Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

Heh! Of course, I'm nitpicking! This show hasn't deserved the benefit of the doubt for years now! I mean, if it were still mostly or even sort of "good" then I might be more inclined to let some things slide but as it is...nope, everything's fair game for criticism :P

Another thing that's already been mentioned plenty but I just feel like pointing it out again is: Why did it look like Sansa and Theon were leaping from the top o' The freakin' Wall (and into a mere skiff o' snow)?!!

Details?! WTF are details?!!! :bang:

Well, obviously, if you jump from one side of that wall, you die, but if you do it on the other, you are unscratched. That's totally ok. Equally, it makes perfect sense for Selyse to climb that tree like a monkey before jumping from it to her death by hanging. Equally, Melisandre can quickly give birth to a supersonic horse. Subsequently, Brienne, who spent 8 episodes staring at the Broken Tower, will avert her eyes a second before that stupid candle is lit. And that candle shines like a spotlight. It is all perfectly logical. Myrcella saying to Jaime - yeah, I'm cool with incest and I'm not damaged by the fact that my uncle is my father is also logical, because she is so pretty and blond. Stop with that book purist nitpicking already. Go with the D&D tide of BS.

Awful. Just awful. *turns away from the show, refusing further watches and purchases*

The Books remember.

"The books remember, Lord Ran. The books remember, and this mummer's farce is almost done. My copy of The Winds of Winter has almost arrived"

yeah, he seemed very injured by two spears and a torn wing, doesn't bode well for dragons living....

but, of course the show doesn't make sense. because based on drogon and the unsullied, dany doesn't have a chance in hell once she gets to westeros.

they're saving that CGI for next year i guess.

Imagine if they come up against Rambo and his 20 good men...

I just watched the first part of Elio and Linda's Episode 10 review. When even the people who don't like Stannis are calling bullshit, you know you done fucked it up.

Did D&D even read the books past the Red Wedding? I'm not even joking. This feels like the adaptation I'd get if my source material was Cliff Notes of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Last season's biggest flaws came in part because of the Sainthood of one Tyrion Lannister. He pulled a Loki when his character's popularity basically rewrote the character's intended trajectory. HBO and D&D felt the fans would not appreciate their beloved littlest of the Lannisters having any moral gray area at all, let alone the truly dark, fucked up stuff that ended A Storm of Swords.

This season just feels....empty. Like they read a Cliff Notes abridged copy of the books, got the basic plot points in a check list and bored out of their skulls turned in first drafts of their "adaptation" and sent it out to be shot.

1.) Where the flying fuck are all the Northern lords? This is a major plot engine for A Dance with Dragons. It tells us the North is far from beaten. Their lords are rebuilding, training, planning. They are quietly and savagely biding their time to make the Boltons and Freys pay for their betrayals. It colors every aspect of the building tension and inner-workings of the plot. It gives Stannis an opening to drive his whole campaign through and possibly pull off the coup of all coups by securing the North and restoring the Starks.

2.) Where the actual fuck are the Ironborn? Going back to Season 4's downright pathetic "rescue mission"---the only good thing therein being Ramsay's shirtless, blood-stained Olympian physique (though it is plenty creepy that this show has turned Ramsay Snow into some kind of sex symbol)---we saw "Yara" take her super trained killers to storm the DreadKennels in search of her brother. I say DreadKennels because apparently the Bolton's live in a big stone dog kennel. I saw nothing else there to suggest a castle. Odd that. So where did they go? We already got Balon telling her to seize Deepwood Motte, and it was never taken back by Ramsay....soooo, what? They couldn't tear us away from the Oh-so-important Sand Snakes playing slappies to give us a two second confirmation that there are such a people as the Ironborn?

.....*sigh* I knew it was going to be bad after the bullshit that was the last episode. But I never thought it would be this bad.

I also failed to rant last week about everyone in the pit surrounding Dany having long spears and not ONE PERSON throwing a spear at anyone?!>!>!>!

Who choreorgraphs this stuff?

D&D like to surround themselves with likeminded people... on the brain scale.

Oh wait, OMG........I just realized as I sat here wondering if we are even supposed to be worried about Drogon and I just remembered:

No release of Rhaegal and Viserion? Um..........what's up with that, we can't have Tyrion look.....incompetent? Or, did they really run out of money for effects. I'm still not sure what we are supposed to think about Drogon, sleepy, bratty, really in danger, and his mom, what, didn't care? LOL

OMG I FORGOT TOO AHH

Imagine if they come up against Rambo and his 20 good men...

Unfortunately Achilles-Ramsay only has 19 left. One of them died taking down 100 Baratheon knights!

Oh wait, OMG........I just realized as I sat here wondering if we are even supposed to be worried about Drogon and I just remembered:

No release of Rhaegal and Viserion? Um..........what's up with that, we can't have Tyrion look.....incompetent? Or, did they really run out of money for effects. I'm still not sure what we are supposed to think about Drogon, sleepy, bratty, really in danger, and his mom, what, didn't care? LOL

They wasted all the budget in whores and crack. That explains everything.

If Kit is really really gone and he's not returning ever to the show, they completely butchered the whole Ice and Fire mythology of the story.

I'm sure then Tyrion will sit on the throne, then :dunno:

C'mmn you know better than to believe this. But hey who knows D&D might have decided Kit isn't kingly enough and are prolly looking for another actor who'll have silver hair and violet eyes.

The WoS was well done in terms of productions and portraying it as just a scene. But it lacked something important.

It was meant to BREAK Cersei.

She starts as "I'm so hawt people is so going to want to jump on me and rape me".

If people is now saying "wow, Lena has a great pair of teats!" they completely missed the point. We're meant to find out Cersei's beauty was only in her head and in Jaime's heart. Cersei pretty much says "but Jaime told me I'm beautiful!" and yes, he saw her like that like many husbands keep watching their wives perfect even after five kids. It's called love. We realise then how much Jaime considers her like his wife and why he's so hurt.

That's what breaks her, because she realises she's not the great lion she believed.

In the show, she started the whole thing already broken.

Right, because Carol isn't arrogant and delusional. She was contrite in her talk with Grandpa Sparrow. As always it was a moment stripped of its context.

For me, however, it was one of two scenes I was able to enjoy just because I projected the books onto it and the production of it was well-done. The other one was Arya burying Needle. But without the books, I can't see how that hits what it was supposed to. It just reeked of wasted potential in the end.

Weren't we suppose to have a Varamyr and a sort of Darkstar?

Varamyr's role will be absorbed by Olly. Next year, we will learn that he can warg into knives.

Darkstar is obviously Ellaria. "I am of the night" is totally something she would say in the show.

Why not? She can go to each of 7 kingdoms and marry someone.

She's "making the eight" in the most horrible way possible.

Just a few years ago, I actually flew out from Florida to California to watch the finale with some of my old friends from college. When we were in school together, we took turns hosting viewing parties in our apartments. There were turkey legs, mead, lemon cakes, and cosplay. We even played the board game.

One time you even brought musicians around to play a queer song before slowly beckoning to your sleeve to one of your friends, revealing chainmail beneath. You still have a red patch where she slapped you.

Did D&D even read the books past the Red Wedding? I'm not even joking.

This x 1000. I remember reading articles that D&D really just wanted to get to the RW to have it on film. They accomplished that, and at that point in the show, although there were som eminor issues, it was still very good and th eplot seemed to consistently have prupose. After that, it seems that they had no planned for long ocntinued plot after the RW, and the show fell into the pile of steaming *%$@ is has become today.

Archived