He has that look of someone who angers easily.

Since its not a prediction if you don't tell anyone in advance... I'm going to say beware Belmont vs Virginia.

I'm not confident enough to pick that 15 over 2 match-up in the pool, but Belmont isn't afraid to jack up a ton of threes. They hit 15 against Murray and that was with them hitting well below their season average percentage from the field. With UVA's packline defense, I think Belmont could put a lot of shots in the air. If they're falling, then there could be real potential for an upset.

I signed up my 5 year old son's picks in the league to hopefully shame a few of us. :devil: Of course when Georgia and UC-Irvine are playing in the Elite 8, Dad will be opening a betting account next year and let him do the picking..

While not nearly as exciting as last night, this has been a pretty good game. It's almost tomorrow!

Truly the best two days of the sports calendar.

:cheers:

I can't believe they didn't call a foul there. I agree with Doug that it's not really a foul, but it's always called a foul - I know because it's gone against us at least once every other game this season (and for us a time or two also).

Since its not a prediction if you don't tell anyone in advance... I'm going to say beware Belmont vs Virginia.

I'm not confident enough to pick that 15 over 2 match-up in the pool, but Belmont isn't afraid to jack up a ton of threes. They hit 15 against Murray and that was with them hitting well below their season average percentage from the field. With UVA's packline defense, I think Belmont could put a lot of shots in the air. If they're falling, then there could be real potential for an upset.

I'm there with you...not enough stones to actually make the pick, but if Belmont starts to push the tempo up and can get into a rhythm with the way they can shoot I can see VIrginia sweating.

Sort of the reverse of Mercer-Duke last year.

I'm super-pumped up. I'll be in Columbus tomorrow to see the Buffalo-WVU game, hope the road trip's worth it. I'm feeling pretty good about the team's chances, but all the articles about Buffalo being the trendy upset pick are starting to make me nervous. Conventional wisdom is wrong so very often.

I'm super-pumped up. I'll be in Columbus tomorrow to see the Buffalo-WVU game, hope the road trip's worth it. I'm feeling pretty good about the team's chances, but all the articles about Buffalo being the trendy upset pick are starting to make me nervous. Conventional wisdom is wrong so very often.

Yeah a bunch of people (including myself) have Buffalo winning that one. I almost changed it because of that but let it ride because none of the other 12 seeds seemed like they could pull it off.

Just heard a snippet on ESPN radio that Boeheim has announced he will retire in three years. He says this will aid in a smooth transition to a new coach, so I guess they are going to go with the dreaded "Coach in Waiting" approach.

Oh, and this is absolutely "you can't fire me, I quit...in three years."

Yeah a bunch of people (including myself) have Buffalo winning that one. I almost changed it because of that but let it ride because none of the other 12 seeds seemed like they could pull it off.

On CBSSports only Patterson has picked them but I hear good stuff about their coach - good pedigree or something like that.

So, I came in here to complain about the play-in games leading to me not submitting a bracket much like the NFL Thursday Night games wreck me in Fantasy Football (I thought you had to have the bracket in before the play-in... and for what it's worth, I think that should be the rule, but I'm glad to find that it's not), but REG's clear opening post stated I still had 20 minutes to get one in, so I'm signed up. Thanks, REG!

I still think the play-in games are some bullshit, though. God forbid we allow there to be a few days between selection and tip-off without any ball to build anticipation.

Archived