Episode 10 is titled Mother's Mercy. What can we guess from that?

Solid Snake

One thing I'd love if there was something big with Sansa. The title Mother's Mercy reminds me of the song she sang at the Battle of Blackwater... granted that's mostly book territory.

More realistically I can see:

• Cersei's walk of penance (I hope we get a huge knight in armor swooping her up, introduced as Ser Robert Strong).
  • Dany in the grass sea surrounded by Dothraki (in the summary it says she's surrounded by strangers after all... I could see this being the end scene of the season potentially)
  • Stannis marching on Winterfell (I imagine he won't get there this season. I feel he'll be waylaid in small skirmishes until then)
  • Something to do with Selyse & Shireen. I'm crossing my fingers she lives somehow. Ditto to the person who said Selyse's crying from the trailers probably wasn't at Shireen's "death." Come on Davos or anyone!
  • For The Watch. ("Jon is challenged")

I would say Arya's Mercy chapter but my guess has been that will play out Episode 9. :dunno:

I really wouldn't get your hopes up for this. Just think she is totally cut.

i don't know if she is totally cut cause if she shows in any way that would be shocking enough to break internet...i have two theories about this...

first - could lady stoneheart appear just as another character instead of momma stark, pregnant sansa for example...ramsay kills her and she is resurrected by mel...she did see herself at winterfell...and goes all stoneheart on everyone including theon...i could see this shaking people up and it ties into mother theme.

second - perhaps lady stoneheart turns out to be Lord stoneheart...now which man it could be...jon...or...benjen

edited for the spelling and grammar gestapo

One thing I'd love if there was something big with Sansa. The title Mother's Mercy reminds me of the song she sang at the Battle of Blackwater... granted that's mostly book territory.

Aw I love that song! Bummed it wasn't on the show. I heard Sophie said she can't sing and was more nervous about that than the attempted rape scene during the KL riot so it was cut. I always hear it in my head the way Roy Dotrice sings it though....

It will be me happily yelling "Mother's Mercy, we're finally over the books! That's such a mercy!" I am a reader, but five years of purist whining can tire out anyone.

Also, I mostly agree with Candor (Walk of Shame, Dany with Drogon), but I think that the Shireen decision will be in an earlier episode - "Stannis faces a difficult decision".

It will be me happily yelling "Mother's Mercy, we're finally over the books! That's such a mercy!" I am a reader, but five years of purist whining can tire out anyone.

Also, I mostly agree with Candor (Walk of Shame, Dany with Drogon), but I think that the Shireen decision will be in an earlier episode - "Stannis faces a difficult decision".

Me too. I'll open a bottle of champagne at the very moment in which the show is over the books. I love the books, but I can't wait to see this eternal and boring "but in the books..." complains finally ended.

But i think martin said hes targeting the next book to come out before season 6 starts so we will be back to not over the books again by early next yr.

But i think martin said hes targeting the next book to come out before season 6 starts so we will be back to not over the books again by early next yr.

HAHAHAHA. Not gonna happen.

And even still, the WoW will probably be Lord Ne'erseenbifor salting meat for the coming winter; Sansa debating lemon cake recipes with young Robin ; Dany debating which perfume to gift her new seneschal; and Brienne reminiscing about her journey as she weighs her decision for ten chapters.

Season 6 will be past the books. Count on it.

I think Marg and/or Loras might be tried by the Faith or confess. Cersei asked the High Sparrow what would happen if they confessed and he replied that they would recieve the Mother's Mercy...but he didn't elaborate on what that mercy might be except to say it depends on the crime against the gods.

Aw I love that song! Bummed it wasn't on the show. I heard Sophie said she can't sing and was more nervous about that than the attempted rape scene during the KL riot so it was cut. I always hear it in my head the way Roy Dotrice sings it though....

Yeah I really wanted to hear it too... oh well, I can always just re-read the part.

Good point, that would make more sense than what we get of Stannis in the last episode's summary. Though I wonder how a successful/failed attempt on his daughter's life would affect his plans... unless he ends up giving permission for the sacrifice (really, really hoping that is not the case... and I don't see how someone like Davos could continue being loyal if that were to happen, so he'd either have to leave, or die in the midst).

I'll admit, as much as I have complaints about the show, getting beyond the books, or getting new, invented plotlines has been sorta fun. It's always great to see something adapted from book to screen, but when you've been reading the same book for a few years, getting new material is exciting.

I think Marg and/or Loras might be tried by the Faith or confess. Cersei asked the High Sparrow what would happen if they confessed and he replied that they would recieve the Mother's Mercy...but he didn't elaborate on what that mercy might be except to say it depends on the crime against the gods.

Ooh, yeah that seems like a good fit too. I wonder if Loras will die? Or both? I think if only one survived it would have to be Margaery though, for she had a lesser crime....

Mother's Mercy:

- Cersei does her walk of shame

- Dany releases Viserion and Rhaegal

- Dany show mercy to Jorah

- Dany "mhysa" shows mercy to her "children" of meereen

- Shireen is burned (which is when Jon wakes up) after "for the watch" in ep 9

This is what I believe will happen in the next 2 episodes.

King's Landing- Cersei walk of shame, and Kevan and Pycelle assasinated by Varys/Littlefinger, , with Meryn Trant/Mace Tyrell likely offed by Arya, the Rose and the Lion will be at each other's throat, no prizes for guessing that.

Mereen- The gladiatorial games turn into a mess with the Harpies razed by Drogon, we're likely to see Tyrion/Jorah/Daario be killed as well, Dany rides off with Drogon, to solve the mystery behind the death of her unborn, again no other possible outcome.

The Wall- Jon returns to the wall, and as much as they may resent Jon, the NW would not assassinate him, not while in the midst of a WW invasion, and certainly not one of the few men that killed an Other, but Olly's still an immature kid, so, yeah, it'll happen.

Ramsay sets fire to Stannis' supply lines, forcing him to burn Shireen, it most likely fails to bring back AA and lightbringer, which is why Mel runs her ass off to Castle Black.

Winterfell - In Ramsay's absence, Sansa makes her move, she has no Idea about Bran/Rickon's whereabouts, but she knows about Jon, and doesn't know about Brienne/Pod, overpowering the Bolton garrison at Winterfell seems unlikely, so, yeah, an escape attempt after screwing Myranda, Ramsay could be the one to 'challenge Jon' after that happens, will JS accept??, there ARE greater things at stake here, and he's not that close to Sansa, but if he does die in the final episode, what then??

Scenario#1- Stays dead by the end of this season, with a possible resurrection in episode 6-09, this would be great, 5-10 is too early to reveal Jon's parentage, especially without Bran, and flasback Ned, the problem, is the NW delaying Jon's funeral for 8 episodes, and excluding the Wall scenes after today's episode is not going to be easy, in fact, why include the Greyjoys in season 6th??, we know who the real bad guys are.

Scenario#2- Resurrected by Mel, and as I said, too early for lighbringer or AA, and will season 6 have enough screentime for

1.The Wall with the WW

2.King's Landing

3.Horn Hill

4.Pyke with the Greyjoys

5.Braavos for Arya

6.Tyrion in Mereen

7.Wherever the fuck Dany's at.

8.A little bit of Stannis

9.Bran and Bloodraven

10.Rickon and Sansa

11.Winterfell with the Boltons

Hell NO, looks like we're saying farewell to the God of tits and wine and Jon.

A lady with a heart of stone referred to as mother mercy in a certain appendix

She is mother merciless, so I don't think so.

Now that I think about it, I expect some characters to receive the kind of mercy that good King Joffrey gave traitor Eddard Stark.

She is mother merciless, so I don't think so.

Now that I think about it, I expect some characters to receive the kind of mercy that good King Joffrey gave traitor Eddard Stark.

It really is now or never. In her case mother's mercy may be used ironically.

Mereen- The gladiatorial games turn into a mess with the Harpies razed by Drogon, we're likely to see Tyrion/Jorah/Daario be killed as well, Dany rides off with Drogon, to solve the mystery behind the death of her unborn, again no other possible outcome.

I sincerely doubt that Tyrion, Jorah and Daario will be killed. Daario and Jorah, maybe.(please not Jorah!) They really should get rid of Daario, because he isn't doing anything onscreen but bedding Dany. But I can't see them killing Tyrion off at this point. There is way too much great TV to see with Dany and Tyrion together. I could picture Tyrion being someone to last through the whole show, especially since he is such a favorite of D&D.

Archived