NBA Playoffs 2015: No headband edition

Ramsay B.

So it's pretty clear that it will be Cleveland and Golden State. Agree with Jaime that Atlanta is dead with Carroll and Korver out.

And I find myself also thinking that Cleveland is dead. Kyrie isn't right and Love can't play. JR can only be so fly from time-to-time. Golden State doesn't really have any weaknesses. Hell, Klay Thompson, one of the nastier shooters I've ever seen, has been off so far, and yet they're up 3-0.

I will be stunned if this Warriors team doesn't win it all.

The finals start on June 4th - that's a lot of rest.

Irving has tendonitis, his knee isn't being amputatated.

Actually smith has been rather comsistent all post season by the way.

And the cavs have played "meh" and have blown the doors off the Hawks.

This playoffs has shown me the west and this conversation of how dominating the west is pretty overrated.

Golden state is excellent. Cavs have the perimeter defenders to take it to the street with them.

I am reading a lot of things on how "dominating the west is" and the east being discussed as the JV - kinda reminds me of the BCS with the light weights from the big ten who snuck in and we're going to get their brakes beaten off by the sec and the Ducks just had too much fire power.

Guess that's why we play these games huh?

Shame really. Few months back, most people were saying this would be one of the best western conference playoffs ever. But, other than the Clippers' two series, because of injuries, bad matchups, and the Dubs' utter dominance, its really been a dud. There's something to be said for just watching Golden State do their thing, but I really would like to see some more exciting games. But I agree that its unlikely Cleveland has it in them to give them that, not with their injuries.

I expected the warriors to win due to Harden's shooting coming back to Earth, but I didn't expect such a demolition. Absolutely terrible performance by the Rockets and Curry's shooting continues to be video-game like.

BTW, 18 of Curry's 3pts attempts in the series have been uncontested. This is 6 per game, just atrocious defending by the Rockets.

Actually smith has been rather comsistent all post season by the way.

And the cavs have played "meh" and have blown the doors off the Hawks.

This playoffs has shown me the west and this conversation of how dominating the west is pretty overrated.

Golden state is excellent. Cavs have the perimeter defenders to take it to the street with them.

I am reading a lot of things on how "dominating the west is" and the east being discussed as the JV - kinda reminds me of the BCS with the light weights from the big ten who snuck in and we're going to get their brakes beaten off by the sec and the Ducks just had too much fire power.

Guess that's why we play these games huh?

I hope that you're right just for the sake of having a competitive final, but I don't think the Cavs are in the same stratosphere as the Warriors. I think they are outclassed in every measurable category, frankly.

I hope that you're right just for the sake of having a competitive final, but I don't think the Cavs are in the same stratosphere as the Warriors. I think they are outclassed in every measurable category, frankly.

Finally, this guy gets some faith in his team

Every category? Come on man? That's crazy talk.

We aren't talkng the Bulls circa 90's here.

We are talking a very young team with a great player and some good cast mates

Sound familar?

Every category? Come on man? That's crazy talk.

We aren't talkng the Bulls circa 90's here.

We are talking a very young team with a great player and some good cast mates

Sound familar?

No, this Warriors team is historically great, dominating both the regular season and playoffs is a lot more rare than you think.

They defeated their regular season opponents by an average margin of 10+, only 6 other teams have done that

LeBron James and good team defense will make it a competitive series. Curry won't be shooting 6 uncontested threes a game vs Cleveland. The combination of Mozgov and Tristan Thompson will be enough to neutralize Bogut. On paper, Cleveland doesn't lose every matchup:

James vs Barnes - Cleveland

Thompson vs Green - Slight advantage to Golden State

Mozgov vs Bogut - Wash

Thompson vs Smith - Slight advantage to Golden State

Curry vs Irving - advantage Golden State unless Irving can return to form. Then it's a wash.

That series is going to come down to who can defend better, because Cleveland has the pieces to defend Golden State on every possession and at least challenge their three pointers, and Golden State is also great defensively. The big advantage seems to be Golden State having a much better head coach than what Blatt has proven to be, and I think that's probably gonna make the difference. But there's no reason to think that Cleveland can't make it interesting.

Assuming this series happens, I'd say Golden State in 7.

LeBron James and good team defense will make it a competitive series. Curry won't be shooting 6 uncontested threes a game vs Cleveland. The combination of Mozgov and Tristan Thompson will be enough to neutralize Bogut. On paper, Cleveland doesn't lose every matchup:

Mozgov vs Bogut - Wash

Curry vs Irving - advantage Golden State unless Irving can return to form. Then it's a wash.

That series is going to come down to who can defend better, because Cleveland has the pieces to defend Golden State on every possession and at least challenge their three pointers, and Golden State is also great defensively. The big advantage seems to be Golden State having a much better head coach than what Blatt has proven to be, and I think that's probably gonna make the difference. But there's no reason to think that Cleveland can't make it interesting.

Assuming this series happens, I'd say Golden State in 7.

How has kerr proven anything? Not being a smart ass but really. He's won a handful more games in the league than blatt has.

I have been critical of blatt, has a tendancy to get all the blame yet none of the credit but Kerr as a head coach?

But I am not going to confuse him with any of the all time greats. Not yet

No, this Warriors team is historically great, dominating both the regular season and playoffs is a lot more rare than you think.

They defeated their regular season opponents by an average margin of 10+, only 6 other teams have done that

They played well, very finesse, a great player.

But going by regular season the Hawks won 60 - they should be rolling the cavs? Regular season is regular season - you don't get awards for having special regular seasons (you do but they mean jack in the big picture).

I have seen teams have very strong records and regular season stats.

So spare me the this team is special.

They are young. They have a rookie coach. They are playing damn good.

They don't play with a physicality, they Are finesse based team.

I think if the cavs play them they have some perimeter defenders to challenge them and I think they are much more physical and active on the inside.

Mozgov vs Bogut - Wash

What? Kerr is a rookie, he's done great this season, but Blatt is a legend in European basketball for a reason and has done great once the team settled in and Lebron came back in shape.

Golden State's roster is much better with Love out and Kyrie hobbled, it's not even close, that's what makes them favourites, not the coach. This year Bron and Curry are about even in overall impact. Thompson is way better than J.R. Smith or Shumpert. Bogut is better than Mozgov. Green is a lot better than Thompson. GS has a great bench, Cleveland with Love out doesn't.

Damn, how I miss the 90's NBA.

truth. this warriors team would get demolished by a proper 90's team. Fuck, put ME out there and I'll clobber Curry the next time he pulls that fancy dribble bullshit.

Is Kyrie's non-amputated knee going to be enough to handle Steph? I think not.

Don't get me wrong; Cleveland has James, so it would be silly to dismiss them. My basic point is that there's now enough evidence on this Golden State team to say that they're really good. The ran away from a preposterously deep western conference and have dispatched very good teams in the playoffs. Whatever uncertainty about their newness is now gone. And Klay hasn't even been hitting and they're winning.

Is Kyrie's non-amputated knee going to be enough to handle Steph? I think not.

Don't get me wrong; Cleveland has James, so it would be silly to dismiss them. My basic point is that there's now enough evidence on this Golden State team to say that they're really good. The ran away from a preposterously deep western conference and have dispatched very good teams in the playoffs. Whatever uncertainty about their newness is now gone. And Klay hasn't even been hitting and they're winning.

This did NOT happen as you say it happened. they played a total of ONE very good team thus far these playoffs.

This did NOT happen as you say it happened. they played a total of ONE very good team thus far these playoffs.

Do you mean Memphis rather than Houston?

Do you mean Memphis rather than Houston?

Yes. The East was so bad this year, it skewed the entire landscape. Houston did not have a great team, and it's not surprising they are getting clobbered, IMHO.

Yes. The East was so bad this year, it skewed the entire landscape. Houston did not have a great team, and it's not surprising they are getting clobbered, IMHO.

OK, if I follow your argument, you're saying that I jumped the gun in the particulars of how Golden State won the West. I'm sympathetic to that in that they didn't play the Spurs or the Clips. But still, here they are, up 3-0 in a historically good West. My overall point is that I think GS has shown enough to think that they can be expected to hammer any Eastern pretender unless they're really special. Maybe LeBron is, but we'll see.

Archived