Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

I mostly hated the Kleenex tissue dispenser sequence of Arya pulling up faces until she gets to her own. If it was a dream, okay then?

And I keep wondering what Melisandre's actual talents are. She can apparently drink poison and make murdering shadow babies, but she seems a bit of a charlatan otherwise. All along I thought she was Stannis' Ace of spades.

R'hllor. What is it good for? Absolutely nuthin'

Like the amazing and awesome Big Bucket, the Wull, who D&D luckily did not butcher in the show, said: "Rahloo means nothing here" (And here is the north of course).

Honestly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with "very simple yet entertaining show" , but that's not what most of us expected from an Asoiaf adaptation :dunno:

She'll lose one feet, in the books at least. that needs to happen :smoking:

:agree: Those very simple yet entertaining shows can be amazing in their own right. But ASOIAF and GoT (at least in the beginning) did not aspire to be that, I believe.

Has there been any consensus reached on Jon's fate given the EW article. I was pretty confident based on the books, but now I am irrationally concerned. They wouldn't spoil that big of a question for WoW would they?

I am still so annoyed by so much of this episode and this season. When half your story lines are considerably worse than their book counterparts, maybe you should follow the source more. Dorne, Brienne, and Sansa were all wastes of screen time.

Giggagotz refers in his review to the Game of Thrones Viewer's Guide. In that Guide Myrcella, Stannis and Jon Snow are all mentioned as being killed/murdered.

I really starting to question who do we have left? Davos and Melisandra, what are their meaning/use without Stannis, and maybe for Mel also Jon.

The reason why they would had to teleport Mel to the Wall, would be for resurrecting Jon, no? Why would they let her leave Jon for any other reason? She is really a bwitch (and I first thought ironically they should burn like a witch she is, but...)

Where would Theon and Sansa go? To the Wall, where they killed her (half-)brother?

Okay, I must admit they either killed or ruined my favorite characters or they don't come (anymore) in the show (all the Northern Lord, Bran, Meera)

Does Theon even really have a "redemption"? The spear wives (lol wut r women?) force him to help them, and then he decides it'd be better for him and Jeyne to die than face Ramsay. It's like, a moment of clarity, but it's not like he's some fucking heroic figure. It's much more tragic.

Also re: Jon "is supes dead," this show doesn't do two things: nuance and backstory. They would NOT be giving us the R+L=J sledgehammer for him to really be gone. Good luck covering up those casting leaks.

The worst thing is, they actually started to mention Rhaeger, Lyanna and Jon's mother in episode 4. So why would they do that, if they killed of of Jon.

I just think it is very confusing. I really believe, when Kit and D&D (I actually love Gaston and Lefou for this, especially their arrogance can be like Gaston's arrogance) are saying Jon is dead. But at the same time they were setting small pieces of R+L=J-reveal and Mel's arrival at the Wall for his resurrection. But then at the time I was someone willing to believe in Talisa's conspiracy theory (which I thought was a nice idea) and in Cersei setting Jaime up with the necklace (to explain the 3 or 4 necklaces- I know Sansa has one and what was that about Shae and a necklace?). So yeah... I keep giving D&D too much credit. *Sigh*, I have always been too naive.

(I was even aboard for Benjen's return; I hoped he would turn up after the Iden; I just hope for him he is actually dead. Because why would you want to see happening to that to your families: Father and brother murdered by MK, sister is dead for us unknown reasons, brother executed, sister-in-law and nephew 1 killed at the RW, we all know what happened to Sansa, niece 1, niece 2 is turned into assassin; nephew 2 is crippled and is getting brainwashed by BR(or maybe BR is just a good old man) and nephew 3 has been murdered.

His other family, BR, was killed by deserters, killed during the battle, deserted or was involved in the murder of his nephew except for the small of his brother who were not involved in all those things. How many would that be? Just stay away, Benjen! Still I hate they used him to manipulate us.

But yeah, D&D are awesome (or at least they try) at manipulation. If I look back, I must admit they are some scenes I like. You know those VERY few moments where the actors are just talking together. Sometimes the content was strange, but I still loved them. For example, the scene between Dany and Barristan about Rhaegar. If you really want to be a purist, you would probably say Rhaegar would never sing in those taverns. I however still liked, because it actually is a reference to the some stories about royals disguising themselves to be under the people. But the interaction between Dany and Barry was really sweet (one of the greater moments of Emilia), but then .... Barry died to be replaced by St.Tyrion. You can say the same about Shireen and Davos and Shireen and Stannis. They were great scenes, but they were also part of their manipulation. So the fact they tried to manipulate me, destroyed those moments! So which scenes do I still like? Very difficult to find one.

But what really gets me annoyed, is they always try to do the opposite of GRRM. BookEllaria is against revenge, ShowEllaria totally not; Instead of Tyrion angry at Jaime, we have Jaime at Tyrion, while in the books Jaime just feels guilty because he believes he was guitly for his father's death; Cersei will probably get mad Jaime, while in the books Jaime actually is just done with her. Instead of Jon sending Sam away, here Sam wants to go to Oldtown. This are few examples, but they are probable more.

Another fact I get seriously annoyed with his, the changing of the iconic lines (Olly instead of Ghost, Only Cat, ...) or letting them say by someone else. There is a reason why those things are said by certain persons. If you let not them say it in your show, just don't use them.

I even think this is the one of the major reasons why some(?) Book Fans dislike D&D's adaptation. This is just trolling with us!

(And during the time I was busy with this rant, more than 60 posts have been posted)

If Sansa and Theon don't have broken legs/ankles at the least next season, then they must have legs of iron, and I want their workout DVD

Eta: autocorrected to Samsa? :dunno:

Lord, the infomercial for that would be hysterical!!

Three eyed raven? RAVEN?! What the fuck. Oh hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster and yeah I'm still stuck on the three eyed raven. That's why these rant and rave threads have been my therapy for a few years now. So thank you for all the laughs, you guys are hilarious... but also kinda fuck you in a way too... because of you all, that Olly/Jon Snow scene last night which should have made me cry made me laugh and it's all your fault. :laugh: Just one more testimony to how much of a farce this show is now.

My dreams, from now on:

Me: Have they told you who I am?
D&D: Some snob book reader.
Me: I am a follower of Stannis the Mannis. Do you know why I have come all the way to this stinking, shit-pile of a show? For you. I'm going to hear you confess. You raped my king. You murdered him. You killed his children. Say it now and we can make this quick. Say it. You raped him. You murdered him. You killed his children. You raped him! You murdered him! You killed his children! Say it. Say his name. Stannis Baratheon. Say it!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

If you die before you say his name I'll chase you through ALL SEVEN HELLS!!!!

-----

God bless you ser, god bless you. The King is not dead. The king is currently grinding his teeth after reading the fanfiction dispatches known as D&D's shooting script.

Me: But your grace, it is fruitless to want to change things now, so late.....

GRRM: I am the author. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my fans. To my characters. Even to the fans of the show only. They love me but little and never bothered to read a book, but they are fans nonetheless. David and Dan baited them with the promise of hope and proceeded to ruin every character, theme and gravitas the story had. They may have poisoned the cultural well of my work beyond the books for years to come. For that there should be justice, starting with David and Dan and their abominations masquerading as my characters, but only starting. I mean to scour that show clean, as I ought to when the idiots had Jaime rape Cersei.

Exactly. They showed Jon get stabbed to death, and D&D and Kit said Jon on the show is dead. I believe them. Otherwise they are deliberately lying to their audience and will lose all credibility.

That ship has sailed.

I still haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been posted yet, but even if it is, it doesn't hurt posting it again, for it is a thing of beauty:

http://8tracks.com/alicehewitt/balon-greyjoy-the-one-true-king

All hail the One True King, Balon Greyjoy, winner of the War of the Five Kings!

What is dead may never die, but rises again with even less screentime! We do not show!

"Call yourself King of the Iron islands, no one will care... until the wars are over, and the victor looks about and spies the old fool perched off his shore with an iron crown on his head.”

It turns out that Balon had a solid strategy after all.

One additional error the atlantic guys noticed that I didn't was that Selyse looked to be too high up in the tree to have hanged herself, even though it's almost certain she was meant to have killed herself in the show. Just another example of their piss poor attention to detail.

This! That's yet another thing that completely took me out of the show (or, would have, had I actually been "in" the show experience in any way). I immediately thought to myself "Man! Selyse sure climbed a long way up that tree to hang herself! I wonder how/why she did that?!"

Uh oh. Let the honey pot conspiracies begin.

HA! You know there will be plenty! :P

If Sansa and Theon don't have broken legs/ankles at the least next season, then they must have legs of iron, and I want their workout DVD

Well, she might as well to have waken up one day to realise she was completely changed into something else...

Legs? There were like 2 cm of snow below the wall at most and that wall was at least 30 meters, if they somehow survive it would be absolutely ridiculous.

Well, we'll see. I guess I'm just tired of building up hopes, only to be let down, like many here. I suppose getting the next book by early next year might mitigate some of this. But man, it's been a tough last two years.

Sweet summer child... LOL

With a wagon FULL of stuff. Two people in their situation can't possibly own that much stuff, nor need that much food, so I found myself wondering what they were carrying. Even if they were taking letters from the men southward... that was a big wagon full of stuff.

They had probably captured Ghost to take him to Oldtown!

You'll have a year of hope I guess. But my money is on everything is as it appears to be. Jon Snow in the show is gone. In case you didn't know, St. Tyrion is the "prince that was promised" and "AA." And yes they would do that in the show even if it's not in the books.

You are forgetting the Last Hero aka Wormhole lord Littlefinger.

First time poster, was so disappointed in the series finale! The Dorne story was poor all series and then this?! Why kill Myrcella? Purely for the shock value it didn't add anything to the story, The way Jons' death was done was poorly handled and also by mentioning Benjen got fans excited for no reason other than yet again shock value, it seems all these two idiots care about is how much they can shock the audience. I don't mind them wanting to change from the books but if they are going to do it it should be to enhance the story, which they haven't done what so ever. All they care about is the shock value judging from what they have done with this series they clearly do not have any sort of plan to go forward with. It seemed like they decided to take Shireen and Mel to with Stannis for the shock of having her killed in front of everyone and then once they done that they panic'd and realised shit we haven't got any one at the wall to bring Jon back, so they put her back there within half a day which is ridiculous and totally spoils the realism in the show, they will probably put the Tardis in the series to go back in time and change some of the shit they have created!

I cannot believe they cut out "she burned as bright as any man, and so shall I" to give us "you need a bad p***y" instead.

Pussy isn't a medieval term is it? Is it?

Archived