Episode 10 is titled Mother's Mercy. What can we guess from that?

Solid Snake

Really, just knowing that they postponed Euron till the other side of season 5 - because of how busy that season was - is what's making me actually pretty hopeful for Stoneheart.

I don't see why the exact-same rules as applied to Euron won't apply to her.

I hope so! I really did mean what I said - it will break the Internet and I honestly can't think of anything else that will. I was reading and posting in a thread about that over the last week and I don't think anyone really came up with a satisfactory explanation. I personally don't think FTW in and of itself is "as shocking as the Red Wedding" which a couple of actors have said about episode 10. Some people have argued that it is the totality of everything that happens that will break the Internet and I don't find that particularly convincing either. A comparison to the RW implies violence of some kind though so who knows.

First of all im new here and this is my first comment on this forums. Like season 4 episode 10, the episode ''The Children'' refered to many things such as For instance, Arya, Tyrion, Daenarys, and the Children of the Forest. ''Mother Mercy'' intresting to call an episode, the theory im going focus on is Lady Stoneheart.

Before i begin im going to copy and paste this from the wiki. ''Death has changed Catelyn. She is less gracious and forgiving than in life and is consumed with a desire for vengeance on anyone she thinks betrayed her and her son, Robb. She hangs any men associated with the Freys, Boltons, or Lannisters, even if they had nothing to do with the "Red Wedding" or if they are boys, as was the case of Podrick Payne. Her appearance has been altered as well, with her flesh becoming soft and the color of curdled milk due to her corpse being submerged in river water for days. Half of her hair is gone and the rest is white and brittle. In addition, her wounds have not healed with her face covered in scratch marks and her throat still slit open. To speak she must cover the wound on her throat; even then she is difficult to understand.''

Lets look at the current stories in season 5, We have Brienne and Podrik searching for the Stark girls because Brienne made a vow to Catelyn, We have Stannis marching on Winterfell, We have Petyr ''Littlefinger'' Bellish plotting and conspiring, Sansa returning to Winterfell, Now i belive if Lady Stoneheart is going to happen, it will occur at the Battle of Winterfell, and before season 5 began, Sophia Turner (Sansa Stark) came out and said there were more moments more shocking then ''The Red Wedding'' I truely belive Lady Stoneheart will make a ground breaking entrance and extract Revenge on the Boltons, If you remeber the Season 5 poster had the title ''Vengence Is Coming'' could this mean Lady Stoneheart? Another theory on this is the hound. The last time we saw him was in the Battle with Brienne near the vale. It didnt showed him dying and lets just say he was saved, Could Petyr Bellish have saved the Hound as it was so close to the Vale? Could Petyr Bellish be involved with Lady Stoneheart? There is multiple scenarios that could play out and the way and i really do belive that this maybe one of the best episodes of all time

Apologies for my rant and bad grammer, i aint ever used a forum

I might cry if it's Lady Stoneheart. Her introduction in the books gave me chills. It could just be teasing but Lena's Instagram, the iMDB thing and the fact that they removed it so quickly, seems like they're trying to get people riled up. It could just be nothing though but I think in terms of show-only watchers it will definitely cause waves. Especially after what looks like a relatively less successful season compared to the past. I saw a lot of commenters on facebook say they were getting bored. I wouldn't really know though as I'm not keeping up. Whether she shows up or not I'll still most likely catch up on the episodes at some point... when I feel like it... (not as vested in it as before :/) but I'd probably pick it up sooner if she does.

I think it is mostly for the walk but we know how D&D like to stretch the title eg The Children. So I love to hope it is Lady Stoneheart and that would for sure break the Internet the way a few actors have speculated. But I'm not that hopeful. I just really hope it isn't a pregnant Sansa.

As for Lena's bewbs - sorry, nope, it's a body double (it was widely reported).

What's the point of using Body Doubles? The audience think they've seen the actress/Actors bits anyway.???

What's the point of using Body Doubles? The audience think they've seen the actress/Actors bits anyway.???

Well I get why some actresses might not want to do nude scenes but if it is actually required for the plot (as opposed to gratuitous like Tyene) then it makes sense to have a double right? Rather than cut away and not show anything? That seems too prudish. Like, the Walk is not titillating at all (or shouldn't be).

I really hope to see Ser Robert Strong's entrance. That was one of my 'Fist Pump' moments from the books.

Although Cersei is a biatch but by the end of her ordeal I felt she deserves Vengeance! So when she gets swept off her feet, Qyburn says something like "and he has vowed a holy vow of silence until all of your Grace's enemies are dead/evil has been wiped out" - (something like that).

Cersei then thinks "Yes, oh yes..." - I was like 'oooooohh yeeeaahh' (hollaaaa! Fist pumps in da haaaaoouse, booooyah!)

Well I get why some actresses might not want to do nude scenes but if it is actually required for the plot (as opposed to gratuitous like Tyene) then it makes sense to have a double right? Rather than cut away and not show anything? That seems too prudish. Like, the Walk is not titillating at all (or shouldn't be).

True, plus they do the filming in front of loads of people many many times so it must be uncomfortable

True, plus they do the filming in front of loads of people many many times so it must be uncomfortable

Carice van Houton always mocks the other actors for being prudish about their bodies. But I think some people just have different levels of comfort. I read a funny interview with Emilia where she said her outfit after she became badass Khaleesi - not the flowy gowns after her wedding, she meant the leather halter and pants - was her least favorite because she hated having her belly out and on camera all the time. Especially after lunch, she said.

Carice van Houton always mocks the other actors for being prudish about their bodies. But I think some people just have different levels of comfort. I read a funny interview with Emilia where she said her outfit after she became badass Khaleesi - not the flowy gowns after her wedding, she meant the leather halter and pants - was her least favorite because she hated having her belly out and on camera all the time. Especially after lunch, she said.

Belly Of the Dragon! After a good spag bol :D

I don't think the reveal will happen this season, a lot of people on here seems to think it will. D&D have stated that there will not be any significant TWOW spoilers this season so I think they may save it,but who knows for sure though. Anything is possible.

I don't think the reveal will happen this season, a lot of people on here seems to think it will. D&D have stated that there will not be any significant TWOW spoilers this season so I think they may save it,but who knows for sure though. Anything is possible.

Do we have any quote from D&D saying that? Cause there's been a lot of TWOW spoilers : Barristan's death, Hardhome, Night's king (and that was last season) plus the whole stuff with Craster's babies, the land of always winter...

As for Stoneheart, I don't think she'll come back this season because it would be the worst timing : two resurrections in the same episode, plus Gregor and probably Sandor next season? That would be lame.

Do we have any quote from D&D saying that? Cause there's been a lot of TWOW spoilers : Barristan's death, Hardhome, Night's king (and that was last season) plus the whole stuff with Craster's babies, the land of always winter...

As for Stoneheart, I don't think she'll come back this season because it would be the worst timing : two resurrections in the same episode, plus Gregor and probably Sandor next season? That would be lame.

This is the article - http://mashable.com/2015/03/24/game-of-thrones-season-5-producers/. It came after it was widely reported that there would be spoilers coming. According to Mashable they asked D&D to clarify and they said that "We're not really beyond the books yet. Thinking about the first scene of the season and the last scene of the season, its all still within the novels [published so far], so youre still mostly safe."

Wow. So that's not true.

I think it is mostly for the walk but we know how D&D like to stretch the title eg The Children. So I love to hope it is Lady Stoneheart and that would for sure break the Internet the way a few actors have speculated. But I'm not that hopeful. I just really hope it isn't a pregnant Sansa.

I'm hoping that it's for Lady Stoneheart, but i'm not getting my hopes up either. I was at least 66% percent sure we'd have gotten her at the end of season 4, but no such luck.

This is the article - http://mashable.com/2015/03/24/game-of-thrones-season-5-producers/. It came after it was widely reported that there would be spoilers coming. According to Mashable they asked D&D to clarify and they said that "We're not really beyond the books yet. Thinking about the first scene of the season and the last scene of the season, its all still within the novels [published so far], so youre still mostly safe."

Wow. So that's not true.

The overall story of season 5 will end within the books, but some elements still can spoil us. Just look at the Night king and the other examples I gave...

Mother's Mercy will mean a few things - I fully expect to see R&V over Meereen showing their mother's mercy to the city. Varys may give out a little mercy in Dany's name. The walk of shame is in this episode, and Qybern will meet Cersei at the Red Keep with Ser Strong fully up and running. So there's her way of dispensing some mercy.

The WoW chapter for Arya has her as Mercy, so maybe we get a hint of her future plans in a man's travelling show. Next performance in Oldtown?

Of course Shireen and Selyse as well. She's completely set up to sacrifice Shireen for the glory of R'hllor. We've seen her weeping, but I don't think it's from recognizing what she's done. I think it's because she's been frustrated in her plan, sad to say. (Still shipping Rickon Stark, Warden of the North, and his bride Shireen Baratheon Stark as Wardeness.)

But all of these are using the term in tension to the actual words. I also expect to see some real mercy here, but from where? Gilly and young Sam? If they don't leave in 9, they will be leaving in 10. Brienne in her dealings with Pod (not necessarily a LHS sighting)? The examples of actual mercy will be few and far behind. Pretty much how GoT works, though.

Archived