(Book Spoilers) S5 ep 1 concerning the burning

Red Rahloo Connington

As far as i know, till ep. 4, beyond that i don't know.

I haven't watched any of the leaked episodes, but (show spoilerish)

...supposedly, there's a lot of R+L=J support in the first 4, judging by comments of people who have

There are leaked episodes?

Not sure if you guys saw, but discussing anything about leaked episodes will get you banned:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum-39/announcement-70-important-on-leaks-and-spoilers/

Look closely at the scarf thing Mance suddenly has. He never had that before.

I also reread the chapters and Melisandre's POV. There isn't even a need for a ruby. And the show has shown last season her potions and powders.

That plot is needed guys. They cannot just scrap it without the whole Wall story collapsing. The books set this story line up and half of Dance with dragons is about that plot line with fakeMance (and other fakes).

And now we have a real Sansa to safe.

And to those who don't like glamours and secret identities...how can you like the books then at all? Every character came across or was at some point disguised and revealed himself as someone else than expected.

That is an important theme in the book series. As is magic.

Did anyone notice the focus on tormund during mances burning? Am I the only one who believes they did this cause tormund took mances place instead of The Lord of bones?

First Gren, now Tormund. :,(

First I thought so, but thinking back, I doubt that is the case.

I think that Mance is dead. Which is a shame considering that I liked both the character and the actor who played him.

It was also a needless change IMO. They could have burned Tormund instead and get Snow shoot him, if they wanted. But I guess that with the fake Arya story not being on the show, they don't feel the need for Mance anymore. I was seriously angered by the change though, even Talisa/Jayne dying was more acceptable for me.

I agree, but they never mentioned valonqar either, so ...

I do not know what's going on in writers' minds, but why must they omit every single iconic sentence from the books?

So far we haven't heard:

- Only Cat

- Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!

- Where do the whores go?

And now there in no valonqar. Is there some bet going on between the GoT writers on how many iconic sentences can they cut and replace with ... a pile of horse s..te.

However, Ciaran Hinds said: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/12/game-thrones-mance-rayder-dead

Yep. No idea why they have cut all the iconic lines from the book. For all those three cases, I was completely dissapointed.

Yesterday was even worse. The entire prophecy should have used for two things: reintroduce the Rhaegar Targaryan (there won't be a shock when he is revealed as Jon's father if no-one from the poor souls don't know who is him - seriously, he hasn't been mentioned since the first season IMO), and to explain the unnatural hatred of Cersei-bitch for Tyrion.

They ommited both of those things. Why? I have no idea.

I do not know what's going on in writers' minds, but why must they omit every single iconic sentence from the books?

So far we haven't heard:

- Only Cat

- Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!

- Where do the whores go?

I don't understand why some people get so attached to things like this. None of those lines are particularly great and the only one that I'd even consider memorable is "Where do whores go?" and only because it was repeated a million times in Dance.

OP: Mance is dead. RIP. Ciaran Hinds rules and killed it even if the part was significantly different than book Manec.

I am so torn on if they if he dead or not. On one hand the show expects the audience to accept the faceless men's tricks (which we have already seen). I can imagine they trust the viewer to accept a glammer.

The glamour is very different from the Faceless Man's tricks. There's something otherworldly and mysterious about the Faceless Men, and they have to train for years and give up their identities; all that makes their shape-shifting easier to swallow.

Mel on the other hand, just wears a magic ruby around her neck and she can change people's appearances. It's too Hocus Pocus.

The glamour is very different from the Faceless Man's tricks. There's something otherworldly and mysterious about the Faceless Men, and they have to train for years and give up their identities; all that makes their shape-shifting easier to swallow.

Mel on the other hand, just wears a magic ruby around her neck and she can change people's appearances. It's too Hocus Pocus.

But shadowbabies are kool....

I found the fake Mance a cheap trick, and non-permanent deaths have become way too common in the books. So much that people don't care that much when Jon (arguably the hero of the books) dies. We all just assume he's coming back. That should have been a bigger pop than Ned dying in Book 1.

The faceless man magic is very true to the (best parts of) series. It is rough, difficult and the core of what they do.

As disappointed as I am that Hinds is off the shows, and an interesting character is gone, I'm glad (hoping?) that they removed this bit of cheap writing.

Yeah, he's better. Book Tormund was a jolly cartoon character. This guy's a believable badass but still with an edge of humor.

Eh, I felt that book Tormund was an individual. Someone you wouldn't forget. People I know who watch the show and don't read the books refer to him as "the red head". Show Tormund was just another wildling.

Archived