TTTNE 454 - The Incredible Sulk

Tellus Explorer

Old Flower is old :P

I found out that today (or technically yesterday) was the 10 year anniversary of the Leroy Jenkins meme.

hey less of calling the flower old.

the flower needs to be perpetually not yet a full grown up. this way I can sit forever in the getting on a bit but not quiet OLD catagory.

but if Bucky is Old then then that makes me Old enough to be a grandma. and I'm so not that old (ok I live in Essex so technically I am that old and could infact be a great grandma)

I'm going to cry now.

Old Flower is old :P

I found out that today (or technically yesterday) was the 10 year anniversary of the Leroy Jenkins meme.

the flower needs to be perpetually not yet a full grown up. this way I can sit forever in the getting on a bit but not quiet OLD catagory.

but if Bucky is Old then then that makes me Old enough to be a grandma. and I'm so not that old (ok I live in Essex so technically I am that old and could infact be a great grandma)

I'm going to cry now.

I'm going to cry now.

Stop being dumb you big dummy!

In 100 years if almost all the family line gave birth at 16 you could be a Great, Great, Great, Great, Grandparent and still have 4 years left over.

If anyone can tell you're angry you have far too much emotion on show and should be banished to France. You must inwardly seethe and give passive aggressive comments.

I have resting bitchface so I look angry in general. But yeah, emotions are not for Brits! :p Someone I know did Stoptober last year and I asked if they managed it and they said yes. Me:

"Aye? Ah, nice."

Broadcasting live from KJR nature News!!!!!

Last weekend a mink ran behind me along the shoreline. I saw 2 grey foxes about 20 feet in the woods from the road. There has been a swan swimming around down by the swamp. When I went kayaking I saw a wood duck and some mallards. I haven't seen the pair of ospreys for a few weeks, but they had stuck around for about a month. I saw a raccoon and a woodchuck running by the same section of road on different days, and many a dear crossing the road late at night.

The cherry tree blossomed over the weekend, but is threatening to lose it's blossoms due to high wind off the lake. The chickens enjoyed some free range roaming over the weekend, much to the grief of my sister who had just been cleaning up the gardens around the coop :P Watson has been hunting and trying to use the bird feeders as cat feeders. Luckily we caught on pretty quickly and moved the feeders to higher locations.

In other news, I saw a fantastic pair of musicians last sunday with my family. Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas play scottish and other lovely folky tunes. Here is a recording of another of their shows. I'm sure if you just click anywhere on the video and listen to one of their songs, you wont be disappointed.

Well, I'm very pleased to see everyone is well and looking very green ;p I hope to pop in more often after this week of finals.

Keep being wonderful people :)

KJR out!

Just wanted to say Marlene Dietrich was so hot and I have a crush on that woman!!!

:love:

R-man best of luck on finals, I believe in you :commie:

Hey spam mom and Ash! :)

Nighters everyone!! :grouphug:

ETA

Also adding

Greta Garbo & Elizabeth Taylor *swoon* :drunk: :wub: :lol:

OK OK, really going to bed now xp

Broadcasting live from KJR nature News!!!!!

Last weekend a mink ran behind me along the shoreline. I saw 2 grey foxes about 20 feet in the woods from the road. There has been a swan swimming around down by the swamp. When I went kayaking I saw a wood duck and some mallards. I haven't seen the pair of ospreys for a few weeks, but they had stuck around for about a month. I saw a raccoon and a woodchuck running by the same section of road on different days, and many a dear crossing the road late at night.

The cherry tree blossomed over the weekend, but is threatening to lose it's blossoms due to high wind off the lake. The chickens enjoyed some free range roaming over the weekend, much to the grief of my sister who had just been cleaning up the gardens around the coop :P Watson has been hunting and trying to use the bird feeders as cat feeders. Luckily we caught on pretty quickly and moved the feeders to higher locations.

In other news, I saw a fantastic pair of musicians last sunday with my family. Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas play scottish and other lovely folky tunes.

is a recording of another of their shows. I'm sure if you just click anywhere on the video and listen to one of their songs, you wont be disappointed.

Well, I'm very pleased to see everyone is well and looking very green ;p I hope to pop in more often after this week of finals.

Keep being wonderful people :)

KJR out!

Oh my word... Thank you so much for the gift, I have just spent 20 minutes basking in the amazingness of that group you posted. I friankly cannot express the feelings it brings out in me to hear music like that. A forceful reminder of the beauty music can hold for you, and especially fantastic string players.

I also enjoyed the nature news update, glad I'm not the only one who watches for things like that ;D

A spider has moved into the window of my kitchen and it delights me every day to see him there thriving(with 4 dogs I often leave the door open and he helps with the bugs)

Once again thank you for the gift, I now have a new outlet for my stress. Can't help saying I enjoyed the nod to Appalachian folk as well, good to know American music isn't looked down on as much as its people, in general

Good Morning :grouphug: ,

have a cup of coffee with me :). Thanks for the updates KJR.

Just wanted to say Marlene Dietrich was so hot and I have a crush on that woman!!!
:love:

(...)

ETA
Also adding
Greta Garbo & Elizabeth Taylor *swoon* :drunk: :wub: :lol:

:agree: (I want to add Marilyn :bowdown: .)

My favorite Marlene clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbaRRDgTIkc :love:

You´re learning german, right? Here is an interview, where Marlene explains, how this scene came into life: http://www.marlenedietrich-filme.de/html/body_bengel-ber.html "

Quote: "Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß, ich meine wirklich, lächerlich." (I am from toe to head ridiculous. Really, I mean it.) And then she goes on to explain, how ridiculous people are, for imitating her. Berlin-snouted diva. Her english interviews are much more tame. :lol:

Good morning Gillio!!

I like that you have a Terry Pratchett quote in your sig line.

Thank you, Yes, I've had a couple of positive comments about it :) I thought it was appropriate, now he has gone!

Congrats Cora :grouphug:

I need to make a possitive post. I feel I have been too negative lately. Kids in the advanced math classes (7th grade, same as Alex) are doing rubicks cube art. It is very cool. Can't link from my phone but will tonight. Google it if you get a chance. They have 100 cubes to use and they will have to make the actual picture as well. I think I. Am going to add this to Alex's summer program, but we won't have the cubes to make the acual picture (unless I buy them, then donate them to thee libraary or something.

Posting from the phone is hard, so sorry if any typos

:kiss: my lovelies

I googled, it looks great! there is a lending library

Good summary :) I like to describe it as the books growing up alongside the characters. The first few are deliberately light and whimsical (though, as BlackPebble says, not written so well) but they steadily get darker and better written. I've not re-read them in a while now, too much other stuff to read. I grew up with them, so my opinion is quite heavily influenced by that.

Exam went really great today. For those of you who do t know me so well, me saying that is completely unknown. I'm usually ludicrously stressed after an exam. But this one was wonderful.

And, now on to revision for Thursday. Sleep? Who needs sleep, I laugh in the face of sleep, hahaha!

(For bonus points, anyone catch the film nod there? No?)

Congrats Cora btw. Great thread title. If I'd won I was planning "May contain bad puns" just for Gillio :)

There is no such thing as a bad pun!

I'm going to cry now.

Spamily!

So good to see some of you again.

Thanks for the nature update KJR. I try to picture your place - it sounds awesome. I've been working next to a wetlands which is like JFK for waterfowl. Sometimes the racket is deafening - especially when a big flock of Canadian geese is taking off. They remind me of the free folk - each one of them wants to talk all at once.

There's a screen of pine and other trees (black locust, sugar maple, red oak, black birch) between me and this "meadows" so i can't see them. But you hear them and the many species of ducks as well.

Vultures you see but don't hear. They flew over me yesterday till I looked up at them and said, "C'mon, do I look like roadkill to you?" Must have been a slow day.

I confess I didn't click the link. I used to listen to a fair bit of folk back in the day: Red Clay Ramblers and locally, the Pine Island String band. Just haven't had the hankering of late.

Leonardo it did make me smile to read how happy that music made you. And your 4 dogs. Who is in your pack? You should introduce them to us. :)

We have cats (I spoilered this for several rather graphic instances of cats being predators) -

so very few bugs in the house. When our little black fuzzy girl, Friskey was a kitten I brought her bugs for entertainment (her being an indoor only cat). She loved grasshoppers (crunch, crunch) and moths. So when a flying insect enters the house she tracks it down and it ceases to be. So very few spider as well (they try to move in but they starve).

For the record, our other cat is Shadows - a 17 lb. tom who's interests include 4 legged prey and marking his territory. On the four legged prey, this story illustrates his hunting ability somewhat. A couple summers ago Mrs. C and I were having supper on the patio - a nice piece of red beast. The smell enticed Shadows and he put his paws up on my lap and stared longingly at my plate. I put his paws off and looked him right in the eye (the only polite and effective way to communicate with your cat) and said , "No, you are not getting any people food." He understands "no" quite well, and besides our cats get very good canned cat food. He was pretty insistent, but I was firm with him and finally he admitted defeat and walked away . . . to return two minutes later with a fresh caught mouse in his mouth. He tossed in the air a couple of times and let it escape and recaught it to show me how fresh and delicious it was- "ha-ha! See what I've got!" He was saying. But after several minutes in which a trade of my beast for his mouse was not forth coming, he ate his mouse and vanished.

Cora I love to read about the things/people that you are interested in. Where did you see Marlena Dietrich? Her fame was so long ago that it was before my time (the crustaceous period :P ). Likewise Greta Garbo. Liz Taylor was more "my time", National Velvet having come out when I was very little. But it didn't take long before she became a joke, "here's Liz and husband #3. Here's Liz and husband #4. . . ." and so on. She bounced back briefly with Michael Jackson and the anti AIDS campaign, but then Michael Jackson quickly became a parody of himself and that ended too.

For female hotness from my youth:

Annette Funicello

Sophia Loren

Brigitte Bardot

and of course,

Rachel Welch

On the male side? Sheesh, so many - I won't do picture links for those. Richard Burton, Sean Connery, JFK, Tony Curtis :P, Burt Lancaster, Rock Hudson (must have disappointed a lot of heart broken women to find out he was gay), Cary Grant, and later Burt Reynolds. Too many to name really.

Neumond, I love the quote, but what did she mean that she was "ridiculous?"

Goodmorning SOM and TKIB!

Archived