Introductions

Ran

Hi I'm Sean from Dublin, Ireland. I was introduced to the TV series and loved it. After Season 2 I wanted to read the books to get all the depth and detail that films and tv shows always miss. And there is alot of it! I flew through the books in less than a year and they are an incredible read.

Great website guys, well done.

I'm 37, from Glasgow, Scotland but born in Greenock, am currently unemployed but am a small-press published metrical poet working on trying to arrange a book deal. As a hobby, I like to practice fine art and photography, am a fanatical film buff, and have done work as a part time life-model. I am also a general music afficionado who believes that Beethoven was probably the greatest man who ever lived.

Edited by Iain Robb

Hi, I'm Alex from Burbank California. I'm 22, and I became a fan of the series when I picked up the Blu Ray Game of Thrones Season 1 set. Suffice to say I was completely taken off guard when I saw "Baelor". I've currently been plowing through the books on audio book during my commutes to school. I'm currently on AFFC, and halfway through the Captain of the Guard POV chapter. I think my favorite characters so far have to be Stannis Baratheon and Petyr Baelish.

Hi, I'm Alex from Burbank California. I'm 22, and I became a fan of the series when I picked up the Blu Ray Game of Thrones Season 1 set. Suffice to say I was completely taken off guard when I saw "Baelor". I've currently been plowing through the books on audio book during my commutes to school. I'm currently on AFFC, and halfway through the Captain of the Guard POV chapter. I think my favorite characters so far have to be Stannis Baratheon and Petyr Baelish.

Welcome, Alex. :thumbsup:

If you are only up to AFFC, watch out for Horrible Spoilers of Doom as you navigate this joint. ;)

Welcome, Alex. :thumbsup:

If you are only up to AFFC, watch out for Horrible Spoilers of Doom as you navigate this joint. ;)

Thank you Stubby and Lord_Tyrion, but I have already been spoiled about a certain "tear jerking" event that happens at the end of ADWD. Even with the spoilers it's still a wonderful read, and the shocking parts are still shocking when read.

Well, I finally gave in and made the step up from lurker to member! I thought no, it's best not to make an account, you'll only end up wasting time on there when you should be working, just lurk and have a look at a few topics that interest you... Didn't work!

I'm Sarah, I'm 19 and at uni. I came to the books after seeing a couple of episodes of the first season of Game of Thrones when my Mum was watching them, and literally devoured them. It's been a while since I read them, and since lurking here I really wish I had my copies here at uni with me, but I was rewatching the second season of GoT recently and it got me back into my asoiaf.

I must say I'm glad I've read all the books, even though I don't remember all the details too well, because all the spoilers on here would be too difficult to resist! :)

So I'm drogon-viserion-rhaegal, but call me what you like, as that's a rather long name. I just finished ADWD a few days ago, and I've been lurking here ever since. As for how I got into ASoIaF, I caught part of a GoT episode on television one day, and I had to watch the rest of the show. I then decided I had to read the books.

Uh. Not sure what else to say. I'm a sixteen-year-old girl, which I suppose isn't the usual fare for this site.

Hello everyone, my nick is Silas and I'm new to these boards as you can see. I recently finished reading the books after watching the T.V Show last year. I am ashamed that I only found about these books after the show came out and so late but i guess it's for the best as I think I understand them better know than I would when I was younger, I just turned 18. My favourite character is Prince Oberyn-fucking-Martell, followed closely be Ned and the usual Jon and Dany.

I have no doubt I will enjoy it here :)

Edited by Silas