[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

Also, I felt like Jorah Mormont getting greyscale was the nail in the coffin for the Griff/YG storyline. :( No Aegon confirmed, sadly.

I still feel like if they do Aegon it'll be by revealing Trystane to be him, either having inherited his mother's dornish traits or with him dying his hair black. So he doesn't really need Griff for his arc, and Jorah can fill Griff's role in Tyrion's arc.

Jorah Connington, Abolone deep diver, and lacking an immune system to boot. Greyscale replicating at warp speed. No symptoms of loss of feeling in extremities. He will have to hiss out Khaleesi by the time he reaches Dany, at this rate.

And Sansa. So empowered and clever now. "You don't know me but go walk into that dark filthy kennel all the way to the end for a great keepsake".

"Ok!!!"

That Sansa/Myranda scene was laughable. Myranda might as well have told her that there's a guy down there giving free lemon cakes out of the back of his wagon.

I still feel like if they do Aegon it'll be by revealing Trystane to be him, either having inherited his mother's dornish traits or with him dying his hair black. So he doesn't really need Griff for his arc, and Jorah can fill Griff's role in Tyrion's arc.

The big problem I see with this is that since they've already removed Arianne and Quentyn from the equation making Trystane not actually Doran's son would mean that he has no children. Who would his heir be in that case? All of Oberyn's children are bastards, so you'd think it couldn't be any of them. Not that D&D would care about something like this, but I think it would be a pretty dumb move.

Definitely a lot more friction than usual between the Boltons in this episode. At the point in the books where Ramsey learns of Walda's pregnancy, I almost felt like Roose intuited and approved of his bastard's intentions to kill all of his future half-siblings, like doing so would somehow help him prove himself to Roose. But in the show, I almost see Roose setting Ramsey up for an offing here. I certainly want someone to kill Ramsey this season. Roose seems more capable than most.

I thought turning father and son against each other was LF's plan for the Boltons when they first went north; and we seem to be getting it. With Sansa having seen it to you've gotta figure she's going to try and push Ramsay in the direction of offing Roose, while Roose tries to sacrifice Ramsay.

As silly as it is to be irritated by imagined geography and it's subsequent re-imagining by others, BUT:

the idea of sailing the smoking sea and along the coast of slaver's bay in that little pond-skipper fills me with geekish indignation.

A part of me does enjoy the way they scale back specifics from the books, playing with how all knowledge gets exaggerated as stories of it get passed across Terros. So in the books distances grow longer, injuries become more gruesome, and witches more hideous. It's a pretty consistent theme in many of the smaller changes that have been made.

I thought turning father and son against each other was LF's plan for the Boltons when they first went north; and we seem to be getting it. With Sansa having seen it to you've gotta figure she's going to try and push Ramsay in the direction of offing Roose, while Roose tries to sacrifice Ramsay.

Good point. On that topic, though, I'm still really lost on what exactly is going on with LF in all this. It's probably been discussed at length elsewhere, but. Does he really not know what Ramsay is like? He's so obsessed with Sansa himself, he's just going to throw away her virginity on some guy he knows nothing about? But if he DOES know what Ramsay is like, how could he possibly leave her there? She may have toughened up some, but as we see in tonight's episode, not that much. Just shaking my head all over the place at LF this season.

The big problem I see with this is that since they've already removed Arianne and Quentyn from the equation making Trystane not actually Doran's son would mean that he has no children. Who would his heir be in that case? All of Oberyn's children are bastards, so you'd think it couldn't be any of them. Not that D&D would care about something like this, but I think it would be a pretty dumb move.

They've already set up Doran legitimizing the Sandsnakes with the Bastards are not despised in Dorne line.

A part of me does enjoy the way they scale back specifics from the books, playing with how all knowledge gets exaggerated as stories of it get passed across Terros. So in the books distances grow longer, injuries become more gruesome, and witches more hideous. It's a pretty consistent theme in many of the smaller changes that have been made.

And it means I get to see the ruins or Valyria (or one imagining thereof) which me fills me with geekish rapture. You take the good with the bad...

Jorah mentions him and Tyrion going to a fishing village as they need another boat. Well, what if they find a father and son team named Griff and young Griff?

I'd imagine it would be like that scene in "Shaun of the Dead" when the two groups of survivors meet and they're just like "hey" and then they go their separate ways.

It would be a "nod" to book readers, like Edric Storm in a jar

Good point. On that topic, though, I'm still really lost on what exactly is going on with LF in all this. It's probably been discussed at length elsewhere, but. Does he really not know what Ramsay is like? He's so obsessed with Sansa himself, he's just going to throw away her virginity on some guy he knows nothing about? But if he DOES know what Ramsay is like, how could he possibly leave her there? She may have toughened up some, but as we see in tonight's episode, not that much. Just shaking my head all over the place at LF this season.

I actually started a thread about that after episode three because he couldn't not have at least heard about what Ramsay did to the Cerwyns and MC crew. So it shocked me when people took him at his word there. My guess was a combination of under-estimating how much crazier than Joffrey Ramsay is, and over-estimating how far Sansa has come and how quickly she could turn Ramsay against Roose the way Maergary was doing with Joffrey and Cersei. So that if Stannis didn't take care of the Boltons for him he was to confident that Sansa would...plus he didn't know Cersei was going to call him back to King's Landing right fucking away and I think many of us underestimate LF's ambition when Sansa enters the equation. I think he wants her and the power, but if he had to pick he'd pick the throne.

They've already set up Doran legitimizing the Sandsnakes with the Bastards are not despised in Dorne line.

I can't see Doran legitimizing any of the Sand Snakes unless they have a pretty abrupt character shift. They represent pretty much the exact opposite of what he thinks is important for a ruler.

I didn't pick up on this initally, but I think this is a great idea and hope the show expands on it..I also think it would be a great way for the Boltons to crumble and clear the path for Sansa to take over in WF.

Archived