Speculation regarding Stannis (book spoilers)

kat3281

Okay, so you don't have anything solid. Crown burning and consuming his flesh could easily happen with what we know in the previews.

I've been googling the summary, and many outlets are reporting it, so I'm guessing it's not actually fake? In which case, Stannis will be in episode 10 marching, so you're probably right and we'll have a boring cliffhanger with Jon dying but nobody actually convinced he's really dead.

The showrunners shouldn't end this season where GRRM left off in ADwD. That book was a huge let down.

Also, the pink letter isn't going to translate to the screen because Stannis is a POV character. They might use it as reason for Jon to march south (but given the battle in Hardhome, it doesn't seem like he would want to do that). But it's not going to have any impact since we will know it's BS.

Okay, so you don't have anything solid. Crown burning and consuming his flesh could easily happen with what we know in the previews.

I've been googling the summary, and many outlets are reporting it, so I'm guessing it's not actually fake? In which case, Stannis will be in episode 10 marching, so you're probably right and we'll have a boring cliffhanger with Jon dying but nobody actually convinced he's really dead.

The showrunners shouldn't end this season where GRRM left off in ADwD. That book was a huge let down.

Yeah. You're right. Your stuff is much more solid. I mean, of course Stannis is dying because Ramsay is going there with 20 men. And of course Shireen is burning and Jon is being resurrected. Solid evidence for that as well.

No way Stannis dies. If he and Shireen die (which means Davos dies too because he'll have no one left to fight for, same for Selyse) and with Jon dying, the viewers will be pissed and probably stop watching. Too much bad has happened this season for them to continue watching. The viewers can only take so much of the bad guys winning. The good guys have to win sometime, and Stannis is the only guy who can bring justice to the evil people in the world at this moment.

Yeah. You're right. Your stuff is much more solid. I mean, of course Stannis is dying because Ramsay is going there with 20 men. And of course Shireen is burning and Jon is being resurrected. Solid evidence for that as well.

I don't think my speculation is solid. I would wager you're right that it's going to be some form of pink letter and FTW without a resurrection and Stannis lives to fight another day. I was speculating wildly, with info that the summary was fake, but seems that isn't the case.

But your evidence that Stannis survives Ramsey isn't exactly ironclad. Still, I think you're right.

Just hoping it's something unexpected because I want to be surprised.

Davos survives this season as he is filming in Northern Ireland in July. He confirmed that in a recent interview.

Praise the gods. :bowdown:

Ramsay managing to accomplish anything other than getting captured and burned will be lame as hell. These stupid commando missions the show keeps creating are ridiculous.

Agreed. I pretty much facepalmed at "I'll need twenty good men..." So cheeseball.

The Drunkard, on 01 Jun 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:snapback.png

Ramsay managing to accomplish anything other than getting captured and burned will be lame as hell. These stupid commando missions the show keeps creating are ridiculous.

Hear hear. The sole low point of the series (US definition) is without doubt Ashara's nauseating rescue mission, while Craster's was entertaining in terms of action but pointless in driving any plot forward (although Carl Tanner was almost worth it).

This is honestly the only storyline where its totally uncertain what route they're going to take. One of Stannis, Davos, Mel, Selyse, Shireen, and Ramsey will die surely?

It's finding the camp in the mids of a blizzard with only twenty men that's the problem. Also he did not claim he was only gonna do something small and subtle. He was gonna hit hard enough to reduce 60,000 men to a feast for crows. An army of 60,000 men aren't gonna have just a dozen tents or one baggage train. No matter where he intends to hit them, it's gonna have to be massive.

Fake Arya, you mean, not Sansa. That snow factored into their plans (no shit) is the barest of similarities. What Ramsay will do is not comparable, unless you mean to argue he'll be infiltrating Stannis' camp as a bard and then spend upwards of a month trying to kidnap Shireen and ultimately failing, in which case I'd agree the events aren't as ridiculous.

Barristan's feat is legendary. Brandon wanting to do something is irrelevant; he didn't accomplish anything. Jorah and Barristan sneaking through the sewers is an example of Dany's slaver enemies being stupid, not something that should be replicated elsewhere in the story. The Umbers digging ditches out of sight is a fairly mundane tactic (and not even a relevant example, this is one army laying traps against another). Faceless Men are magical super assassins.

Sneaking into the camp isn't the stupid part in all this, it's being able to somehow cause significant damage. To kill or kidnap anyone important he'll be fighting his way through the camp and back out again, which isn't realistically achievable. If he intends to cause havoc... it's twenty dudes against an army, they'd quickly be killed and captured.

Fake Arya. Sorry.

Ramsay was exaggerating. But we don't really know what he's actual plan is. I seriously doubt he's going to walk, sound a horn and battle 20 to 6,000. By the way, it's 6,000 men Stannis has. 6,000 southern men, freezing, tired, hungry, miserable and dying. And not expecting a sneak attack. Especially ones who believe that Mel can predict the future.

And they know where they are because their scouts told them where they are. Not to mention as Northerners they'd know they land better than Stannis. Not to mention they'd have a good idea from which direction Stannis came from.

No, I do believe that it's impossible for 20 men to fight 6,000 people. I don't believe that it's impossible to sneak into someone's camp, especially in those conditions. And Ramsay's attack is meant to parallel with Theon taking Winterfell with 20 men.

Carice Van Houten did hint at another scene with Kit Harrington, I think Ramsay's mission could have these possible outcomes.

1. Ramsay sets fire to Staniss' supplies and a desparate Stannis burns Shireen to bring in lightbringer, doesn't happen, with Stannis chasing her off to the wall, she resurrects Jon at Castle Black.

Or my personal favorite,

2.Ramsay sets fire to Baratheon supplies, this could put Mel's reputation as a priestess in serious jeopardy, remember, Balon's still alive and she claimed she could have predicted wildfire at the battle of Blackwater, which is the reason why Stannis put Davos in a cell, what if the Bolton commando force prove her wrong?

Stannis banishes her to Castle Black and assaults Winterfell, Mel resurrects Jon in the penultimate scene?

I remember Iwan Rheon somewhat bloodied face with Stannis camp in the Background, good news for Stark fans?

I think Stannis and Jon Snow are both going to die. Mel is going to burn Shireen to bring back Azor Ahi. Jon Wakes up

I kinda like this. But I'm really not ready to see Stannis die, just yet. Who will correct the grammar of the Westerosi? Someone's got to have standards.

I say burn Selyse. She's hateful.

Couldn't agree more. I swear, if Stannis is somehow killed by a force made up of Ramsay and 20 men...I will riot. There's no conceivable way an arc as long and important as Stannis' could end via such ridiculous means, could it?

Nope, Sorry. We won't see Stannis dying and Shireen burning. We will see the Pink letter and Jon dying though.

We will see the Pink Letter being written or received? With Ramsay out on a commando mission, Mance dead, and a Stannis PoV in the show, I'm not sure how we could see it being written or why the Pink Letter could/should exist at all. Unless somehow Sansa gets a letter away to Jon.

No way Stannis dies. If he and Shireen die (which means Davos dies too because he'll have no one left to fight for, same for Selyse) and with Jon dying, the viewers will be pissed and probably stop watching. Too much bad has happened this season for them to continue watching. The viewers can only take so much of the bad guys winning. The good guys have to win sometime, and Stannis is the only guy who can bring justice to the evil people in the world at this moment.

A trillion times this. FFS, can't we have just one tiny victory to celebrate at the end of the season? It's not even like Stannis taking out Ramsay would undermine anything that's been built up to this point. Stannis is the superior commander with a larger force. Ramsay is unseasoned, rash, and rushing headlong into some type of bizarre commando mission in the middle of winter. Pleaseeeee let Stannis capture and execute Ramsay.

Wet (and more than likely unrealistic) dream scenario: Sansa and Theon end up with Stannis, and Stannis allows Sansa and/or Theon to be the one(s) to execute Ramsay.

Ramsay was exaggerating. But we don't really know what he's actual plan is. I seriously doubt he's going to walk, sound a horn and battle 20 to 6,000. By the way, it's 6,000 men Stannis has. 6,000 southern men, freezing, tired, hungry, miserable and dying. And not expecting a sneak attack. Especially ones who believe that Mel can predict the future.

I'm not saying he'll fight them head on. But a sneak attack is not expected exactly for the reasons this is stupid. And again, you can't feed 6,000 men from one baggage wagon. Also, Stannis' men are mostly braavosi sellswords. Why would those just be southern men?

And they know where they are because their scouts told them where they are. Not to mention as Northerners they'd know they land better than Stannis. Not to mention they'd have a good idea from which direction Stannis came from.

Can I just say how ridiculous these sentiments is? Renly is from the South, you think he knows the Westerlands and Dorne like the back of his own hands too? The North is near as big a place as the other Seven Kingdoms combined. It's not very densely populated but it is an utterly massive place to travel through.

No, I do believe that it's impossible for 20 men to fight 6,000 people. I don't believe that it's impossible to sneak into someone's camp, especially in those conditions. And Ramsay's attack is meant to parallel with Theon taking Winterfell with 20 men.

Sneak in. Yes, do significant damage to cripple a thousands of men strong army when you are in there, then sneak back out of the camp and make a clean escape back to Winterfell is another thing entirely.

Couldn't agree more. I swear, if Stannis is somehow killed by a force made up of Ramsay and 20 men...I will riot. There's no conceivable way an arc as long and important as Stannis' could end via such ridiculous means, could it?

Above all, it would be pretty stupid to do it now, because after the last episode, most nobody will care about Stannis given that Jon is still alive. Stannis should die when Jon is presumed dead - next season.

We will see the Pink Letter being written or received? With Ramsay out on a commando mission, Mance dead, and a Stannis PoV in the show, I'm not sure how we could see it being written or why the Pink Letter could/should exist at all. Unless somehow Sansa gets a letter away to Jon.

We will see it being recieved. At least that's what we saw in the books.

Archived