On what planet is stealing someone's personal property (even an American Flag being used in a protest) okay?

Ser Scot A Ellison

Google if you want but someone dug up photos of her draping the flag around her naked body in a sexy pose, too.

I guess honoring your country can mean rubbing its flag on your naked vagina to some people.

The only picture I could find is of her with the flag is one in which the flag is covering her body. She doesn't appear to be rubbing the flag on her naked vagina.

She is wrong to do so in that picture too. Especially since the picture I am talking about the flag is touching the ground which is also wrong.

If this is the picture then she appears to be naked (not wearing skin-toned leggings and no thong-lines), and the flag was drapped to be touching her vagina. Maybe not rubbing. But certainly friendlier than the flag ought to be to anyone's genital.

And the point is that for someone who has done that to a flag to come around and justify her own actions in stealing the flag as some form of respecting the flag is inane. Nobody should take that claim at face value after knowing the full story.

Towing is stealing, now?

It's taking someone's property without their permission. I guess you can pay to get it back, making it more of an extortion scheme than straight, theft, but still. Justify it any way you want, but most thieves can probably come up with some justification for what they do.

It's taking someone's property without their permission. I guess you can pay to get it back, making it more of an extortion scheme than straight, theft, but still. Justify it any way you want, but most thieves can probably come up with some justification for what they do.

It's not stealing or extorting if your belonging, which is trespassing, is being confiscated, permanently or temporarily.

If this is the picture then she appears to be naked (not wearing skin-toned leggings and no thong-lines), and the flag was drapped to be touching her vagina. Maybe not rubbing. But certainly friendlier than the flag ought to be to anyone's genital.

And the point is that for someone who has done that to a flag to come around and justify her own actions in stealing the flag as some form of respecting the flag is inane. Nobody should take that claim at face value after knowing the full story.

Yep. That is the photo. I wasn't sure on the rules about posting a link to a semi-naked picture so I didn't post a link to it.

And yes she is being hypocritical by taking the protestors flag while posing in a picture with the flag touching the ground.

As far as I can tell from how the words are defined, the only difference between theft and confiscation is that confiscation is done by a government or public authority and all other instances of taking someone's property from them is theft.

one could argue that confiscation is still theft, it's just called something different when authority does it

As far as I can tell from how the words are defined, the only difference between theft and confiscation is that confiscation is done by a government or public authority and all other instances of taking someone's property from them is theft.

one could argue that confiscation is still theft, it's just called something different when authority does it

One could argue that. One could also argue any number of inane ideas, such as all taxation is theft and all laws are illegitimate. Plenty of people do these things, even on this board.

So, are you making that argument? Do _you_ think that?

But what if you like, really love your country?

One could argue that. One could also argue any number of inane ideas, such as all taxation is theft and all laws are illegitimate. Plenty of people do these things, even on this board.

So, are you making that argument? Do _you_ think that?

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about it. I certainly wouldn't call any of those ideas inane.

fundamentally I think anytime you take someone's property from them without their permission it's theft even if you replace theft with some other fancy word.

Sometimes I think theft is justified, like taking a gun away from some maniac who is waving it around threatening to kill people.

Some people are fans of Robin Hood type theft like that HBO series about the early days of HIV/AIDS.

where Al Pacino is a super rich guy with Aids and he's got a stockpile of medicine in his hospital room, then a nurse comes and takes some of his medicine to give to his friends who are sick and can't afford to buy the medicine.

Hopefully I'm not derailing the thread here, I've been told I have a habit of that

Kinda reminds my of this story about a 'triggered' professor stealing and tearing up protest signs. Trigger Warning: the link is Gawker

I guess honoring your country can mean rubbing its flag on your naked vagina to some people.

I fully endorse this as a method of both honouring one's country and desecrating its flag.

Ha, I was in when she got kicked out of the reserves for her playboy spread.

Ya, i'm a big fan of the flag, and try to adhere to US Code Title 36, Chapter 10 as much as I can. Saying that, I do respect the right to protest in what ever way you want. For me, it's a pretty hefty symbol. One I associate with personal sacrifice, loss, growth, prosperity, power, freedom, and a little bit of love. So I take the damn thing pretty fucking seriously. Even with all that, I would still let others protest how they deem fit. Why else do we have the people willing to make those sacrifices, if people can't explore the freedom they provide?

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago, there was a controversy about a picture of some soldier's young baby having their picture taken in a flag being used as a hammock?

I'm suspect this woman would have dumped the baby out of the hammock.

Archived