[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

That "Daughter before uncle" line is being misinterpreted by most of you.

You have to remember the context of that line is that both "daughter" and "uncle" are relationships that pertain to the Lord in question. In other words, his daughter would inherit before *his* uncle. Not the daughter's uncle. The Daughter's uncle, i.e. *his brother*, would inherit before before the daughter.

In the Karstark scenario. Arnolf is Ricard Karstarks' uncle. So Ricard's heir is all his sons, and then his daughters, then Arnolf. Hence "daughters before uncles."

In the case of Casterly Rock it is a bit more muddled because Tyrion is the heir, and he has been disinherited and striped of his titled by the crown, and that means the crown can freely appoint a new heir, Ronnet Connington getting Griffin's Rooster, the Crown can pick anyone really and not follow the laws of succession.

There's an upside... For me to be right, someone (and I really don't care who) will prevent Shireen from burning alive. And hopefully toss Selyse into her beloved fire.

They can't kill Shireen, that would be madness. It's bad enough the other things they are doing.

They sucked everything positive from the story, it's like Game of Living Hell. The only two times I have seen a glimpse of love all season was Stannis and Shireen, and Arya crying because Needle was Jon Snow's smile (which they tried to make about revenge).

I have been saying for years that Shireen is going to burn in the books... so if D&D burn her... expect it to spoil the books

Julia and I have been going with Pod the Rod, but Podprick has a great ring to it. Going with "Sand Fakes" in the glossary update, whenever that is.

Need something for Mel. Melisexual?

Meltisschlonga?

That "Daughter before uncle" line is being misinterpreted by most of you.

You have to remember the context of that line is that both "daughter" and "uncle" are relationships that pertain to the Lord in question. In other words, his daughter would inherit before *his* uncle. Not the daughter's uncle. The Daughter's uncle, i.e. *his brother*, would inherit before before the daughter.

In the Karstark scenario. Arnolf is Ricard Karstarks' uncle. So Ricard's heir is all his sons, and then his daughters, then Arnolf. Hence "daughters before uncles."

That is what I believe and what is being debated :)

In the case of Casterly Rock it is a bit more muddled because Tyrion is the heir, and he has been disinherited and striped of his titled by the crown, and that means the crown can freely appoint a new heir, Ronnet Connington getting Griffin's Rooster, the Crown can pick anyone really and not follow the laws of succession.

This is a bit different... The crown can get involved anytime it wants based on the level of resistance it will receive lol.

yes but nothing wrong with posting it again... and if you notice the tweets from the board runners here, shows you why we are allows our very own thread to rant and rave without repercussions..... Because they get it just like us and are not happy.

An idea I had while writing my own review: Could the reason for LFs plan (to leave Sansa in WF rather than bringing her to Stannis) be that he doesn't want the Tyrells to know that he put Sansa in Stannis' hands? I mean, the Tyrells probably support the Boltons as long as they are fighting Stannis, so it makes the tiniest bit of sense for LF to support them too. I still think the plan is terrible, but that might be the idea behind it.

I think it's a mistake to read too much into it. They explained his reasoning on the Inside the Episode. He could just wait to see who won, and send her to the winner.

I think it's a mistake to read too much into it. They explained his reasoning on the Inside the Episode. He could just wait to see who won, and send her to the winner.

This does NOT pass the Olly nod of approval... :lmao:

I think you're right, but give me some credit for trying to make sense of this utter, utter nonsense. :(

I think you're right, but give me some credit for trying to make sense of this utter, utter nonsense. :(

Noted...

Nope gonna put you in a war zone with a known, by everyone but me, Psychopathic Sadist, expecting Stannis to win and give you the North...But wh.... Sorry the Bat Signal... You got this girlfriend....Gotta go to KL... KKTHXBUHBYE I'll Raven you when I get a chance...

That is what I believe and what is being debated :)

This is a bit different... The crown can get involved anytime it wants based on the level of resistance it will receive lol.

You're still wrong. Another example where a daughter came before the brother of the last lord is Cerelle Lannister, the Lady of Casterly Rock, whose uncle Gerold was suspected of killing her, so he could get the lordship for himself.

Cerelle became the Lady of Casterly Rock after her father's Tybolt's death. Tybolt had a younger brother, Gerold the Golden, but it was Cerelle, who inherited first.

Noted...

Nope gonna put you in a war zone with a known, by everyone but me, Psychopathic Sadist, expecting Stannis to win and give you the North...But wh.... Sorry the Bat Signal... You got this girlfriend....Gotta go to KL... KKTHXBUHBYE I'll Raven you when I get a chance...

And the worst is: LF knows Stannis has the bigger army and roots for them to win, but gives Sansa to the Boltons which might win them the support of other houses, which effectively reduces Stannis' chance at winning. :bang: Brandon Stark must have hit teen LF on the head a lot in that duel ...

How has Podrick never been renamed Podprick yet?

Because there is a huge debate over Pod the Rod vs. Podsdick vs. Pod the Impailer, Podprick just clouds the waters even more.

In hindsight it was probably a rather large warning sign of the direction of the show when D&D sat down to discuss how to add depth to pod whoo would be older on the show.

GRRM: Maybe we can explore some moments in his past, to add depth and soul to Pod. In the books he follows Brie even though he is a bit hopeless he does his best.

D&D: Hmmmmmmmm, we were thinking Giant penis.

Dan: Yeah a great big penis, like a super penis.

Dave: Dickzilla, everyone loves a big dick.

GRRM: Well that is probably true but I am not sure it adds depth.

D&D: Penis, penis, penis!

GRRM: I think we're done here.

Dan: Don't you want to hear our plans for Loras?

Dave: It involves a birthmark, it's shaped like Dorne.

GRRM: You are making Loras from Dorne?

D&D: No, but Dorne is about gay sex just like Loras, soooo it's important he have a birthmark like Dorne.

GRRM: What?

D&D: Gay men are all about sex, and dicks, like Pod.

GRRM: You're sending Pod to Dorne?

Dan: No Pod is going to be in the north with Brie following Sansa who is going to marry Ramsey.

Dave: Yeah Jaime is the one in Dorne with Bronn. Dude read a book.

GRRM: Wait why is Sansa in the North, are you planning on Jaime and Bronn having sex?

Dan: Jaime and Bronn having sex???

D&D: Genius! That's why you are the master George.

GRRM: Wait! What? No! What are you doing to my story.

D&D: We call it shock and awe.

Dave: Yeah everyone loves it.

Dan: Everyone.

D&D: Oh and you are so welcome, we are happy to make your story so much better.

Dan: Way better.

Dave: Totally.

Dan: Hey you want to fire Ian?

Dave: Yes! But can we do an interview first and insult, and then fire him for thinking Barristan is part of the story?

Dan: Yes! Stupid book reader Ian thought Barry had more to do.

Dave: What an idiot. We are so awesome.

Dan: Yes we are.

GRRM: Oh shit, write faster George, write faster.

You're still wrong. Another example where a daughter came before the brother of the last lord is Cerelle Lannister, the Lady of Casterly Rock, whose uncle Gerold was suspected of killing her, so he could get the lordship for himself.

Cerelle became the Lady of Casterly Rock after her father's Tybolt's death. Tybolt had a younger brother, Gerold the Golden, but Cerelle preceeded her uncle anyway.

My bad if that's in the Westerlands section. She is NOT bolded in the Lineage section. I thought she was passed over entirely.

Because there is a huge debate over Pod the Rod vs. Podsdick vs. Pod the Impailer, Podprick just clouds the waters even more.

In hindsight it was probably a rather large warning sign of the direction of the show when D&D sat down to discuss how to add depth to pod whoo would be older on the show.

GRRM: Maybe we can explore some moments in his past, to add depth and soul to Pod. In the books he follows Brie even though he is a bit hopeless he does his best.

D&D: Hmmmmmmmm, we were thinking Giant penis.

Dan: Yeah a great big penis, like a super penis.

Dave: Dickzilla, everyone loves a big dick.

GRRM: Well that is probably true but I am not sure it adds depth.

D&D: Penis, penis, penis!

GRRM: I think we're done here.

Dan: Don't you want to hear our plans for Loras?

Dave: It involves a birthmark, it's shaped like Dorne.

GRRM: You are making Loras from Dorne?

D&D: No, but Dorne is about gay sex just like Loras, soooo it's important he have a birthmark like Dorne.

GRRM: What?

D&D: Gay men are all about sex, and dicks, like Pod.

GRRM: You're sending Pod to Dorne?

Dan: No Pod is going to be in the north with Brie following Sansa who is going to marry Ramsey.

Dave: Yeah Jaime is the one in Dorne with Bronn. Dude read a book.

GRRM: Wait why is Sansa in the North, are you planning on Jaime and Bronn having sex?

Dan: Jaime and Bronn having sex???

D&D: Genius! That's why you are the master George.

GRRM: Wait! What? No! What are you doing to my story.

D&D: We call it shock and awe.

Dave: Yeah everyone loves it.

Dan: Everyone.

D&D: Oh and you are so welcome, we are happy to make your story so much better.

Dan: Way better.

Dave: Totally.

Dan: Hey you want to fire Ian?

Dave: Yes! But can we do an interview first and insult, and then fire him for thinking Barristan is part of the story?

Dan: Yes! Stupid book reader Ian thought Barry had more to do.

Dave: What an idiot. We are so awesome.

Dan: Yes we are.

GRRM: Oh shit, write faster George, write faster.

Brilliant!

Also I concede defeat to Pod the Impaler.

Archived