Episode 10 is titled Mother's Mercy. What can we guess from that?

Solid Snake

Cat was changed to Lanna...

Remember when they changed asha to yara, so people didn't get confused...

What if they changed it because Cat is coming back.

Wouldn't it be more logical if it was the other way around? Arya calling herself Cat would actually remind the audience who Catelyn is and could've been used to set up LSH.

As much as I would love a LSH reveal (I kept expecting it to happen while watching S4E10) I don't think she's in the show.

I highly doubt Stoneheart will appear because of all the other changes... Mance being actually dead and Breanne taking over his story arc leads to some highly likely logical conclusions though such as she may actually eventually kill Stannis even though that is extremely unlikely to happen in the books...but It safe to say Ramsey does his weird sneak attack then sends his letter, Sansa and Theon escape with help from Breanne but are picked up by Stannis and company and Mel may return to the wall for um that Jon thing. By the title the penance walk seems likely.. there was also confirmation that the big guy that played the Mountain will return indicating Robert Strong will appear by then.

Thinking about it now. For the sake of book readers and ratings. Based of the synopsis for 10 saying "Jon is challenged" suggests FTW happens ep 10. Leaving his death/survival ambiguous for both unsullied and book readers. Allowing GRRM to cover what happens in WOW. Nicely leaving everyone on the same point in the books the tv series with the events at the wall. Will also mean people will be super eager to see if he survives in s06e01.

But i think martin said hes targeting the next book to come out before season 6 starts so we will be back to not over the books again by early next yr.

Honestly, if that happens, I'll be disappointed. I'm really looking forward to leaving the books behind.

* Dany as Mhysa (Mother) forgives Jorah after he saves her, or she forgives her people for what they did.

* Cersei may get the mercy of the Mother, a figure in the faith.

* Cersei may put Tommen out of his misery, although highly unlikely and strange.

* Arya as Mercy is introduced.

* A deranged Selyse may put Shireen out of what Selyse considers misery.

Random guesses.

I hate how the show have not included Lady Stoneheart, they have missed out on some incredible TV there. However, including her at this point (just before FTW and Jon presumably being resurrected) would be stupid. The main shock of this episode will be FTW and including Stoneheart would take away from that and cheapen the 'resurrection' plot device. If they were going to include Lady stoneheart it would have been in the season 4 finale and Brienne and Pod would not currently be going after Sansa if she was still in.

People should really give up on Lady Stoneheart. I will always hold it against the show, along with them forgetting about the Red Wedding and making it nothing but a shocking and brutal event in war with no apparent repercussions but I've accepted that Stoneheart like Arianne and JonCon and Aegon are most certainly not making an appearance.

What's interesting is he says garlan and wilas have major parts to play in the last two books

Most interesting part to me as well. That being said, GRRM has a tendency to overstate the importance of some of his characters and underestimate D&D's ability to rework one character's arc into another.

It's true that GRRM tends to overstate the importance of some of his subplots. I remember that while he was writing AFFC he said that he included a new unplanned POV because it was a "story that needed to be told". It ended being Brienne.

It's true that GRRM tends to overstate the importance of some of his subplots. I remember that while he was writing AFFC he said that he included a new unplanned POV because it was a "story that needed to be told". It ended being Brienne.

Well TBF I actually really loved her chapters in Feast. They just needed a more ruthless editor. But I think that if he means by "story that needs to be told" was to show the horrors of war through her eyes, he possibly could have done that through another already established POV.

Archived