Dornish Disappointment

What was painful to watch was the guards closing in on Ellaria....she had the sheer look of surprise and panic.....WHY?

Coz their arrival was earlier than expected. She expected the sand snakes to arrive first followed by guards.

I too expected a grin followed by a realization that things flopped.

Coz their arrival was earlier than expected. She expected the sand snakes to arrive first followed by guards.

I too expected a grin followed by a realization that things flopped.

Or, if you see the guards coming (which she must've realized was the result of her plan not working) you could react with a little more poise than the same reaction as Oberyn getting his head split open

Or, if you see the guards coming (which she must've realized was the result of her plan not working) you could react with a little more poise than the same reaction as Oberyn getting his head split open

Actually the guards will come even if her plan suceeds. Coz she started it.

Hah. Dorne itself is a joke. I hardly care about her expressions.

Well she's no Bruce Lee but other than that one gif her portion looked decent. I mean did you see the other two? Admittedly, it's hard not to move slowly and later have to speed up fights using a staff. If you go full speed the camera catches very little of the movement due to the low frame rate. I know, I've tried.

Actually the guards will come even if her plan suceeds. Coz she started it.

Hah. Dorne itself is a joke. I hardly care about her expressions.

it becomes a head-exploding paradox since Obara has to remind those guards who she is every time she's in a scene...

He had personality in the show? Huh? Both he and Doran seem...flat. And very side-lined in the show

He's got more personality than in the books anyway. Which isn't really hard to do, admittedly.

People hate Obara the most but I think it's actually Tyene who is the worst. Durin her whole fight the way she was awkwardly jumping with her daggers was hilarious, not only in the gif. And the way she attacked Bronn in the end for calling her "a little girl" was just facepalm-worthy.

I know right? Probably Obara gets more hate because she vocalized her non-personality while the others were blessfully quiet. But it is so sad to see Tyene, this little girl hesitantly walking around holding in a unrealistic way two unrealistic daggers. Also, did anyone notice that Tyene's daggers changed from her first appearance to her second? First they were very thin blades, and now they are like props for the Xena series, all curvy and all.

What was painful to watch was the guards closing in on Ellaria....she had the sheer look of surprise and panic.....WHY?

That actually felt natural unlike the rest of the scene. Guards closing on her means that they were discovered and that her daughter is likely dead and she might be soon after her.

That actually felt natural unlike the rest of the scene. Guards closing on her means that they were discovered and that her daughter is likely dead and she might be soon after her.

I was actually really pissed by her just sending off the three girls to god knows what end and hiding out. Some mother, letting thee young girls take the blame while you're hiding out in a freaking cistern.

Ellaria Sand: there just isn't enough hate for your season 5 self.

Season 4 Ellaria was actually as close to real Ellaria as they've gotten, what with Oberyn talking up how randy the thought of those two banging Cersei made her. You can just see her getting all worked up and Oberyn thinking to himself "Not with a ten foot pole tipped in razor wire, my dear"

Season 4 Ellaria was actually as close to real Ellaria

Real Ellaria? You mean, the real Ellaria who lives in real Westeros? :rolleyes:

I agree that the Dorne arc is not really exciting as for now, but let's wait until the end of the season to judge. Doran's speech will be interesting : remember that it's what is exciting in the books. I'm really excited to know what his plan is in the series! Will he arrange a wedding between Trystane and Myrcella and then crown them? That would be a real game changer for the whole series. And that would be the show Aegon (a new claimant to the throne with a big army), with no need to add new characters.

there is almost no realism whatsoever in the sandsnakes in the novels , so why are you so shocked in the show ? people still don ' t realize girls aren ' t very good at fighting , seriously ? and now you ' re making fun of it online ? damn this world is low .

girls can be useful in battles , fighting from the second rank of a shield wall using a spear , for example , her thrust could take an eye out of the Mountain himself . but putting ninja weapons in their hands and telling them to go after an alpha-male warrior like Bronn in close combat is purely retarded , it never works . this is why it doesn ' t work on camera either . it isn ' t rocket science .

i blame Martin though , not the show . he sewed these seeds instead of integrating women into a more feasible combat system . the producers were merely following through on a fantasy which looked good in the novels only through the minds of Martin and a select following of adolescent boys .

there is almost no realism whatsoever in the sandsnakes in the novels , so why are you so shocked in the show ? people still don ' t realize girls aren ' t very good at fighting , seriously ? and now you ' re making fun of it online ? damn this world is low .

girls can be useful in battles , fighting from the second rank of a shield wall using a spear , for example , her thrust could take an eye out of the Mountain himself . but putting ninja weapons in their hands and telling them to go after an alpha-male warrior like Bronn in close combat is purely retarded , it never works . this is why it doesn ' t work on camera either . it isn ' t rocket science .

i blame Martin though , not the show . he sewed these seeds instead of integrating women into a more feasible combat system . the producers were merely following through on a fantasy which looked good in the novels only through the minds of Martin and a select following of adolescent boys .

IICR, Martin hasn't portrayed the SS as "warriors". Only Obara. Just because they are skilled in certain weapons doesn't mean they are warriors. I know karate, does that mean I'm a ninja? :dunno:

Look at the missions they have been given. It's their smarts what it's needed, not their physical strength: Tyene is meant to infiltrate the Faith and Nym is filling up the space Doran should, and probably, would serve as his spy (despite he claims to have more). Obara isn't sent alone to fight Darkstar, she's going with Hotah. That's clever because Darkstar is meant to be dangerous. Two people are better than just one.

The ones playing with tropes are the show producers. They have turned them into something they are not. Just because one sees herself as a warrior and the other one knows how to handle knives they have turned them all in warrior women. And worst, they have given them the main protagonist spotlight in the arc when that corresponded to the one women with power, Arianne.

Cheesy and one of the worst fight scenes of the series. Elio stated the reasons very well in his video critique of the episode. Hope we only have to endure them for only 1 or more scenes. Good riddance. I would have rather seen Arianne and Her father's S/L as presented in the books. I loved Doran's patience and political savvy.

Archived