(Spoilers All) The True King

Stannis is dead guys.

Episode 10's director admitted it in an interview + D&D said it in "behind the episode" too.

LMAO at y'all arguing about it.

lets argue about how fucked up is this show. Who's left ? Dany ? lmao

I was one of the staunchest supporters of D&D. And I never liked Stannis much either.

However, I have to admit that this was the worst character rape ever. Stannis defeated by Ramsay in an off-screen battle? Looks like the Northerners don't remember much in the TV show.

It wasn't really off screen they showed his small army getting surrounded by a horde did they really need to show the massacre? Now I don't want to dismiss your point entirely because stannis has been with us since what season 1? It does seem like a bit of a weird end for him. I'm a bit torn how it was handled. You could certainly tell he was a broken man at the end. I guess my only complaint is they should have dedicated a whole or half an episode to him at the end, but alas that's one of the restrictions of TV. We can argue that they should have removed Dorne for more space but Dorne could be a major player coming up so we just don't know. This season may have just been sort of an intro for Dorne.

I'm only a show watcher who has read a ton about the books I just haven't actually read the books yet. But I personally will miss stannis if he's gone. To me he was one of those grey characters that had really human qualities about them. But it's hard to come back from burning your daughter. Maybe that's what the message of his character is that ambition can be the downfall of a man and commentary on what some people are willing to do for their ambitions. I dunno.

I'm honestly really depressed today over Jon and Stannis and if Jon doesn't come back I will be really sad. I was really invested in him. I keep trying to tell myself he will return

How did y'all not see this coming? He defeated the 50 best Ironborn warriors without a shirt, infiltrated Stannis' camp with his elite Spec Ops crew, and is a master tracker and actor.

Next to the Fokin Legend of Gin Alley, Ramsay is probably the most dangerous killer in Westeros.

patetic is to realize that in order to Stannis sacrifice his daughter in the books, he needs to win the battle..... if he loses he is just innocent of this sacrifice..... in other words D&D screw up his characterization..... i don't know why, but I think is just that he did not die a hero......

If they don't show it on screen, then it's probably not true. I feel like he is alive (wounded)

Stannis is not dead. My theory is that Brienne changed her mind at the last second and hit the tree above Stannis's head, hence the noise we hear.

I think she was moved by his human, matter-of-fact quality. She didn't expect a man like that at all. She's intrigued. What will happen with Stannis I do not know but this wasn't his last moment IMO. I can see some possible Brienne-Stannis scenarios and a counterattack on Winterfell with an army of wildlings.

No body, no dead. I've gone over GOT's Inside The Episode #10 and haven't heard D&D confirming his death either.

Stannis is not dead. My theory is that Brienne changed her mind at the last second and hit the tree above Stannis's head, hence the noise we hear.

I think she was moved by his human, matter-of-fact quality. She didn't expect a man like that at all. What will happen with Stannis I do not know but this wasn't his last moment IMO. I can see some possible scenarios Brienne-Stannis and a counterattack on Winterfell with an army of wildlings behind Stannis.

No body, no dead. I've gone over Inside THe Episode #10 and haven't heard the producers confirming his death at all.

you dumb the sound you hear is the sword of ramsay through a soldier..

thats called editing...

There is no way in hell that they would kill off 2 main characters in such a mediocre fashion. If you believe this then you must not know how to look at a TV properly.

If Stannis is dead.. so be it.. but WTF? All that time wasted watching his shit for that? I don't believe it, not yet!

And Jon.. dead and gone? Yea right!

It's a fucking cliffhanger yall..

TBH I don't get all the hate for show Stannis. Personally, I'm not his greatest fan, I liked him as a character in the show and I like him as a character in the books. To me, fanatical book Stannis' fans are as annoying as fanatical Dany's fans.

Anyway, I think that Dillane was perfect in the last few episodes. IMO Stannis' storyline in this season is tragic. Shireen's sacrifice was painful and watching Stannis losing his army, his wife, even his Red Witch before being swallowed and brutally crushed by the Boltons was just as painful. In the end, Shireen's sacrifice was all for nothing and Stannis essentially became NO ONE just before his death. The whole thing made me very sad, especially considering the fact that I remember the whole Stannis the Mannis thingy from the Blackwater. And Mel's face when she returned to Castle Black was priceless from a narrative perspective.

I'm also worried about the final outcome of the Battle of the Ice in the book now. I'm not sure how much of a spoiler episode 10 was in that regard. The battle itself will be different for sure, but as for the final outcome... I'm not sure.

Didn't Stannis previously tell Davos his biggest mistake at the Battle of Blackwater Bay was not bringing Melisandre? Now he just decides to roll the dice and attack Winterfell after Melisandre high tails it back to Castle Black?

This is very similar to the battle of Ice.

Stannis is isolated, with almost no mounted soldiers. And Ramsay + freys + manderlys are riding towards him.

So basically , yes, stannis lost the battle of ice and the pink letter is true.

This is very similar to the battle of Ice.

Stannis is isolated, with almost no mounted soldiers. And Ramsay + freys + manderlys are riding towards him.

So basically , yes, stannis lost the battle of ice and the pink letter is true.

How did he sacrifice his daughter in the book, then, as Benioff claimed?

Oops that is true, but then again I don't trust Bloodraven or the COTF one bit. As for the Khaleesi National Party.... :rolleyes: lol

Hmm. So the swift boating of Brandon Stark begins:

Just who is Brandon Stark? And just who is he working for? Can Brandon Stark really be trusted?

Hi, I'm Dany Stormborn, and I approve this message.

Paid for, by the Khaleesi National Party's Comittee to Elect The Khaleesi as ruler of the known universe, AA, TPTWP, and the Last Hero.

How did he sacrifice his daughter in the book, then, as Benioff claimed?

he will not sacrifice his daughter.

first, grrm made it clear that the scene was not written yet. So ther's still a chance she does not die.

And even if she dies, its pretty obvious now that Melisandre will burn her. Stannis has no way to correspond with melisandre. he is lost in the middle of a blizzard and the only he could send a message to castle black was through justin massey. but we know he left for Castle black with no messages for Melisandre...

So if Shireen dies, it will be the work of melisandre or the wildlings (since they said she was evil).

--> melisandre might resurrect Jon. I believe he's Azor ahai and will be born amidst smoke and salt.

Just who is Brandon Stark? And just who is he working for? Can Brandon Stark really be trusted?

Paid for, by the Khaleesi National Party's Comittee to Elect The Khaleesi as ruler of the known universe, AA, TPTWP, and the Last Hero.

Not swiftboating, been saying it since 2011 and I didn't mention Bran, mentioned about COTF and Bloodraven. Bran is grey though, like Dany. I think Bloodraven is going to try and get Brant o do some really dodgy things, I just some Bran has the fortitude to do the right thing, coz Dany certainly cant do it all on her own. There is no central hero to this story.

Wow you compared Dany fandom to fascism with that National Party nonsense, <slow clap> well done, I'm sure you are proud of yourself. No wonder most Dany fans have had to retreat to the reread thread in these forums.

All these flavors and you choose to be salty.

Archived