[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

The Disney adventure theme park, boat ride, and to the left is a dragon, to the right is Stonemen. The ride just keeps going even in a shielded area, cliffs on either side the wind is blowing. Meanwhile the rudder is doing absolutely nothing, but Jorah needs to do something certainly not any rowing, when he doesn't hold the rudder it wobbles all the way to the right and fall the way to the left proving how ineffective it is .

Where did the boat go, ending that fairground ride? Greyscale makes BBF's, Jorah got burnt, not Tyrion who was pulled strangled drowned. The city with Stonemen has local fishermen nearby

Heh, personal insults. Mature. I would also like to know exactly why you think torturing little girls because she's mad is so much better than executing one noble without trial or investigation to prove he was guilty of anything. Especially since she had hundreds of them tortured to death at random in both the books and show when she entered the city. Heck, she started her conquest spree by having every non-slave over the age of 11 butchered in Astapor just because it would be convenient (which would include children, and the "middle class", i.e. the ones with the plain tokars).

It's not exactly out of character.

Fuck, did she? I can't remember that. I remember her ordering the Unsullied to kill any slaver they see when she initated the sack, though not a Exodus Pharaoh-like massacre.

I have bitten my tongue long and hard this season.... but enough is enough.

Throwing people to dragons, then 'Ooops, hey lets get married!'

Yeah.... nope. No thanks.

And after years of having Stannis as less than wallpaper they at least are making an effort to rehabilitate him. Wait. What was that lie we used once that people seemed to like? Yeah King Stannis the grammar nazi? Lets just run that up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes it again!

Fuck, did she? I can't remember that. I remember her ordering the Unsullied to kill any slaver they see when she initated the sack, though not a Exodus Pharaoh-like massacre.

Her exact words were to kill the slavers and soldiers, plus anyone wearing a tokar, unless they were 11 or younger. Which, along with the fact that plain tokars are a thing*, directly implies she just butchered thousands of innocent people at random. This is pretty consistent with her; she'll forget all reason and morality when sufficiently pissed off, and feel like a dragon while doing it.

"Unsullied!" Dany galloped before them, her silver-gold braid flying behind her, her bell chiming with every stride. "Slay the Good Masters, slay the soldiers, slay every man who holds a whip, slay every man who wears a tokar, but harm no child under twelve, and strike the chains off every slave you see."

See also: telling Shavepate not to torture two little girls to force a false confession from their father, thinking about her dead followers, and then changing her mind and telling him to do it.

Aggo sat calmly notching arrows to his bowstring and sending them at tokars. Silver, gold, or plain, he cared nothing for the fringe

All wrapped themselves in tokars, a garment permitted only to freeborn men of Astapor. It was the fringe on the tokar that proclaimed a man's status, Dany had been told by Captain Groleo.

It seems like everyone is fucking around the Wall with some important plot points coming to mind now and again. In ASoS as soon as Stannis breaks Mance's host/takes prisoners, immediately to business. Elections under way, Stannis making plans/developing tactics already, negotiations over the Castles, the matter of the Others being the immediate concern. And once again those two idiots only have themselves to thank for the terrible pacing out of trying to replicate Blackwater's success (which I think is only so hailed because of the green explosion).

Yeah, in the show it feels very blank, in particular the lack of rising dread from the Others. I think this was the first time we've heard them mentioned this season. It's also becoming obvious they have no idea what to do with Gilly. She's just hanging around in the library...and I'm surprised no one, not even Aemon, has commented on her proximity to Sam. Shouldn't she be in the kitchens or cleaning the stables? I wonder how Tormound knows about Hardhome as well? I buy it in the book because he's been hiding out in the Haunted Forest and will have heard stories about Mother Mole and will know that many likely headed off in that direction. Come to think of it, how many prisoners did Stannis take? Did most of them escape him? We haven't even seen them, and they've barely been mentioned, outside of about a dozen standing there during Mance's pyre. What, did he not put all of them in chains like he said he would in The Children?

As for Hardhome...I don't mind the idea. I'd like to see the Others in action, but I just cannot shake the feeling that they're going to turn up and start doing some sort of martial arts stunts. Really, I can't help but feel that's a possibility.

Meereen:

So Ser Barry is dead, guess Dany doesn't need to follow his advice anymore. Let her just do what her lover has been telling her to do.

After consulting with her handmaiden, she decides to reopen the fighting but she'll also forcefully mary Hizdar just because?

Still give zero fucks about Grey Worm and Missandei wuv.

The Wall:

The context of "kill the boy" has been removed, and now little bro Egg? (Come on Cogman, you're better than this).

Who the fuck sent that letter? Why was that letter sent to the wall?

Ollie and Jon scene was really bad.

Winterfell:

So BriPod went around Moat Cailin without any problems? Did they sneak themselves past Moat Cailin the same way Roose did last season? If only the Andals knew how to sneak past Moat Cailin.

Ramsey and Myranda are gonna have sex by the window for all the residents of Winterfell to see. How come no one saw them?

Sansa trusts Myranda because... Kennel Master's daughter?

Valyrian Peninsula:

Why does it look like this place could be rebuilt back into the greatest civilisation known to Planetos if there were no stone men?

How did Jorah rescue Tyrion? I mean, dude was dragged down 50 ft deep or something.

Didn't Jorah and Tyrion get hungry on the way past Valyria?

Did anyone else think Ramnsay was going to "whip it out" when he told Theon to get on his knees

Man, I was wondering if that was going to be the scene they said they didn't want to film, but Sansa won't get off that easy it seems.

Stannis' "Fewer" line was priceless.

I don't care much for Dany in the books either, but aren't they doing the exact opposite of the books for her? It seemed to me that Dany is very fierce in the books and wants to do things her own way. Any compromises that she makes are very hard to get out of her. And here she just suggests a marriage? Why? It was especially wierd after she just tried to get Hizdahr killed and burned a random slaver for no reason. Mereen was just wierd and boring this episode :dunno:.

Barristan the Bold, the greatest living knight, dead. Just before we get to his POV material. And for what? For GW/Missandei drama that literally nobody cares about since forever. But hey, Tysha couldn't make it because of time and budget! Better get those immportant stories like GW/Missandei and Olly set-up!

Speaking of Olly. I hate this kid. Also Stannis taking Shireen and Selyse with him is dumb as fuck. Another thing which irked me was that Jon needed Stannis's ships. Eastwatch anyone?

Winterfell was just dumb. Again. How is it in any way, shape or form ''empowering'' for this character D&D love so much to go along with this shit? That's not being a player, that's being dumb. Especially since everyone else knows she needs help. Brienne knows it, LF knows it, the old servant knows it. But Sansa? Nope. She is so ''empowered'' and such a ''player'' she is supping with the Boltons! I literally felt sick during that scene, it just felt so perverse. This storyline continues to be an easy 0/10. Maybe 1/10, because the Boltons are actually played by amazing actors. So much potential, sadly wasted.

Valyria was silly aswell. After ''lets go around Moat Caillin'' we got ''let's go through Valyria''! It's particularly funny when Jorah says that the pirates are scared of this place. Why exactly? Two people in a small boat got through, what's there to be scared about. Also the people should know it's safe since it's apparently a custom to bring stonemen there! Fuck logic.

The sad part is that this episode was still one of the better ones this season.

Also I find it funny so many idiots are saying ''AFfC and ADwD are not fit for TV, they are just cutting out the bad parts!'' Really? They are cutting the best parts! No Riverlands, Theon's story is about Sansa, no Manderlys, no Arriane, etc... I mean, I guess they are also cutting the ''bad parts'', they seem to be cutting everything! With the exception of the wall it doesn't even resemble them anymore.

That's all I have. For now.

I don't care much for Dany in the books either, but aren't they doing the exact opposite of the books for her? It seemed to me that Dany is very fierce in the books and wants to do things her own way. Any compromises that she makes are very hard to get out of her. And here she just suggests a marriage? Why? It was especially wierd after she just tried to get Hizdahr killed and burned a random slaver for no reason. Mereen was just wierd and boring this episode :dunno:.

Barristan the Bold, the greatest living knight, dead. Just before we get to his POV material. And for what? For GW/Missandei drama that literally nobody cares about since forever. But hey, Tysha couldn't make it because of time and budget! Better get those immportant stories like GW/Missandei and Olly set-up!

Speaking of Olly. I hate this kid. Also Stannis taking Shireen and Selyse with him is dumb as fuck. Another thing which irked me was that Jon needed Stannis's ships. Eastwatch anyone?

Winterfell was just dumb. Again. How is it in any way, shape or form ''empowering'' for this character D&D love so much to go along with this shit? That's not being a player, that's being dumb. Especially since everyone else knows she needs help. Brienne knows it, LF knows it, the old servant knows it. But Sansa? Nope. She is so ''empowered'' and such a ''player'' she is supping with the Boltons! I literally felt sick during that scene, it just felt so perverse. This storyline continues to be an easy 0/10. Maybe 1/10, because the Boltons are actually played by amazing actors. So much potential, sadly wasted.

Valyria was silly aswell. After ''lets go around Moat Caillin'' we got ''let's go through Valyria''! It's particularly funny when Jorah says that the pirates are scared of this place. Why exactly? Two people in a small boat got through, what's there to be scared about. Also the people should know it's safe since it's apparently a custom to bring stonemen there! Fuck logic.

The sad part is that this episode was still one of the better ones this season.

Also I find it funny so many idiots are saying ''AFfC and ADwD are not fit for TV, they are just cutting out the bad parts!'' Really? They are cutting the best parts! No Riverlands, Theon's story is about Sansa, no Manderlys, no Arriane, etc... I mean, I guess they are also cutting the ''bad parts'', they seem to be cutting everything! With the exception of the wall it doesn't even resemble them anymore.

That's all I have. For now.

Agree with everything you said. Also silly that Jorah did not believe it fit to wear his steel plate armor and at least prepare for a Stonemen attack when its a know fact they reside there. Then again, they are treating Valyria like its the Sorrows, not a fiery hell with a black sky, and they are travelling on a small boat... and, well you see where this is going... a whole chain of stupidity. And Dinklage's accent... its getting very silly and laughable to me now.

Archived