Which Theory Would You Be Most Satistfied To Learn To Be False?

While I'm no fan whatsoever of the idea that any of of Tywin's kids are fathered by Aryes, it would at least be more satisfying if it was the children he adored vs the one he hated for his whole life.

Oh the irony of it. :agree:

I get the whole Tyrion thing, though I think the evidence points more strongly to potentially Cersei and Jaime being Aryes' since the only contact we're sure of happened during the bedding and they are older than Tyrion. True something could have happened later but a large part of the reason I don't like it is it would validate Tywin's dislike of Tyrion and his determination to never have him inherit. While I'm no fan whatsoever of the idea that any of of Tywin's kids are fathered by Aryes, it would at least be more satisfying if it was the children he adored vs the one he hated for his whole life.

Cersei and Jaime were conceived much after the bedding ceremony. Would be too easy that way. :(

But Tywin is much more the fool, for by being proud of two children who are not his, and hating his only true son. Besides, it means both Jaime and Tyrion killed their own father.

That would make Cersie, Jaime, Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella all dragon seed. That is a lot of dragon seed

And it gives some interesting true Targaryen and bastards parallels: Cersei as Aerys (madness), Jaime as Rhaegar (duty before honor), Tommen as Aegon (poor dead prince) and Myrcella as Rhaenys (I have a theory about them).

Well,

1) he doesn't fit the parameters

2) it would either regress him as a character (malice) or rob Cersei's death of any weight (pity)

So there's that.

1) he does. He could choke Cersei with the hands necklace like Tyrion did with Shae.

2) It wouldn't rob anything from Cersei's death. It would only add more. Should Jaime kill Cersei it would be one of the most tragic and meaningful murders/deaths of the story. Nevermind the most beautiful

Well,

1) he doesn't fit the parameters

2) it would either regress him as a character (malice) or rob Cersei's death of any weight (pity)

So there's that.

1) Yes he does, Cersei is a few minutes older than Jaime, therefore he is a little brother : Jaime and I are more than brother and sister. We are one person in two bodies. We shared a womb together. He came into this world holding my foot, our old maester said.

2) Kudos for understanding the character Jaime then.

ETA: :ninja: ed by the kitten...

Cersei and Jaime were conceived much after the bedding ceremony. (1) Would be too easy that way. :(

But Tywin is much more the fool, for by being proud of two children who are not his, and hating his only true son. Besides, it means both Jaime and Tyrion killed their own father. (2)

(...)

(1) Indeed : FORGET A+J=C+J

(2) For those complaining about the poor narrative induced by A+J=T: in this case both would have killed the other one's father...

ETA: and :ninja: ed by Viserys IV... :crying:

(1) Indeed : FORGET A+J=C+J

(2) For those complaining about the poor narrative induced by A+J=T: in this case both would have killed the other one's father...

Should A+J=C+J be true then both killed their own fathers. And their lovers, should Jaime kill Cersei.

(Just adding this in, if A+J=C+J is true then Jaime followed orders. Since Aerys told him to kill his father)

1) he does. He could choke Cersei with the hands necklace like Tyrion did with Shae.

2) It wouldn't rob anything from Cersei's death. It would only add more. Should Jaime kill Cersei it would be one of the most tragic and meaningful murders/deaths of the story. Nevermind the most beautiful

Jaime's fitness has nothing to do with how many hands he has or how much younger he is than Cersei. It has everything to do with the question Cersei asked and the Maegi answered. By all rights he should not even be a candidate, but thanks to the pause in narrative caused artificially by descriptive text people forget what was being asked to begin with.

Should A+J=C+J be true then both killed their own fathers. And their lovers, should Jaime kill Cersei.

(Just adding this in, if A+J=C+J is true then Jaime followed orders. Since Aerys told him to kill his father)

We are going circles here... See my edited posts above.

Jaime's fitness has nothing to do with how many hands he has or how much younger he is than Cersei. It has everything to do with the question Cersei asked and the Maegi answered. By all rights he should not even be a candidate, but thanks to the pause in narrative caused artificially by descriptive text people forget what was being asked to begin with.

"the valonqar shall wrap his hands around your pale white throat" so it does.

And by all rights he should.

Any theory that bends what we've seen in the books just to give special snowflake Jon Snow something.

Any secret Targ theory (that includes R+L=J, which I do believe in, for the record)

LS will hang Jaime. He's much more important than her, people.

Not that I'm a strong believer of that theory, although it is possible, but Tyrion's relationship with Cersei and Jamie is already undermined. Especially with Cersei is completely damaged.

Open minds are good. It makes things much more interesting. I get there's a lot of people that don't want that to be true, which is perfectly valid as this does significantly effect Tyrion's existing character arc. Though the sheer refusal of some people to even acknowledge the possibility baffles me at times. A+J=T may be true, it may not be, but the evidence for the possibility is there if you're willing to see it and not be blinded by preconceptions.

Read the whole question, then the whole answer, quotes only. Then explain why Jaime is a candidate.

So what? Jaime is a little brother and he has got two hands, one flesh and one gold... And the shape of the golden hand, too open to hold a glass, seems perfect to wrap a woman's neck.

:agree: "Bring me your father’s head, if you are no traitor."

IMHO, killing your own father is a much important act (regarding kinslaying) than killing reciprocally someone else father. And there are a lot of other clues, like Tyrion comparing Cersei to 3 Targaryen kings famous for their cruelty, lewdness and madness. And comparing Joffrey to Aerys too.

So what? Jaime is a little brother and he has got two hands, one flesh and one gold... And the shape of the golden hand, too open to hold a glass, seems perfect to wrap a woman's neck.

For hands of gold are always cold, but a woman's hands are warm...

Archived