Debating Sansa

Westeros

I'd take Sansa making lemoncakes over Sansa getting raped, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Yeah, and you'd take Dany meeting the love of her life instead of being forced to marry Drogo. And Arya becoming the best killer in Westeros in two nights. And Sansa avenging her family in 2 minutes because she talked to Littlefinger about the game of thrones during 2 minutes, and now she has black heir and goth clothes, so now she's an expert!

The fact is that you're all shocked to what happend to Sansa, and I'm too. But I'm blaming this on Ramsay and Littlefinger (and hope they'll die for this and all they did before), you, you are blaming it on the writers of the show. That's your problem.

Why anyone would try to have an intelligent conversation with someone who calls himself Khal Boner is beyond me.

The ignore function is a beautiful thing. :thumbsup:

That makes sense only in the mind of hypocrits, sorry to say that and piss you off. That's just the truth.

No, it doesn't. It makes sense in the minds of people who understand that this is a fucking narrative, not a court of law. We're not charging Ramsay with the rape of Sansa vs. the rape of Jeyne and arguing that he should be given a harsher punishment for the former rather than the latter. We are looking at the fact that these are crafted scenarios by storytellers. And if you're going to include rape in your story, it has to be done with a sensitivity. And as many of us have been explaining for the past 20 pages, it was done in an unacceptably exploitative way.

I'm sure you'll come back with shifting goalposts and straw-men and it is clear you are a troll, but I really really, wanted to address this idea of some sort of "hypocrisy" for the larger debate. Because that seems to be where the disconnect is.

Read the fucking piece written by the actual fucking rape victim.

Yeah, that's what HBO wrote in the letter they sent me after they rejected my pilot this past April: "Not enough rape."

Keep trying. I'm sure there is an audience for lemoncakes and hair dressing out there somewhere. Try the Disney Channel.

Yeah, that's what HBO wrote in the letter they sent me after they rejected my pilot this past April: "Not enough rape."

Have you tried Disney? They really like the kind of cliché stories that you seem to be fond of.

Yeah, and you'd take Dany meeting the love of her life instead of being forced to marry Drogo. And Arya becoming the best killer in Westeros in two nights. And Sansa avenging her family in 2 minutes because she talked to Littlefinger about the game of thrones during 2 minutes, and now she has black heir and goth clothes, so now she's an expert!

The fact is that you're all shocked to what happend to Sansa, and I'm too. But I'm blaming this on Ramsay and Littlefinger (and hope they'll die for this and all they did before), you, you are blaming it on the writers of the show. That's your problem.

Ramsay and Littlefinger wrote the episode?! I thought it was Bryan Cogman.

1) Sansa back in the North - she can't go back north unless she's wedded and raped by Ramsay! That's her only ticket there!

2) Theon's redemption - Theon cannot get redemption unless he saves Sansa who has been wedded and raped by Ramsay! That's the only way!

3) Cersei wants the Boltons dead - Sansa being wedded and raped by Ramsay is the only way! LF couldn't have just lied to her, or started a long betrothal!

4) Sansa meeting Brienne's arc - Sansa cannot meet Brienne (even though she already has) without being wedded and raped by Ramsay! It is necessary for... reasons.

5) Sansa meeting Stannis's arc (a lot of things could happen) - now, that one is the most obvious, Sansa definitely needs to be wedded and raped by Ramsay to meet Stannis! Stannis only agrees to meet Starks if they are married to his enemies or raped by a Bolton! It's a strange requirement he makes!

6) Sansa in Jon's arc (with the pink letter) - Yeah, like that's going to happen... :rolleyes:

And could happen:

7) Stark revenge on the Boltons - Well, now you've convinced me. How could anyone imagine a Stark revenge on Boltons without a Stark marrying a Bolton and being raped by a Bolton? That's a fantastic Stark revenge!

Ok well, we've all understood your point. Rape is bad. Rape can't be seen on television. TV show who show rapes are bad.

But murders, castrations, human pyres, children thrown by the window, incest, all that is fine. That makes total sense.

Why? What's the relevance? Do I need to talk to an amputee to 'really understand' how Jaime would have felt when his hand came off? It's fiction for christs sake.

Well, maybe it would make you learn something to put in your head. Not disrespecting, but maybe you should give it a try. Knowledge is a powerful thing. As LF said so himself.

Ramsay and Littlefinger wrote the episode?! I thought it was Bryan Cogman.

I know you're joking, but that's exactly the problem with you guys. Since you're focused on the differences between the books and the show, you can't see it as fiction anymore. It was the same when Barristan died : viewers reacted like "Damn sons of the Harpy!", book purists reacted like "Damn D&D!!!". And now with Sansa it's the same : viewers reacted like "Littlefinger and Ramsay, you bastards!", you book purists reacted like "D&D, why?? They must like rape, it's horrible!!".

I just feel sad for you, because you can't appreciate a great tv show because of that.

Well, maybe it would make you learn something to put in your head. Not disrespecting, but maybe you should give it a try. Knowledge is a powerful thing. As LF said so himself.

Learn what? That rape is bad and rape victims feel sad when they see poor Sansa getting raped. Give me a break. I'm not 14.

I know you're joking, but that's exactly the problem with you guys. Since you're focused on the differences between the books and the show, you can't see it as fiction anymore. It was the same when Barristan died : viewers reacted like "Damn sons of the Harpy!", book purists reacted like "Damn D&D!!!". And now with Sansa it's the same : viewers reacted like "Littlefinger and Ramsay, you bastards!", you book purists reacted like "D&D, why?? They must like rape, it's horrible!!".

I just feel sad for you, because you can't appreciate a great tv show because of that.

Well, tell me something. Let's say one forgets about the rape scene. Are you still, as any critic of the show, doesn't find it just badly plotted that LF would abandon his greatest prize alone? What is stopping Sansa from betraying him, Ramsay from killing her? Rape aside, the storyline is idiotic. That's what most people are complaining about. It seemed constructed ignoring all logic, just to give us that moment.

Learn what? That rape is bad and rape victims feel sad when they see poor Sansa getting raped. Give me a break. I'm not 14.

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you and your fifteen years. it's just that empathy goes a long way in life. Maybe you'll learn that, when you pass adolescence.

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you and your fifteen years. it's just that empathy goes a long way in life. Maybe you'll learn that, when you pass adolescence.

When you start letting the line between reality and fiction blur you end up destroying creativity. You'd know this if you had once ounce of creativity in your body. How rape victims feel is completely irrelevant to this discussion. It's the ultimate strawman. It's a very short step to take from there to censorship.

Something that's really well worth reading. Especially by all those continuing to defend the choices of the show runners:

A Rape Victim Speaks Out on the Sansa Scene

Wow! Thanks for posting this, I haven't seen this yet.

The Eunuch, on 21 May 2015 - 6:57 PM, said: I don't care actually, sorry.

snapback.png

Annara Snow said:

Then shut the fuck up.

Really, the only thing to say to this.

Archived