[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

That garbage is one of the 40 best written show in tv history according to the Writers Guild of America.

Are we supposed to believe there were FORTY shows in the history of American TV that were not garbage?????

ETA: found the list, lol

GoT comes 40th, right after "sex and the city".

http://tvline.com/2013/06/03/100-best-written-tv-shows-ever-the-sopranos/

I guess that settles it.

Is it true Dastardly and Despicable didn't know Samwell was a POV character?

I can't help but chuckle every...damn...time :bowdown:

Anyway, I read the post on winteriscoming.net which was mentioned a few pages back about how GRRMs editor showed her distaste about the changes in the show and as always ,the comments beneath were...predictable.

"AH MY GAD BUTTHURT PURISTS...AH STAHP WATCHING DA SHOW, DO US A FAVURRRR"

DP doesn't sound right to me either...but I'm a sick, sick, yordle.

The introduction of the Sandsnakes was hilariously bad. If you thought they were cartoonish caricatures in the books, watch what D&D do with them. It's going to blow our minds it'll be so bad.

Podrick getting a freebie from prostitutes was seriously one of the dumbest things ever in the show...it doesn't matter if you're a fucking sex God, prostitutes want money. It's how they live. Duh. They don't fucking do freebies. What, three of them got together and said, "OMG he was so good in bed let's not charge him???" Yeah...okay...that has happened....never....

Didn't Tyrion pay them in advance for saving his life? The refund was retarded Dumb, charges Tyrion double. I am pretty sure they wouldn't have been happy about it, because they had been working all day, the last they want is somebody working them harder. There are exceptions granted where he might have got some extra time a better service, but I think the majority is in the above comment.

Anyway, I read the post on winteriscoming.net which was mentioned a few pages back about how GRRMs editor showed her distaste about the changes in the show and as always ,the comments beneath were...predictable.

Miodrag told me the place was less than friendly to the books with the overwhelming amount of hatred ADwD received a day or so after its release.

Miodrag told me the place was less than friendly to the books with the overwhelming amount of hatred ADwD received a day or so after its release.

Damn this evil broadband.

Are we supposed to believe there were FORTY shows in the history of American TV that were not garbage?????

ETA: found the list, lol

GoT comes 40th, right after "sex and the city".

http://tvline.com/2013/06/03/100-best-written-tv-shows-ever-the-sopranos/

I guess that settles it.

What is that based on, awards, overall viewers, highest grossing, aired the most.

Written shows? I don't know that word? 40th certainly questions it

Anytime somebody refers to their own circle of friends as an indicator for a larger message, that will always fall flat. Too small of a sample size.

Yeah. So? What's that got to do with what I'm saying? The point was, I always assumed that when people started to realise how shite the show has become, the book folk who love the show would jump ship before the unsullied. But maybe that's not the case. This comment is an example of a show only person who's feeling disconnected from the show. Twitter is full of people in the exact same situation. And most of my unsullied friends are getting tired of the show and/or lost interest. I'll admit I may have played a part in my unsullied friends' change of heart; whenever they ask me anything about the show (that doesn't make sense or is rushed or confusing), I'll sort of give them a quick explanation followed by a long hard lecture on how absurd it is to watch this comedy of errors instead of reading the books. And it pays off sometimes. Last night a show viewer only friend told me she's done with the show and has already started reading AGoT.

"They spent the time on the good stuff, and have radically pared down the dreck. Maybe if GRRM had a better editor in the first place, some of these story changes wouldn’t be necessary. But he didn’t — and they are necessary.

That’s the ugly truth. She should deal with it and look at the mirror for answers."

Ugggrrggghyeeeaaarrhhhhhhh.

"I don’t the changes are that big a deal. In fact, in some ways they’re better. By making Sansa the one to marry Ramsay it makes viewers more sympathetic to her situation. Much better that having it be some random background character that you feel sorry for, but don’t really care much about."

GAAArrrggggggggggggggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaa*unintelligible noises*

"A Feast for Crows" refers to the state of Westeros in the wake of the War of the Five Kings. This is primarily shown through the eyes of Jaime, Cersei and Brienne. The show didn't take out filler that editors should've taken out anyway, they destroyed the point of that whole book.

"I don’t the changes are that big a deal. In fact, in some ways they’re better. By making Sansa the one to marry Ramsay it makes viewers more sympathetic to her situation. Much better that having it be some random background character that you feel sorry for, but don’t really care much about."

Some people simply don't deserve the books.

For these guys, the show/books is just a succession of bad-ass events. They don't care what character is where doing what, or about their motives or the transformations said events will cause to them.

They just want to be shocked, and the bigger character the better.

I'm surprised they didn't give Reek's role (the torture part, you know, the one that was shown for an entire season) to Bran or to Ned's corpse. It would have been so much shocking!

"A Feast for Crows" refers to the state of Westeros in the wake of the War of the Five Kings. This is primarily shown through the eyes of Jaime, Cersei and Brienne. The show didn't take out filler that editors should've taken out anyway, they destroyed the point of that whole book.

More than that examining people still in the game their motivations, intent, adding more background into some histories, introducing other characters, regions we knew little about previously, Dorne, Iron Islands, Meereen, Braavos etc. Considering some of the effects that the war had left its wake. Dany, Riverlands, Wall, Kings Landing.

It's so dumb what they do with Dorne. Oh, it's still a place where both sons and daughters have equal inheriting rights, we'll just eliminate any female that reflects this fact. Arianne, Oberyn and Doran's mother, Lady Blackmont. The Blackmont character disappeared the second Oberyn disappeared into Littlefinger's whorehouse, but it still had to be a guy.

But, like always, if you try to explain that to one of them, you're immediately bombarded with comments like: "Go away book purist, you're just mad because the show is not like the books!"

Archived