Theory: Khal Jhaqo and Daenerys

Life is full of plot armour.

Hitler survived every assassination attempt made against him; the Duke of Marlborough was climbing onto his horse at the battle of Blenheim, when a cannonball missed him by a fraction, and took the head off the aide who was holding the horse for him; at the Battle of Waterloo, Colonel Ponsonby had both arms broken, and was run through with a lance. He was then used as a shield by a French sniper, and was ridden over by Prussian cavalry. He survived to become Governor of Malta. Theodora rose from being a prostitute to become co-ruler of the Roman Empire. Isabella of France overthrew her husband, Edward II, in conjunction with her love Mortimer, with the full backing of the English Church!

Plot armour didn't save Pyrrhus, nor Caesar, nor Alexander the Great, or Richard the Lionheart

What if Khal Jhaqo and his khalasar manage to kill Drogon (Lots of arrows) and Daenerys ends up being executed or bundled off to the Dosh Khaleen?

The only obvious storyline that follows that scene is, sped up and vastly oversimplified: the Dothraki see Dany riding a dragon, think to themselves 'holy &*!@, that's way cooler than anything Khal Drogo ever did', and end up following Dany en masse. How she ends up leading them to Westeros, and what happens to Khal Jhaqo, and so forth, those are all details that the author could fill out in a variety of different mechanisms, but I can't see how any storyline that doesn't follow that general arc fits in with the narrative of the story. Most specifically, the Dothraki killing Drogon would be such a radical deviation from the plot we know it, I'd give the same odds someone else did, 500:1, at the very likeliest.

Drogon returns to his lair as he always does when the night falls. Jhaqo takes Dany to VD.

Haven't read any posts of yours that suggest you like or dislike daenerys, so forgive me if what I'm about say is completely wrong but this seems like wishful thinking.

Drogon returned to his lair at the beginning of the chapter because he wasn't respecting or following daenerys commands or her orders. This is why he returned to his lair cause he wasn't really interested in doing what she wanted because at that point daenerys was still keeping her inner dragon locked up and was refusing to look back.

But at the end she did look back and she realized that meereen wasn't her place, that she was a targaryen and a dragon. Drogon sensed this and therefore followed her commands. This is because she commanded him to come down, and flew him in the directions she wanted instead of the directions he wanted. And she did this through the means of hands, legs and words, no dragonhorn or whip.

So the odds of him returning to his lair are low because he has now come to respect daenerys and her orders.

Haven't read any posts of yours that suggest you like or dislike daenerys, so forgive me if what I'm about say is completely wrong but this seems like wishful thinking.

Drogon returned to his lair at the beginning of the chapter because he wasn't respecting or following daenerys commands or orders. This is why he returned to his lair cause he wasn't really interested in doing what she wanted because at that point daenerys was still keeping her inner dragon locked up and was refusing to look back.

But at the end she did look back and she realized that meereen wasn't her place, that she was a targaryen and a dragon. Drogon sensed this and therefore followed her commands. This is because she commanded him to come down, and flew him in the directions she wanted instead of the directions he wanted. And she did this through the means of hands, legs and words, no dragonhorn or whip.

So the odds of him returning to his lair are low because he has now come to respect daenerys and her orders.

He hates Daenerys, and yes this is completely wishful thinking on his part.

Haven't read any posts of yours that suggest you like or dislike daenerys, [/]so forgive me if what I'm about say is completely wrong but this seems like wishful thinking.

Drogon returned to his lair at the beginning of the chapter because he wasn't respecting or following daenerys commands or her orders. This is why he returned to his lair cause he wasn't really interested in doing what she wanted because at that point daenerys was still keeping her inner dragon locked up and was refusing to look back.

:lol: @ the bolded (not at you or Mithras, but just because of my time on this forum and having seen many of Mithras' posts£

I feel that a Khalassar of Dothraki ( which would include several thousand archers) could certainly bring down a Young Dragon but will they in this case ? No.

In the immortal words of Freddie Mercury- the show must go on therefore Dany is immune to danger until she gets to Westeros.

at the Battle of Waterloo, Colonel Ponsonby had both arms broken, and was run through with a lance. He was then used as a shield by a French sniper, and was ridden over by Prussian cavalry. He survived to become Governor of Malta.

This is seriously hardcore!

I feel that a Khalassar of Dothraki ( which would include several thousand archers) could certainly bring down a Young Dragon but will they in this case ? No.

In the immortal words of Freddie Mercury- the show must go on therefore Dany is immune to danger until she gets to Westeros.

Khal Jhaqo only has about 50 riders with him, when he meets Dany and Drogo. My guess is the horses would bolt as soon as Drogon breathed fire.

This is seriously hardcore!

Pretty much. On checking his story, I see he was also wounded at the Battle of Salamanca, and took a sabre cut at Waterloo. He eventually reached the rank of Major General.

Pretty much. On checking his story, I see he was also wounded at the Battle of Salamanca, and took a sabre cut at Waterloo. He eventually reached the rank of Major General.

Yet some people think that "Jon Snow IS dead."

After a couple of arrows bounce off Drogon's scales he burns the shit out of the Dothraki and suddenly Dany has a shitload of horse jerky to take to starving Westeros.

A civilian plunging a spear into Drogon was able to draw blood.

My prediction: Drogon will leave, as he always does at night. Dany will be taken to VD for "trial". Drogon will return and she will ride him to demonstrate that she's magic and strong or some BS. Some Dothraki will join her. Others, such as Mago's followers, will splinter off. She spends her time managing this Dothraki on Dothraki war while Vicky G, Barristan, and Tyrion fight the battle of Meereen and try to clean up after.

She returns to find Meereen destroyed and her followers heavily reduced in numbers, and goes on to take her remaining Dothraki + Unsullied + Sellswords on a mad sacking spree across Essos, as half the states depleted their armies in the battle, thanks to the Tattered Prince, Victarion Greyjoy, and the pale mare messing everything up. She'll smash apart Yunkai while Victarion and his Ironborn destroy New Ghis and the minor city-states along the Slaver's Bay coast (e.g. Tolos) before making her way to Volantis and letting it implode from slave revolts. Then she'll loot whatever she can from Volantis, possibly marry Vic, and make her way to Pentos. She'll sack it as well (she'll lose a lot of Dothraki in the process, but who cares? They're worthless in Westeros) and give it to the Tattered Prince, who will rule as her governor. Book 6 will end with her arriving in Westeros.

Danny jumps on drogon and unleashes her trur nature (blood and fire) on the khal she swore to kill. Flies back to mereen to find the batlle raging and burns the slavers army. This could really kick danny imto gear and with the iron fleet maybe we see her finally leaves mereen.

Archived