Middle East and North Africa 18

Dicer

As far as regimes the US gets into bed with, just in that region, Iran is like ... one of the least objectionable.

The hysterics over it are absolutely fucking silly.

Christ, Shryke. You should see the amount of people who believe they'd nuke Israel first chance they get.

No it didn't. The precursor was founded as a charity in 1973. (as part of the general israeli drive to encourage islamist movements in order to weaken Fatah) It was part of a general centralization effort among various islamic groups in the 70's and 80's, pooling their resources together.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas

Educate yourself

Read the most recent UN human rights briefing on Iran suggesting rhey emd rhe practice of raping 9 year old girls.

I would, but this doesn't exist. What I believe you are referencing is a submission by an American pressure group, the Iran Human Rights Documentation Center, to the UN. The actual UN Human Rights Commission report says nothing of the kind.

TOaFK,

And based off zero evidence beside statements made by every member of the government and military.

Could you please provide a link that shows statements by every member of the Iranian Government and military that they will fire nuclear weapons at Israel the instant they have Nuclear weapons?

TOaFK,

OK. I'll be generous and not hold you to every member of the government and military. I'll be satisfied with quotes from the following: Ayatollah Khamenei, President Rouhani, Defence MInister Vahidi and Foreign Minister Salehi. Off you go.

Fez,

Your comment seems to suggest you think everyone posting here is anti-Semitic. I would appreciate a clarification.

This thread is a circlejerk of antisemitism

Please do show any antisemitic posts if there are any, for if there are any (by me at least) said antisemitism can be rectified.

If you're confusing antisemitism with anti - Israel sentiment, then sorry but the pox's on you.

TOaFK,

From your link:

In 2013, a new Iranian president, Hassan Rouhani, was sworn into office. While more soft-spoken than his predecessor – and widely described as a “moderate” – Rouhani has nonetheless referred to “the Zionist regime” as an enemy nation and pledged to find a way to achieve Khomeini’s long-term goal of ensuring that Israel ceases to exist.

That's one where we are relying upon the writer of the article not a quote or even a paraphrase. It refers to staments from a dead Iranian Mullah and a former President not the current President and claims he endorsed the earlier statements with no reference to how he endorsed those earlier statements. Can you find this president's endorsement of the earlier statements?

And based off zero evidence beside statements made by every member of the government and military.

You realize most of that is empty rhetoric and saber rattling. And none of this equates to "we're totally gonna nuke 'em first chance we'd get."

As far as actual attacks go, Israel has been just as bellicose. Well, moreso given Bibi's recent attempt to sabotage any peace negotiations.

Jesus, I'm not even agreeing with some of the other stuff in this topic (trying to pass off Hamas as a legitimate freedom fighter organization for one), but your arguments have been ridiculously sad and an attempt to separate this into a 'good guys/bad guys' dichotomy.

TOaFK,

From your link:

That's one where we are relying upon the writer of the article not a quote or even a paraphrase. It refers to staments from a dead Iranian Mullah and a former President not the current President and claims he endorsed the earlier statements with no reference to how he endorsed those earlier statements. Can you find this president's endorsement of the earlier statements?

Keep reading.

And on a personal note as someone who has Muslim friends and has to defend moderate Muslims, something you do quite frequently a note. When you defend the radicals it weakens your defense of the Moderates

You realize most of that is empty rhetoric and saber rattling. And none of this equates to "we're totally gonna nuke 'em first chance we'd get."

As far as actual attacks go, Israel has been just as bellicose. Well, moreso given Bibi's recent attempt to sabotage any peace negotiations.

Jesus, I'm not even agreeing with some of the other stuff in this topic (trying to pass off Hamas as a legitimate freedom fighter organization for one), but your arguments have been ridiculously sad and an attempt to separate this into a 'good guys/bad guys' dichotomy.

Actually I admited fault on both sides.

And what Bibi is trying to do is to keep that rhetoric empty and the saber no existent

Keep reading.

And on a personal note as someone who has Muslim friends and has to defend moderate Muslims, something you do quite frequently a note. When you defend the radicals it weakens your defense of the Moderates

I think you are just taking the piss. No one with at least average intelligence would make Bushism his or her personal ideology. Which you are doing...

So I guess "Iran evil, must destroy" would be your modus operandi :).

I think you are just taking the piss. No one with at least average intelligence would make Bushism his or her personal ideology. Which you are doing...

So I guess "Iran evil, must destroy" would be your modus operandi :).

Not destroy. Destroy is never the answer. Change over. Make a part of the free world for the safety of our people and the benefit of theirs.

This thread is a circlejerk of antisemitism.

But right-wing racism isn't the appropriate response either.

Pox on all y'all.

Oh for fucks sake. Why do so many people think that criticism of Israel is somehow an insult to all Jews?

Archived