Cersei's revenge

hallam

When she finds out about Myrcella she will plunge even further into crazy mode and this will destroy her relationship with Jaime (which has not happened yet on the show) and Tommen dying will be the final straw, making her Aerys 2.0. She has nothing left to live for and the whole city humiliated her. Burn them all.

Why would Cersei even bother with a trial on the show? She's out of their hands, she has UnGregor and all her Lannister guards/Kingsguard, there are no septas staying with her in the keep. She could easily just have them all massacred.

Because uncle Kevan is in charge now and her power was just broken by the walk. Clearing her name would be the first step to re-establishing herself as a political force.

When she finds out about Myrcella she will plunge even further into crazy mode and this will destroy her relationship with Jaime (which has not happened yet on the show) and Tommen dying will be the final straw, making her Aerys 2.0. She has nothing left to live for and the whole city humiliated her. Burn them all.

I completely agree. Cersei will command Qyburn to release the Wildfire and after she gives the command, Jaime will add "Queen Slayer" to his list of names. But Qyburn will succeed in his task and Kings Landing will be burned. I also believe Tommen may die as a result of a rebellion started by the Faith Militant. This should wrap up all the prophecies regarding Cersei in a nice bloody bow!

I totally agree with you guys : as soon as I've seen Varys in Mereen, I knew that Kevan and Pycelle would be killed by Cersei (or maybe Littlefinger). That's what she needs to do to be in charge again. Gregor will be busy in King's landing! :drunk:

With Tommen dead she has no real power either does she? Who does the throne pass to (can it actually pass to her?)

Tommen is Cersei's only lifeline to the Iron Throne. Without him, her place in King's Landing is precarious at best. She already sees and understands that her people have absolutely no love for her and, in fact, despise her.

Basically, in her efforts to discredit, punish and remove Margaery from her place as Queen she has actually discredited, punished and removed herself from her own place as Queen. Yes, she still retains that title but now all power and meaning of it has been stripped from her. It all goes back to Varys' conversation with Tyrion (at this time acting Hand of the King) in Book 2/Season 2. "Power is a shadow on a wall" meaning power resides with whomever is perceived by the people to have said power. It is intangible and fleeting by nature. The people no longer fear or respect Cersei so she no longer has any effectual power over the people.

Benioff said in the Inside the Episode that the line in the script when UnGregor picks up Cersei is "vengeance will be hers." So yeah, there's a reckonin a-comin.

I remember that character in the books vaguely... The Maester without a chain and remember he was sort of crazed and more than a little evil. Will have to do a reread at some point.

If she's going down...you can be damn sure she's taking all of King's Landing with her. And I have a feeling history will repeat itself...as Jaime once had to kill Aerys in order to save the city, he'll have to do it again with Cersei, making him the valonqhar. The sad thing is, you know he's not going to escape unscathed and will probably die along with her (maybe they take each other out, who knows).

Talking of the books, i always thought that Cersei might take the role of the new Mad King. THere are even rumors that she is actually that king's daughter, because her mother was raped by him. So maybe she inherited the Targaryen Madness. That also lead me to believe that Jaimie might be the mysterios valonquar, the younger brother that will finally kill her. Jamie and Cersei are twins, but Cersei got out first ;)

That's book, not show and it's even highly speculative. But I could imagine that she tries to take revenge on such a large scale, that she might try to burn the city. And that's when history repeats and Jamie does his deed.

I'd love that.

Me too! Jaime strangling Cersei to death as the red keep burns is poetic. Tommen will die first and that will send Cersei off on a heavily foreshadowed several times "I will burn their city to the ground" type rampage. I guess this happens right before Dany flies to Westeros and claims the throne, and realises as she walks in and sets eyes on it that it needs some major reno before she moves in and that being the Queen of Westeros is certainly not as wonderful as she imagined it would be for all those years.

I think Arya has to kill Cersei, otherwise she has no climax to her training-to-become-a-killer-avenger arc, and thus becomes a pointless and insignificant character, and it will be either in season 7 or the climax scene to 6.

In 6 Cersei will try to manipulate Kevan into fighting the Sparrow maybe using Myrcella's death and her humiliation as a way to push Kevan, in the name of her father, to restore pride to the damaged Lannister name. If that doesn't work she will have him assassinated and blame it on the Sparrow and still get his army to defeat them maybe with Jamie leading them. She has to be strong by the time she faces Arya otherwise there is no satisfaction in Arya killing her.

I did think Jamie killing her would be the best way for his final redemption even if he is killed as well, but it has to be Arya. Maybe Jamie helps Arya at the end or refuses to kill Arya when he has the chance, and then Cersei kills him before Arya kills her.

Did you notice the huge writing error within this fact? It is true, that in the show it came across like she hat sex with lancel while Robert was still alive.

But that would be high treason! Therefore she would be stupid to confess that. Like in the books she should only haved confessed adultary after Roberts death.

I think the charge was sex outside the bonds of marriage - sex with someone to whom you're not married. As you say, if not then it's an unexpected crime to confess to. The incest charge bugs me too. As for the OP, I agree that Cersei will aim her revenge at the High Sparrow, the Septas and the common people. Burning the city would deal with them all but it will be interesting to see how the brakes are removed (ie. other people) for that to happen. Does Qyburn have an in with the pyromancers?

At this point, Cersei has no reason to accept the trial by combat. Massacre at the High Sept, new High Septon appointed and it's done with the charges. I see riots in the city and the Tyrell army coming... And King's Landing going down.

i think tyrellls army will be going to the wall just to spite him, where she will figure out "you know this whole game of thrones thing is useless when faced with whitewalkers and army of the dead business"it'll take many many episodes. she'll come all skeptical, and leave with a purpose, king landing will lose all the goods that tyrells brought, the wall will profit. step one tyrell marches to the wall step two......step three, profit!

So Cersei really didn't like her stay at the Hotel Baylor. Gave it one star for service, amenities and price. I think her revenge is going to be something rather more than giving it a bad review on yelp.

Assuming that her trial by combat goes as expected, how do folk think she is getting back at the High Sparrow? Faceless Man? Poison?

The woman with the bell is probably high on her list as well.

Tommen didn't want to start a massacre in the Sept but I suspect Cersei might at this point.

Somehow I think "attempted genocide" will describe her behavior in S6. Remember all the plebs waving their dongs at her and throwing crap, cabbage and glass. I don`t think the comeback from Cercei will be very pretty.

Archived