Dornish Disappointment

If that dialogue is correct then Bronn survives being poisoned, I knew he would be poisoned after the scene with Jamie where he saves him from

being bitten by the snake "terrible way to go..."

Yeah, that's why highlighted it contained a spoiler.

If that dialogue is correct then Bronn survives being poisoned, I knew he would be poisoned after the scene with Jamie where he saves him from

But dont you think this is a terrible way to let him live?

The Dornish plot in series is about as logical as Yara's heroic awe-inspiring speech and consequent failed rescue attempt of Theon in season 4, it does not advance the plot at all and leaves everyone wondering why it was there at all. You don't have to read the books to plainly see that it is a weird story arc that is inconsistent with the rest of the show, just as it is with Sansa at Winterfell. There is SO much material in the books, why do they insist on making up their own inferior storyline?

But dont you think this is a terrible way to let him live?

If that extract is correct then yes it is.. but then they have run out of direct GRRM dialogue to work with so this is basically fan fiction.

That scene plays out like a Captain Kirk seducing the hot alien chick of the week moment..

If that extract is correct then yes it is.. but then they have run out of direct GRRM dialogue to work with so this is basically fan fiction.

That scene plays out like a Captain Kirk seducing the hot alien chick of the week moment..

The actor's a fan favorite, hence the buddy-movie feel of Bronn 'n' Jaime's Big Adventure. I'm sure he'll wind up abed with one or two or three Sand Fakes, tossing quips right and left about fuckin' and fightin'. Sigh.

:bowdown: :lmao:

Good Lord.

What is this? Wtf?!

This is such a pathetic dialogue.

She suddenly loves him? O_o

Please tell me you were just trolling D&D

Btw, I'm not one of those hotheaded Sansa scene opposers. I just feel quality of some dialogues are very good(J&T) and some dialogues like this is absolutely unbearable.

yeah, I know. jesus, and why the hell would she give him the antidote anyway? I pray that his was only an exercise, not an actual dialogue for the series script

Can anyone explain what the Sand Snakes plan for Myrcella actually was? I thought they wanted revenge by hurting or killing her, but they don't have to abduct her to do that and they didn't even try to do either during the fight. Even had her at dagger point at the end and let her go.

It's like the writers didn't feel a need to have any logical plan for them or a plan of escape for Jaime, Bronn and Myrcella because neither was going to happen. It's kind of like Locke abducting Bran north of the wall. Why didn't he just kill him? How was he going to get south of the wall by himself with no supplies? Writers didn't care because he wasn't going to ever really make the attempt, so why bother with any details that make sense?

Can anyone explain what the Sand Snakes plan for Myrcella actually was? I thought they wanted revenge by hurting or killing her, but they don't have to abduct her to do that and they didn't even try to do either during the fight. Even had her at dagger point at the end and let her go.

It's like the writers didn't feel a need to have any logical plan for them or a plan of escape for Jaime, Bronn and Myrcella because neither was going to happen. It's kind of like Locke abducting Bran north of the wall. Why didn't he just kill him? How was he going to get south of the wall by himself with no supplies? Writers didn't care because he wasn't going to ever really make the attempt, so why bother with any details that make sense?

Probably wanted to use Myrcella as some kind of hostage. Or maybe they want to lop off her fingers one by one to send to Cersei. They have to make her live long.

All great points, especially the bolded. They do this a lot, and just expect people to come up with alternate theories to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately, filling in the gaps requires some difficult mental gymnastics.

It's lazy, lazy writing.

The reason why Jamie and Bronn are going to Dorne just doesn't make sense.

This is the situation.

-Myrcella is marrying Tristane, son of the Prince, making a political alliance between Baratheon/Lannister and Dorne.

-Sand Snakes are pissed because of the Lannister atrocities during Robert's Rebellion and Oberyn's death, and want to kill/capture Myrcella and start a war.

-A lot of Dornish citizens love the Snakes and hate the Lannisters

-Jamie is here to rescue Myrcella from whatever danger Oberyn's death ignited, and they want to prevent a war

1) Why does Jamie need to go in secret? Dorne is a Lannister ally. All he has to do is cancel the marriage Tyrion arranged, and the Myrcella would be shipped back. It would break the alliance yes it is a better option than secretly taking Myrcella away, would be seen as kidnapping, and would more likely ignite a war.

2)Why do the Snakes want to kill/capture Myrcella? Again Prince Doran supports the Lannisters. Kidnapping or killing her, would only further their alliance as grievances come. The Snakes and the popular support would ignite a war, yes, but they would be crushed by Lannister/Dorne forces. The Snakes need the Dornish forces to win. Also killing an innocent princess doesn't help gain the support of the people either.

All Jamie has to do is cancel the marriage. Or send a 100 bodyguards to Myrcella. Or give funding to the Dornish government to help the people.(Which will make them like the Lannister's more)

All the Sand snakes need to do is let them take Myrcella. Then tell Doran, the Lannisters are promise breakers. Boom war.

The dialogue in that scene is accurate. There was even a leaked video of an audition of an actress (not the one that was actually hired). Tyene actually takes her top off in that scene (and the actress that plays her on the show has confirmed that this happens).

At least the Sand Snakes were incompetent and useless without killing a great character in the books. If Bronn ends up dying because of a brat's poisoned dagger....ugh.

Seriously, the only Sand Snake I'm the least bit curious about is the one infiltrating the Citadel in the book, and mostly because she doesn't seem to be an overcompensating bad girl stereotype and its putting her in close proximity to "Pate", aka Jaqen H'ghar and whatever plans he has for that egg Euron "lost".

Seriously, the only Sand Snake I'm the least bit curious about is the one infiltrating the Citadel in the book, and mostly because she doesn't seem to be an overcompensating bad girl stereotype and its putting her in close proximity to "Pate", aka Jaqen H'ghar and whatever plans he has for that egg Euron "lost".

Sarella/Alleras! I'm still holding out hope Oldtown is coming. Sam's namecheck is encouraging!

Is anyone else disappointed by Areo Hotah? The characterization seems a bit off, not least because the missing character of Arianne removes his fatherly affection for her, and there's that awesome line: "Someone talked. Someone always talks."

Also I kind of pictured Hotah given his description as a grizzled, bearded Jeff Bridges type. A gruff face with a lot of compassion in the eyes.

These writers on GoT could learn a few things from the writers of Vikings from the History Channel.

That series by far out does anything D&D has done on GoT since Season 1.

Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but this is sooooooo real. That show surpasses Game of Thrones in almost every aspect, imo, and for I wonder what fraction of the budget?? I hope Michael Hirst knows his humble little historical fiction show on the god damn History Channel (!!!!) is so much better than HBO's powerhouse.

Archived