NBA Playoffs 2015: No headband edition

Ramsay B.

Forgive me if this has come up on the broadcasts (I've tended to watch these games without the sound), but has there been talk about the possibility of, assuming GS and Cleveland hold serve, two first-time head coaches meeting in the NBA finals?

When has that last happened? It seems like it easily could have in the early history of the sport on account of just that, but has it ever happened in the modern NBA?

ETA: I'm guessing the broadcasts wouldn't have wanted to discuss this as it's too early to talk of such things.

Forgive me if this has come up on the broadcasts (I've tended to watch these games without the sound), but has there been talk about the possibility of, assuming GS and Cleveland hold serve, two first-time head coaches meeting in the NBA finals?

When has that last happened? It seems like it easily could have in the early history of the sport on account of just that, but has it ever happened in the modern NBA?

ETA: I'm guessing the broadcasts wouldn't have wanted to discuss this as it's too early to talk of such things.

Good catch, and I think you're right, I don't believe I've heard anyone bring this angle up. I would have to imagine that this hasn't happened since the early days of the league, if it's ever happened at all.

I'll just make my predictions for the Finals, cause both these series look lifeless as hell

Warriors in 5

Rockets-Warriors has been fantastic, it just so happened that GS came out on top in both games.

I think the Cavs could give the Warriors some trouble IF Kyrie gets healthy fast, but it doesn't look like that's happening

I'll just make my predictions for the Finals, cause both these series look lifeless as hell

Warriors in 5

Its going to be a good series. Cavs have some nice perimeter defenders though, have been playing outstanding defense and have owned the boards collectively in the playoffs. I think the cavs will do very well against the warriors

Damn. FiveThirtyEight uses data to suggest that this Warriors team is the 4th best of all time.

It's also crazy to think about how much of this group is young and could stay together for years even if maybe one piece like Green or Barnes leaves.

Now Korver's out for the playoffs. Stick a fork in Atlanta. Along with Carroll, they've lost the two guys they couldn't afford to lose against Cleveland. It's a shame they're almost certainly not going to test Lebron to the level Indiana did the prior two years.

Damn. FiveThirtyEight uses data to suggest that this Warriors team is the 4th best of all time.

It's also crazy to think about how much of this group is young and could stay together for years even if maybe one piece like Green or Barnes leaves.

Yeah, they've been historically dominant. Not just the 67 wins in a brutal conference but averaging a +10 point differential for the season which you gotta go back to the '96 Bulls for that. And though they've looked vulnerable at times in the playoffs they're still +7 against some of the best teams in the league. It's just that extra gear they can unleash at any time. Their biggest thing now is to guard against sloppiness or the sense they can coast and still beat Houston.

So it's pretty clear that it will be Cleveland and Golden State. Agree with Jaime that Atlanta is dead with Carroll and Korver out.

And I find myself also thinking that Cleveland is dead. Kyrie isn't right and Love can't play. JR can only be so fly from time-to-time. Golden State doesn't really have any weaknesses. Hell, Klay Thompson, one of the nastier shooters I've ever seen, has been off so far, and yet they're up 3-0.

I will be stunned if this Warriors team doesn't win it all.

Steph Curry saw Harden's 38 points on 21 shots in game 2 and raised him with 40 points on 19 shots. That's nuts. Every time Curry launched was worth more than 2 points last night.

At that point your best defensive strategy is just to repent.

Archived