Dornish Debaters: TV Edition [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

Okay...newest episode: Ellaria wants to send Myrcella back to King's Landing one finger at a time. Discuss.

Here's what's going to happen, IMO:

Ellaria conspires, with the sand snakes, to do something to Myrcella - fails - Doran gives her "the speech" in Episode 6 (titled Unbowed Unbent Unbroken).

I'm...relatively fine with a revenge-seeking Ellaria, but it bothers me that her plan is just that. At least the Queenmaking plot could get the Martells a King Consort

tbh that doesn't bother me at all. even in the books I got the feeling that the Dornish didn't care that much about getting a King Consort. They just wanted to start a war to overthrow the Lannisters from the Iron Throne and rekindle old hatreds with the Tyrells. Arianne and a few of her cronies were the only ones who actually believed in Myrcella's claim. But even among them Darkstar speaks true when he says "This is how you start a war. Not with a crown of gold, but with a blade of steel.", looks like D&D thought that way too.

Ellaria was awesome, grief-stricken but still mature and wise enough to see that revenge solves nothing, and brings further destruction upon her family and Dorne, her speech speech was one of the highlights of Dornish storyline. Creators of the show saw that and thought this is bad, lets have some more aggressive homicidal maniacs obsessed with vengeance.

I'm...relatively fine with a revenge-seeking Ellaria, but it bothers me that her plan is just that. At least the Queenmaking plot could get the Martells a King Consort

Yes, I think this would have been a much better way for Ellaria to go, to take the Queenmaker role from Arianne.

Archived