Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

As with several other moments in this episode, I'm baffled by the confirmation that Jon is dead. If this is the case then it will absolutely feel like a wasted character arc. If not and he is resurrected, why all the denials?

GRRM has handled this quite well; he has kept quiet on the subject save for a few cheeky hints. "You think he's dead do you?"

To outright claim that Jon is dead will win them no favours if that is true and outright annoy people if it's false.

The entire story line makes no sense without Jon and Dany. Without these two, there is no "Song of Ice and Fire".

Just a quick question, if anyone knows.

Where is the money? Is it mainly in the show, or mainly in the book?

This probably determines which we will see first, in terms of season 6/book 6, and which direction the 'spoilers' will go.

It is possible there is *far* more money to be made from the show now... for everyone involved, including GRRM.

This season was a huge disappointment….There were so many epic things from the books they left out…for what? Burning Shireen? Tyrion with Dany? More and more character assassination? Here’s my issues…

Ghost is apparently Sam’s wolf now, he didn’t go with Jon to Hardhome so he could save Sam and Gilly, and when Jon really needs him he just simply doesn’t exist? I seriously watched that last scene screaming in my head “SAY IT! GHOST!!!” Did he go with Sam to OldTown? I guess it doesn’t matter bc Mel just abandoned her king after convincing him to burn his daughter alive, teleporting back to the Wall.

And apparently since Jon is in charge the men of the Night’s Watch can have sex now, “yeah Sam lost his V-card! Go Sam!” I guess Gilly almost being raped wasn’t enough to stop her from sleeping with Sam btw (I guess D&D forgot Shae’s amazing logic from previous seasons about women and the almost raped Tysha). Why’d they leave out the chaos for the traitor sign? Seriously???

Dany being gone almost doesn’t matter if there isn’t a huge army storming the gates, the “civil war” seems to only care about killing her off. The Yunkish and Astapori coming for war made her being lost way more devastating, and Drogon is too hurt to fly and get food, so she leaves him there to die? Only to get surrounded by Dothraki. Has anyone lost a ring in the grass IRL? YOU WILL NEVER FIND IT AGAIN. Yet you know Jorah and Daario will find it next season…facepalm.

Arya’s scenes were somewhat good, although kinda boring until this episode. Although they could have just reminded us of Syrio Forrell and we would have hated Trant without the beating/raping of young girls.

Dorne was a complete waste. The only good thing I see coming from it is now Dorne will back Dany. Jaime’s chapters were my fave in the books, and they totally ruined his story. He tells Myrcella he’s her father? She’s always known and is happy? WTF is this? Why do they keep telling people their treason?! First Tywin, now Myrcella. Yet they tried to kill Bran to keep it all hush hush. YOU CAN STILL BE TRIED FOR TREASON IF THE KING IS DEAD.

Stannis…omg. So apparently there ISN’T power in King’s Blood. Balon is still alive? Shireen’s sacrifice was for nothing? I guess Stannis burning his daughter thus making half his army leave his side is “better tv” than half his army dying from the snowstorm. I’ve loved Stannis since Cat’s line in aCwK “It’s Stannis!” at Renly’s camp. I choose to ignore his story in the show. And he just gives up! Brienne…ugh. She stares at that window for how long, sees Stannis’ flag and just walks away? Way to uphold your honor, mi’lady.

HOW THE FUCK DO THEON AND SANSA SURVIVE THAT JUMP. No way they aren’t severely injured. And now we don’t get any dialogue between Stannis and Theon, unless Brienne stops mid-swing and doesn’t kill him.

Sorry, I know this was all over the place. My brain needed to vomit all this out. All the other Rant threads were always closed by the time I went to post so it all came out at once. haha

As with several other moments in this episode, I'm baffled by the confirmation that Jon is dead. If this is the case then it will absolutely feel like a wasted character arc. If not and he is resurrected, why all the denials?

GRRM has handled this quite well; he has kept quiet on the subject save for a few cheeky hints. "You think he's dead do you?"

To outright claim that Jon is dead will win them no favours if that is true and outright annoy people if it's false.

Indeed, after reading the whole article, I'm 99% sure that Jon Snow is permanently dead on the show and that means an end to the wall's other characters. Sam and Gilly will be back, but at Oldtown. Mel will show up somewhere else, but I admit there is a possibility that she will show up at the wall, a small chance I say. But who will she interact with there anyway? It's also possible she will simply disappear.

Well, saying that he is dead is not the same thing as saying he won't live again. But that is a subject they shouldn't say ANYTHING about. Like the Shireen debacle: do what you want on the show and leave us guessing, but never, ever outright spoil readers. We remember.

OMG, I'm an awful person but during the whole scene I couldn't help but wonder "are they going to drag her away a la Dolores Umbridge to gang rape her??". Because, really, why not?

yeah but you know exactly what will happen. she will be in PERIL!!!!! OMG. Are they going rape her? kill her? OMG.

And then drogon will fly in and dracarys them. there is not even any question about it.

This probably determines which we will see first, in terms of season 6/book 6, and which direction the 'spoilers' will go.

It is possible there is *far* more money to be made from the show now... for everyone involved, including GRRM.

The profits of the books go to two places....GRRM himself (off his advance and royalties) and to the Publisher. That's it.

The shows royalties are split amongst 500 different people. GRRM sold the rights to GOT to HBO, so he got his money that way, but since he also helps collaborate on the show, I'm sure he gets a small cut. But the majority of GRRM's money lies within the books.

Well, saying that he is dead is not the same thing as saying he won't live again. But that is a subject they shouldn't say ANYTHING about. Like the Shireen debacle: do what you want on the show and leave us guessing, but never, ever outright spoil readers. We remember.

Kit said he will not be coming back next season. So yeah, in this context he won't live again. Read the article.

Game of Thrones star on that shocking death: 'I'm not coming back'

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview

I seriously doubt that GRRM's interest now is in money. I guess he will be royally pissed, that these morons are ruining his most important work. And I would wager, that he is hell-bent on finishing his books in style and asap.

The WoS was well done in terms of productions and portraying it as just a scene. But it lacked something important.

It was meant to BREAK Cersei.

She starts as "I'm so hawt people is so going to want to jump on me and rape me".

If people is now saying "wow, Lena has a great pair of teats!" they completely missed the point. We're meant to find out Cersei's beauty was only in her head and in Jaime's heart. Cersei pretty much says "but Jaime told me I'm beautiful!" and yes, he saw her like that like many husbands keep watching their wives perfect even after five kids. It's called love. We realise then how much Jaime considers her like his wife and why he's so hurt.

That's what breaks her, because she realises she's not the great lion she believed.

In the show, she started the whole thing already broken.

Kit said he will not be coming back next season. So yeah, in this context he won't live again. Read the article.

Game of Thrones star on that shocking death: 'I'm not coming back'

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview

Bran and Hodor weren't even in this season a single second, but that doesn't mean they perished.

If they are planning on going the "Warging into Ghost" storyline for Season 6 (which has been hinted at in both the books and D&D), then no, Kit won't be in season 6 physically (much like Bran, Meera, and Hodor).

Bran and Hodor weren't even in this season a single second, but that doesn't mean they perished.

If they are planning on going the "Warging into Ghost" storyline for Season 6 (which has been hinted at in both the books and D&D), then no, Kit won't be in season 6 physically (much like Bran, Meera, and Hodor).

an entire season? THE season?

Season 6 should be the epic one leading to the end.

Either Kit really got fed up and went away, or he was actually written out, or they all lie to keep up the momentum of people being crazy about his death.

What does Bran and Hoder have to do with anything? Did they die on the show? I know, I know people are goint to Lady-Stone-Heart this until the last episode of GoT. D&D cut the character, so they can focus on other things, and unfortunately this is going to be the hard truth.

If Sansa and Theon don't have broken legs/ankles at the least next season, then they must have legs of iron, and I want their workout DVD

Eta: autocorrected to Samsa? :dunno:

Oh, I've just had another thought about the 'leap' by Theon and Sansa. It did look like they jumped from too great a height and should plunge about twenty feet down into the snowbanks (just giving the benefit of the doubt on depth, LOL) and then be suffocated if they manage not to hit the ground and break their legs or something. BUT, let's say, for arguments sake that the snow WAS nice and deep...wouldn't there be a big, hard, heavy crust of ice on top from all the weather fluctuation, ie.....first snowing, then Shireen induced melting, and BAM........that should be a giant slab of ice that they are landing on, and therefore, it should be hard to figure out which bone was originally from which body? I know, silly me, thinking about it, right?

LOL at those articles pointing out this season was nothing but shock value based on violence and sexual violence. We were been telling them that since ep. 1 and they said we were nothing but nerds.

Honestly yeah that really does explain the show now. The showrunners in interviews always are going on about revenge, anyone can die and shock. That's all they got out of Martin's books. They would have completely botched a property like Mad Men or Breaking Bad.

The worst part is they don't get character ambiguity. Either the character is a saint like Tyrion or they are like Satannis a ridiculous villian that they'll humiliate any way they can. They probably wouldn't even be able to handle the ambiguity of the characters in Lost. In the inside the episode they call Aliiser Thorne a bad guy. I didn't mind him stabbing Jon if he was trying to protect the watch but why would they need to call him a bad guy. He's a complex man. At least he's not as butchered as Stannis.

The entire story line makes no sense without Jon and Dany. Without these two, there is no "Song of Ice and Fire".

The show is not about "a song of ice and fire" The main character is Tyrion Lannister. The Tv show has already established that he is the chosen one, and him and maybe Dany will stop the great other on the show.

Archived