This week's Sand Snake scene was brought to you by the most beautiful woman in the world (or else) [book spoilers]

Good Guy Garlan

Give the girl some credit.

I don't think she really cared whether or not he thought she was beautiful. It was all a game. He was cut in battle. She doesn't care for him to die. She is not an evil person. She got him riled up to get the poison working faster, then offered him the antidote. She had some fun with him while she was doing it. She may be able to count on him as an ally in the near future by manipulating him further. She may actually be attracted to him as well in a rough tough scoundrelish kinda way. :) Plus he can sing. ;)

Exactly.

BTW, this is super nitpicky, but I keep wondering - would an orally administered antidote even work against poison which is already in the bloodstream and strongly affecting the victim? I guess you could say "Magic" as explanation, but still...

Yeah... and that shit worked fast. LOL. and it was like a drop of antidote.

For the third time, we had two sex scenes this episode! Why was there no nudity in them?

Emilia doesn't want to do nudes anymore. doing an identical scene showing Daario's ass off would be boring. Couldn't tell why they weren't able to talk Gilly into it though.

Give the girl some credit.

I don't think she really cared whether or not he thought she was beautiful. It was all a game. He was cut in battle. She doesn't care for him to die. She is not an evil person. She got him riled up to get the poison working faster, then offered him the antidote. She had some fun with him while she was doing it. She may be able to count on him as an ally in the near future by manipulating him further. She may actually be attracted to him as well in a rough tough scoundrelish kinda way. :) Plus he can sing. ;)

What all the posion went to his brain, what an ache, alright already you are beautiful, just don't let me die quietly?

A game would she her kinslayers killed when she has that power.

Although he is a sellsword maybe she understand this after using her crystal ball, manipulating him into later betrayal becasue he owes her nothing and he won't forget next time?

You are right he sung better than barristan, and she is pretty

That's the shit Poison Ivy would pull to extract important information from Batman. And I could sorta see Tyene doing this kind of stuff in the books (I think she's gonna mess up Margaery's seven judges to get a "guilty" verdict), but I would've preferred if she had asked Bronn about something, you know, important, instead of that petty "who's the most beautiful girl?" nonsense

Emilia doesn't want to do nudes anymore. doing an identical scene showing Daario's ass off would be boring. Couldn't tell why they weren't able to talk Gilly into it though.

Is that even confirmed? There were some rumours back in S3 that a certan actress no longer wanted to do nude scenes, and there was some speculation that it might be Emilia Clarke - but then next episode she was nude. And yes, there could easily have been nudity in the Gilly/Sam scene. Hell, if they'd kept Arianne like they should have done they would have had plenty of opportunity for nudity.

What all the posion went to his brain, what an ache, alright already you are beautiful, just don't let me die quietly?

A game would she her kinslayers killed when she has that power.

Although he is a sellsword maybe she understand this after using her crystal ball, manipulating him into later betrayal becasue he owes her nothing and he won't forget next time?

Maybe, instead of a crystal ball, Bronn didn't immediately start singing the final bit of the Dornishman's Wife as soon as they were locked in the cell. Maybe the writers trust us to figure out some information has been passed along already. Bronn's basically worked the information that he's from Fleabottom and in it for the money into every other conversation he's been in.

That's the shit Poison Ivy would pull to extract important information from Batman. And I could sorta see Tyene doing this kind of stuff in the books (I think she's gonna mess up Margaery's seven judges to get a "guilty" verdict), but I would've preferred if she had asked Bronn about something, you know, important, instead of that petty "who's the most beautiful girl?" nonsense

Yep, she could have. Probably she SHOULD have asked something important. But she didn't because either she did not think about that possibility or because being able to toy with someone's is more important to her than maybe even avenging Oberyn's. Who knows.

Maybe, instead of a crystal ball, Bronn didn't immediately start singing the final bit of the Dornishman's Wife as soon as they were locked in the cell. Maybe the writers trust us to figure out some information has been passed along already. Bronn's basically worked the information that he's from Fleabottom and in it for the money into every other conversation he's been in.

That means he will stabbed them back for a better offer. I know lets get naked because that is deal clincher, not money,. Why are they in the same cells anyway. Regardless he accompained the most hated man in westeros alive to them. She needed to hear him beg like a dog, Wroof Wroof so beautiful, his life is hers because she had tits to give. :P

Is that even confirmed? There were some rumours back in S3 that a certan actress no longer wanted to do nude scenes, and there was some speculation that it might be Emilia Clarke - but then next episode she was nude. And yes, there could easily have been nudity in the Gilly/Sam scene. Hell, if they'd kept Arianne like they should have done they would have had plenty of opportunity for nudity.

She had already filmed the scenes when she decided that in the future she would not do any more nude scenes.

She had already filmed the scenes when she decided that in the future she would not do any more nude scenes.

I didn't know there was an official confirmation that it was Emilia.

Child, take a seat. If you weren't such a noob you'd know I criticize aFfC/aDwD here on a daily basis, but that's neither here nor there.

Some nudity scenes in the books are gratuitous, some nudity scenes in the show are gratuitous. Period (unfortunate phrasing).

Oh my, there is exactly one person who gives a flying fuck about your tenure on an Internet forum and the nature of your incessant whining, and that's you.

Oh my, there is exactly one person who gives a flying fuck about your tenure on an Internet forum and the nature of your incessant whining, and that's you.

1) You're the one who's whining

2) Shhhh. The adults are talking

Honestly, I think Tyene owned this scene, and I'm very glad that Bronn got the antidote.

Been watching HBO shows for more years than I care to remember now, and nudity has always been a focal point. But for once it seemed to add to the scene, rather than distract from it.

Hopefully this is a turning point for the TV Sand Snakes.

Archived