Show season 6 possibly into book 7

Mosop

Anyone else think with some story lines missed out this season that wont conclude untill book 6,that season 6 of the show will be into book 7 by then end

Some chars seem to be treading water to let other chars catch up,and others racing ahead

I have a feeling not all chars will even be upto the point they are in book 5 by the end of season 5

And season 6 will cover parts of book 5 6 and 7

Yeh I think 8 seasons although the amount they are changing in the show I could see them doing 7 seasons.

I think GRRM has given up on the idea of finishing the books before the show. Although I still expect Winds of Winter to release March 2016 so the show doesn't spoill the cliffhangers from Dance.

I think we just need to accept the fact that the show and the books are now two entirely separate entities. The first four seasons were relatively faithful to the novels, but season five has just taken a huge turn into it's own creation for better or worse. The final endings might end up being similar but the roads taken to get there are going to be entirely different from hereon out.

I don't see how the show ending with seven seasons is so implausible.

Will all the plot points that have been setup since the beginning of the series be given justice? Probably not. But if they're saying 7 seasons, then they probably have an outline of the next two seasons already worked out.

It's clear this season they are lining up with Winds of Winter and I suspect some stuff overlaps so yes I do feel there will be some limited stuff from book seven next season. However unlike Winds none of it is written yet so it will only be broad outlines I suspect.

Yes there likely will be overlaps, but I doubt we'll see more than 7 seasons. I'm sure HBO want to continue, no doubts there, but D & D still seem to be sticking to their guns. I'd personally rather it ended while we were still wanting more than outstaying its welcome. My hope is that perhaps HBO will look into developing another ASOIAF series, though that's still very much pie in the sky stuff....

Its impossible to finish even in 8 seasons.

Just take a storyline and ask yourself can it really be finished without just killing the character in 2-3 seasons.

Maybe they'll finish the whole thing with a movie(s).Couple of actors talked about it recently.So 7 or 8 seasons+movie(s).

Archived