NBA 2014-15: Playoff edition

Ramsay B.

All four series are 2-1 to the underdog. Awesome.

I love watching Golden State, and there's plenty of hoops left to play, but maybe they've met a nasty matchup with a plodding team with D that can mess with Curry's and Thompson's world a bit.

Obviously pleased by tonight's outcome, but we've still got a long way to go. Nice that even at worst we'll get a game 6 in Memphis - this city is electrified with Griz fever right now.

Man. Conley might be my second favorite player after Kyrie.

That insane layup he made near the end was the play that sealed the game, and that was playing with a recently broken face and leg cramps. He is such a tough competitor it's not even funny.

For that it's worth, the overhead shots of the arena in Memphis next to the river looked awesome. Wants to visit.

Yeah, it's not over, but something has to give. I'm not shocked at the lack of offense, as that is pretty much what the Grizz do. Seems to me it's the Dubs defense that has been the biggest surprise. Not seeing the same fire they had in the last round.

Such unbelievable faith in your team.

Such unbelievable faith in your team.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a fair weather fan when it comes to the NBA. I kind of lost interest in it back in the 90's after The Run TMC Warrior's were done with their run. That being said, you have to understand that this is the Warriors we are talking about. This iteration of the team is fantastic no doubt, but we are looking at decades of no playoffs with small little windows of competency in between.

This season has literally been too good to be true. I don't think you can fault me for being at least a tiny bit skeptical. I don't think this series is over by any stretch of the imagination, but I am obviously concerned.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a fair weather fan when it comes to the NBA. I kind of lost interest in it back in the 90's after The Run TMC Warrior's were done with their run. That being said, you have to understand that this is the Warriors we are talking about. This iteration of the team is fantastic no doubt, but we are looking at decades of no playoffs with small little windows of competency in between.

This season has literally been too good to be true. I don't think you can fault me for being at least a tiny bit skeptical. I don't think this series is over by any stretch of the imagination, but I am obviously concerned.

Hmm, very honest of you, I can respect that.

So now I can say I've watched an NBA playoff game where Otto Porter is the most confident guy on the floor. This is real life.

Good to see Nene playing angry. Promising start.

And holy shit Teague, that was an absolute flagrant.

This is basically my take. I get why people dislike him but between his writing and what he built at Grantland, he's made sports way more entertaining for me on a number of fronts. I'll always be a fan for that reason.

I'm sad about the Bill Simmons thing. Really. I love to read his stuff and Zach Lowe's at Grantland.

I'd like to read what the other guys are writing on the NBA there but I don't have the time.

I am several columns/essays behind on Lowe and Simmons as it is. I like Simmons' podcasts as well. Especially when it's him and Lowe, but he has great other guests as well. And he's very entertaining.

So I am wondering what will happen. Simmons definitely leaves Grantland then? I wonder what his writers will do. If they stay I will continue to read Grantland.

And on another note, yes, awful foul from Teague on Beal. No respect at all. He just jumped up and hit him in the face. Come on. I'm glad the Wizards are ahead in this series, but it's bizarre that that happens without John Wall. Atlanta's doing precisely what people expected them to do.

that's great. these guys have been going strong for like... what? fifteen years? ever since Tuesday n Thursday NBA on TNT, and they have always entertained. Only thing I've ever enjoyed watching more that was basketball related was Bill Simons livestreaming from his garage with Jalen and House and some other dudes during the first few days of March Madness some years ago.

This video of Shaq tripping over during Inside NBA this week completely cracked me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNLlyA2soPU

Like a house brought down.

You can get your I Called Game t-shirt now!

ETA: These Black-Eyed Peas bits are like some amazing, Zoolander-esque parody of the Black-Eyed Peas except done by them. It's really something.

i don't really know why but i just enjoy watching LeBron lose. He gets this pouty look on his face that I imagine anyone crowned "The King" at too young an age is wont to wear when not getting their way.

i don't really know why but i just enjoy watching LeBron lose. He gets this pouty look on his face that I imagine anyone crowned "The King" at too young an age is wont to wear when not getting their way.

Seconded. Felt the same way watching Jordan lose. Not that this happened terribly often.

Seconded. Felt the same way watching Jordan lose. Not that this happened terribly often.

THat said, i feel so dirty rooting for that Bulls uniform.

I'm so conflicted these playoffs!!

Archived