[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

why does Roose need to ask Ramsay to help him against Stannis? Seems kind of weird. Wouldn't it be a given since you know, he's his son and everything he has in the world is only due to Roose.

Also, who the hell sent a letter about Dany at slavers Bay to the wall????

Dany's "you will marry me or I'll feed you to my dragons" was really uncomfortable to watch. I mean don't you need his consent?? Someone earlier pointed out how unusual it was that Dany decides to burn possibly innocent people alive for the sake of Barristan who quite openly opposed her killing the masters without trials.

So, Valyria is just a foggy river. :bs:

Olly, oh Olly. I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said here.

Seriously, what was Sansa doing going into the kennels. Ramsey is so inconsistently written; really could have done without all those bad fanfic WF scenes. Also, Brienne in general, just ugh.

Dany has never made sense in the show. At least her scenes are written consistently inconsistent.

Oldtown reference means we're going to Oldtown (next season).

I'm bored guys, very bored.

I was going to say, what a boring, fucked up episode, until the fucked up preview confirming what we've suspected ever since we found out about the sexist bullshit Winterfell plot.

Yeah. I want an avalanche of criticism (or a literal avalanche, I don't care) to fall on Dumb&Dumber next week after the shit they've pulled.

Why did they have to change the marriage plot in Meereen? The attack that kills Ser Grandfather (RIP) happens, have Hizdahr promise the peace, have Draznak's happen right after the wedding. Nope, we get Dany telling Hizdahr, "So sorry I set your cousin Harzoo on fire, my bad. Also, letting my dragons eat might have tad much. So, I'll embrace your customs, open the pits and, well, fuck it, I'll marry you because that will bridge a divide that the writers of this show have not invested a single line of dialog telling the audience will amount to fuck all in quelling the violence." What a way to start a marriage. We went on in the ep4 thread about the abusive relationship that is about to unfold in Winterfell, this is just a bad. Talk about total lack of agency.

I was going to say, what a boring, fucked up episode, until the fucked up preview confirming what we've suspected ever since we found out about the sexist bullshit Winterfell plot.

I think I'm gonna have to put down a fifth of bourbon before I watch next week's episode.

Yeah. I want an avalanche of criticism (or a literal avalanche, I don't care) to fall on Dumb&Dumber next week after the shit they've pulled.

yeah, I am curious what Sophie turner has to say about that episode after it airs? Also, depending on how graphic it is, what were her parent's reactions?

Can we just call him Chekov?

Fine by me. Whatever he's called, we will not be allowed to forget him by the show until the tears run down his face as he's plunging the knife into a certain someone's heart.

And yeah, who sent the letter to Aemon? -sighs-

I reckon Sam and Gilly may be going on an Oldtown trip next season, which I thought had got cut out entirely. Makes me wonder what other stuff we thought was gone forever will rise, harder and stronger than before... just out of chronological order.

Makes me wonder what other stuff we thought was gone forever will rise, harder and stronger than before... just out of chronological order.

Be careful what you wish for, just take a look at Dorne for a moment before you go wishing D&D would tackle something like the Iron Islands.

Be careful what you wish for, just take a look at Dorne for a moment before you go wishing D&D would tackle something like the Iron Islands.

At this point anything they tackle will inevitably be butchered, so it's hard to be excited. But yeah, Dorne is atrocious.

WTF is with the Westeros Daily news letter, that reads like a fucking news letter? A news update on Dany at the Wall with Jon, Aemon, Mel, and Stannis, and Aemon is the only one that gives it a second thought? No mention of Prophecy and dragons either from anyone. Did you listen to Sam read that? WTF? Westeros Times? The internet? Who the hell sent that to them?

Arr.

Even my mum has noticed the dip in quality. She said the following: "It doesnt feel like a story anymore. Like the story has been put on hold and now they are just showing personal turmoils and demons. The progression is lost and theres something missing and I dont know what it is." (because shes not a book reader)

So yeah, even show-only fans are noticing and i hope they speak up.

And the way they will justify it is going to be nauseating. They sure do hate women.

Why did they have to change the marriage plot in Meereen? The attack that kills Ser Grandfather (RIP) happens, have Hizdahr promise the peace, have Draznak's happen right after the wedding.

Exactly, this is a signal they don't care about the original story, every single chance they get to change it they take it. Is this even the same Dany who invited the Green Grace for tea, even though she didn't dare trust her?

why does Roose need to ask Ramsay to help him against Stannis? Seems kind of weird. Wouldn't it be a given since you know, he's his son and everything he has in the world is only due to Roose.

Also, who the hell sent a letter about Dany at slavers Bay to the wall????

Dany's "you will marry me or I'll feed you to my dragons" was really uncomfortable to watch. I mean don't you need his consent?? Someone earlier pointed out how unusual it was that Dany decides to burn possibly innocent people alive for the sake of Barristan who quite openly opposed her killing the masters without trials.

Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, but Roose saw Ramsay's reaction to Fat Walda's news. Should he have just let him stew on that knowing how Ramsay solves problems? Especially since all it seems he needed to do to turn Ramsay's focus back to their cause was a good talking to? Ramsay certainly does owe Roose for what he has, but he has it now. He's a Bolton and he's marrying Sansa Stark, even if Roose died right now. So Ramsay doesn't need Roose the same way he used to when he was Ramsay Snow; and with Walda pregnant he now has an incentive to start scheming.

Archived