[Book Spoilers] How many of the readers will continue watching this show after Season 5?

To an extent this is true. To a great extent it's not, and that's what bothers me.

Ex: Near the end of last season why didn't they have time to have Jaime reveal to Tyrion that Tysha wasn't a whore when they had time to slip in a non-book 4 minute scene between the two about beetles?

Hell, a better example was the entire first season, which was amazingly accurate to the first book. Onward though D&D decided to flex their fan-fiction writing muscles more and more.

Another ex: Why did they make Ellaria Tyene's mother? What was wrong with Tyene having her own mother? It like there's an impulse to tweak every.little.damn.thing. In the big scheme of things it's such a tiny non-issue really but these little changes add up to fan fiction.

To an extent this is true. To a great extent it's not, and that's what bothers me.

Ex: Near the end of last season why didn't they have time to have Jaime reveal to Tyrion that Tysha wasn't a whore when they had time to slip in a non-book 4 minute scene between the two about beetles?

Hell, a better example was the entire first season, which was amazingly accurate to the first book. Onward though D&D decided to flex their fan-fiction writing muscles more and more.

Perfectly stated! :cheers:

I can't watch this show anymore. Last episode (actually, just THAT one scene) let me a bad taste in the mouth. I can't. Sorry, GoT. I defended you, but you did this to yourself. I'll wait all the years that Martin needs, it's not like I can't keep myself entertained until that.

I feel the same way. I've talked several friends into watching GoT over the years (much to their apprehension) with the promise that it was one of the best shows on TV. And I've defended it until last season. I love where the show has been (especially season 1), but I'm just not enjoying watching where it is now. :dunno:

I will, of course.

Because it is and continues to be a good show.

The moment it no longer interests me, then I'll stop. But I don't see the point of make announcements about it.

Perfectly stated! :cheers:

I feel the same way. I've talked several friends into watching GoT over the years (much to their apprehension) with the promise that it was one of the best shows on TV. And I've defended it until last season. I love where the show has been (especially season 1), but I'm just not enjoying watching where it is now. :dunno:

This is really awkward for me. Now I almost feel bad for it. The worse is with my family.

My mother isn't a big TV viewer, but I've "forced" her to see the show, and she loved it at fist. But now, she finds it totally unbelievable and boring. And I'm sure that a lot of unsullied must feel that way.

She doesn't frequent forums or social media, so she's not affected by the hype train that seems to lobotomize a big chunk of the show only viewers (Fire, Blood, Boobs and Dragons! Yeaaaahhh)

The Tysha story was only a one time thing on the show, whereas it is brought up a bunch in the books, so while I agree that the beetle conversation was pointless, wouldn't talking about Tysha be as well in the context of the show?

What it has always boiled down to for me is that this is an ADAPTATION, and these guys can do whatever they think is good for the television show, not what they think is good for the book readers. Whether we agree with it or not, and it seems to be increasing in the 'not' category lately, it is what it is. Watch it or don't.

I wonder if they've gotten new writers or something. The writing on the show has gotten progressively worse since season 1. I mean season 1 had quotes taken directly from the book. It followed the first book fairly well and was the best season in my opinion. Season 2 was decent and season 3 had it's moments. Besides that, utter garbage.

The Tysha story was only a one time thing on the show, whereas it is brought up a bunch in the books, so while I agree that the beetle conversation was pointless, wouldn't talking about Tysha be as well in the context of the show?

What it has always boiled down to for me is that this is an ADAPTATION, and these guys can do whatever they think is good for the television show, not what they think is good for the book readers. Whether we agree with it or not, and it seems to be increasing in the 'not' category lately, it is what it is. Watch it or don't.

The Tysha story is a big moment in Tyrion's story.

It explains why he killed his father, why he hates is brother, why he's done with Westeros where he doesn't have nobody to return to...

It doesn't mean that we needed him to repeat "wherever whores go" for the entire season, but it was still a good story that brings more to the overall story than the beetles scene.

I wonder if they've gotten new writers or something. The writing on the show has gotten progressively worse since season 1. I mean season 1 had quotes taken directly from the book. It followed the first book fairly well and was the best season in my opinion. Season 2 was decent and season 3 had it's moments. Besides that, utter garbage.

They've got one new writer (Dave Hill), that was an intern last season and that came up with the idea that "Olly will be the one to kill Igritte to avenge his family".

The Tysha story is a big moment in Tyrion's story.

It explains why he killed his father, why he hates is brother, why he's done with Westeros where he doesn't have nobody to return to...

It doesn't mean that we needed him to repeat "wherever whores go" for the entire season, but it was still a good story that brings more to the overall story than the beetles scene.

Especially now in the show Jamie hates Tyrion and wants to kill him, at least that's what he told Bronn. Why not just throw that part in there? I mean doesn't Jamie's revelation spurn Tyrion to confront Tywin in the first place?

Hey guys, so as much as I am a big fan of the ASOIAF series, the show is ruining it for me with all the changes and the potential spoilers that I'm not quite sure I'm ready to continue watching it after Season 5.

Littlefinger's dick move to send the Vale army to Winterfell is a big potential spoiler for a move in the next books. If not, then whatever, but still.

Jaime and Bronn in Dorne is just so bad a move. What is going on there?

Don't even get me started on the Sansa storyline. Yes, Ramsey's move was predictable, but why Sansa!!?? I prefer great story telling over big shock value.

I'll stop my rant and ask you fellow book fans this question. How many of you are considering watching the show after Season 5, provided that the TWoW book won't be out by Season 6?

I just want to know I'm not alone in my current feelings for this show at the moment and would love some insights.

Oh yeah right, whatever. Nobody is going to stop watching the show, it doesn't matter what happens. If someone's favorite character dies, that person will still watch. Why do people keep making these immature threats to the show's producers? "You better not hurt Sansa or I'll stop watching" is very childish and the political correctness and pressure that fans are putting on writers is ruining it for the rest of us who just watch shows to see what's presented and then evaluate, not ranting on message boards about how they will stop watching if they don't see a certain politically correct change made to make the show "better".

1. Jamie/Bronn is pretty silly. I always expect Jamie to call Bronn a knucklehead and go "Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" as he conks him on the head with a mallet or something. Yeah, better stop watching the entire show because of that. *roll eyes*

2. Why do people keep calling Sansa's scene "shock value" What were you expecting to happen on their wedding night? They are getting married AT NIGHT, for seven's sake, this guy is creepy and lives in a place called the Dreeadfort when he's not shacking up in the ruins of his bride's conquered home. Ramsay wasn't going to make the same mistake Tyrion made when he didn't consummate his marriage to Sansa. They need this shit legit, and they need it NOW. Plus Myranda is probably telling him she's being sassy and wasn't scared to go into the kennel to see Theon and she wasn't afraid when she heard the stories in the bath, so Ramsay is most likely doing this to make Sansa submissive. He needs her to be terrified of him to have power over her, so why not a forceful approach at the wedding night.

HELLO, PEOPLE: Just look at Myranda to back my point. She is in love with Ramsay, she doesn't get squeamish and she enjoys maiming and torturing and having a good time. This is probably what gets Ramsay to be so affectionate with her. Not many girls can be as sick as he is, so he likes her kindred spirit. If Sansa were to succumb to the dark side and roll with whatever sick designs Ramsay has in his head, then she would be fine and Myranda would be feeding a bitch.

3. Anyway, if you leave a great show like GoT because Sansa got hurt or you don't like the Jamie/Bronn hijinks for a few episodes, then see ya. The REAL fans will continue to watch even though its in a rough spot where everything is painfully bad. But this is a huge show, the biggest that HBO probably ever had. I doubt that they would let something like this continue for too long.

I want to know how it ends and primarily what role the Others play - so I'll watch the show, as I doubt they will end differently in show or books, and I'm too impatient to wait for GRRM to finish writing them.

for every book fan that stops watching there is going to be another 100+ that's going to start

especially after the ending of this season

ides of marsh is going to cause red wedding level of outrage

and dany riding drogon is going to be in the top 3 WTF moments too

for every book fan that stops watching there is going to be another 100+ that's going to start

especially after the ending of this season

ides of marsh is going to cause red wedding level of outrage

and dany riding drogon is going to be in the top 3 WTF moments too

You think they will progress that far in Jon's storyline? At this point, I can't really see it happening all too much. Jon hasn't done much in terms of dealing with the wildlings to justify the ides of marsh. The Unsullied will think it random and won't understand why it happened. I'm sure Dany riding Drogon will happen this season since she's already opened the pits. I just don't see Jon's storyline getting that far though. They still have to do a lot with Stannis if the battle of ice is supposed to happen this season. If they were to do it, it would just feel rushed..But then again, it would go along with the terrible writing that we've seen thus far this season. It's been really laughable at times.

You think they will progress that far in Jon's storyline? At this point, I can't really see it happening all too much. Jon hasn't done much in terms of dealing with the wildlings to justify the ides of marsh. The Unsullied will think it random and won't understand why it happened. I'm sure Dany riding Drogon will happen this season since she's already opened the pits. I just don't see Jon's storyline getting that far though. They still have to do a lot with Stannis if the battle of ice is supposed to happen this season. If they were to do it, it would just feel rushed..But then again, it would go along with the terrible writing that we've seen thus far this season. It's been really laughable at times.

battle of ice isnt happening

ides of marsh is a lock

100% happening

I will.

Love the books and also love the show.

They are both examples of high quality entertainment in their own respective medium.

:agree:

There may be valid critism, I may have some problems myself and yet the show is about the best TV has to offer at the moment. I guess many posters here fool themselves with their over the top criticism, apart from spoiling their own fun. Though I guess loving to hate together is the fashion of the moment and the epitome of fun for some. To each their own.

I think even nerdy people are allowed to enjoy themselves instead of finding ascetic satisfaction in pointing out sins and flaws in others with puritan righteousness. The Faith going after brothels and infidel directors, wine barrels and cameras with zealous intensity..... purgatory ...... Please get reasonable, people!

But the showmakers and Martin should know that hatred and not indifference is the other side of love.

So obviously I in my lack of intellectual and artistic competence will go on watching :D

Will cotinue to watch but with ever increasing rage and masochistic behaviour. Want to go all Shagga and goat happy on D&D with Mr Cogman thrown in as well.

What gets me most is that the show will finish before books. so a fan fiction low calibre (in recent seasons) production/writing is going to give me the ending first. The salt on the wound is that itll spoil the book version. As no matter how much itll naturally deviate in detail or through bad writing production the basic facts will be the same. this person is dead/alive/married to this person/sitting on the throne.

:dunno:

Well if the reports are true, S6 will be WoW so most likely all of it will happen, though probably different.

Archived