Make 10 Predictions for Season 6

Monoman32

1. There will be show apologists, who will constantly trash GRRM's books and say the show is perfect.

2. There will be Book Purists, who will constantly trash the show and say the books are near perfect.

3. There will be people who like/love either the show/book or both and let those who have differing opinions have them, without insulting each other.

Third category for me. And I utterly despise people from both first and second category although I am willing to have a discussion with them if they manage to keep their head cool.

Both are good, but I have deep concerns about where King Stannis's storyline headed... or if there is even one left. :/

And as for CONFIRMED screwups... what they did to Ser Barristan was disgusting. He death was the stupidest thing EVER. This is a GREAT character who had a lot more plot to go through. Not to mention the actor read all the books.

I used to think these writers were brilliant, but if they thought this was a good idea.... absolutely not.

If it's their time to go in the story, then so be it. This was most certainly NOT his time to go, and in such a stupid way. Just casually strolling through the street in a DANGEROUS time with no breastplate or anything, and then he gets killed. Not to mention the Unsullied suck at fighting and use spears in close quarters combat. lolwut

I used to think these writers were brilliant, but if they thought this was a good idea.... absolutely not.

If it's their time to go in the story, then so be it. This was most certainly NOT his time to go, and in such a stupid way. Just casually strolling through the street in a DANGEROUS time with no breastplate or anything, and then he gets killed. Not to mention the Unsullied suck at fighting and use spears in close quarters combat. lolwut

plot armour is also extremely brittle when one dares question the sanctity of the boneheaded brilliance called writing from D&D

It's unbelievable they'd eliminate a relatively important character unnecessarily way early, and someone who I think is pretty much a universally loved character.

IMO your position makes no sense. In the books, yes, BS has more to do ahead. But either he will die very soon at the battle of Meereen, or he will die in some capacity related to fAegon and fAegon will be cut. Either way, BS's book story is never going to play out in the show and he needed to die some other way. If not Dany would have no need for new advisors (Tyrion).

The show has very likely cut the battle for Meereen and simplified by expanding the Sons of the Harpy movement to be a much bigger problem. This was, IMO, smart. Of course it would have been fantastically epic to see the battle of Meereen on screen, but that would have cost a great deal of money and time that the show doesn't have, necessitated the casting of characters they don't want to develop and ultimately been irrelevant to the endgame of the series because the endgame is in Westeros, not Meereen.

So instead we got Hardhome, which was fabulous. Sometimes it is about where the resources go.

I would conclude that BS's death is looking like it will likely happen in the battle for Meereen, which makes his death from Harpy attack the show's closest equivalent.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sick-game-thrones-season-6-6140688

Same story slightly higher end paper:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/594034/Game-of-Thrones-season-6-Emilia-Clarke-sick-twists-Jon-Snow-dead

Apparently Emilia Clarke hints Jon Snow will not be ressurected which appears to be at odds with the revelation he was filming last week unless it's a funeral scene or flashback he's back for. 

But the show shows us scenes of zealots going around and causing havoc. In order for your logic to work we'd need to ignore scenes that were directly shown to us. And you keep saying this but how do the people protect the cult? Do they have swords or magic? It's like saying a lord in middle ages would ignore a peasant rebellion because he would risk more peasants getting mad. This is just stupid.  Once again, in the books Mace Tyrell moves his huge army from Storms end to KL. And in the books the sparrows actually had the support of the people. In the show nobody does anything to stop robed fanatics.

Yet in the books Mace still isn't able to do anything. We already discussed the scenes of zealots causing havoc., If you pay attention to these scenes they are destroying brothels and turning over a wine cart. There are no scenes of them attacking the poor in the streets. So pointing out they were  causing havoc means absolutely nothing. If this is what you argument hinges on you don't have one.

Yeah they totally shortchanged him. The Barristan in the books is waaay more epic, who never in a million years would have been slain by Harpies...

I would have rather seen a much more epic ending to Barristan as well. However enough people could overwhelm even someone like Barristan.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/594034/Game-of-Thrones-season-6-Emilia-Clarke-sick-twists-Jon-Snow-dead

Apparently Emilia Clarke hints Jon Snow will not be ressurected which appears to be at odds with the revelation he was filming last week unless it's a funeral scene or flashback he's back for. 

That really doesn't mean anything. She may have been instructed to drop hints suggesting he will not return or she may have been told that he wasn't. The actors from this show are almost constantly hinting that this or that is going to be shocking. I wouldn't give it too much weight.

That really doesn't mean anything. She may have been instructed to drop hints suggesting he will not return or she may have been told that he wasn't. The actors from this show are almost constantly hinting that this or that is going to be shocking. I wouldn't give it too much weight.

Given that the press is all over the filming crews due to the popularity of the show "misinformation" is a given. Just look at the "Darth Sansa" stuff from last year. Some things cannot be hidden though. The showrunners also stated and I do believe them, that in season 6 they are really deviating from the books which means, they know through GRRM where he is going with TWOW so as far as Jon, we cannot be sure. Also, no word on Rickon yet but Bran yes.

Given that the press is all over the filming crews due to the popularity of the show "misinformation" is a given. Just look at the "Darth Sansa" stuff from last year. Some things cannot be hidden though. The showrunners also stated and I do believe them, that in season 6 they are really deviating from the books which means, they know through GRRM where he is going with TWOW so as far as Jon, we cannot be sure. Also, no word on Rickon yet but Bran yes.

Well to be technical they really can't deviate from the books unless TWOW is released before April, which I think is doubtful. What they would have from GRRM would likely be little more than an outline. While you cannot be sure of anything I don't think GRRM would have asked them who Jon's Parents were if it wasn't germane to the story.

Hey JonSnowed,

You had posted this on another thread in response to me so this is a bit of a repeat. :)

I think they are referring to her previous statement, with regards to the Jon Snow character not her statement about the scripts, from an older interview where she gave it a 50/50 of his return. I can't find the link now but I read they are keeping the scripts for each actor character specific. So, Emilia would have no scripts that have Kit's character unless there are scenes with Dany and Jon. They may be going as far as only handing out the scripts for the current shooting and not farther into the filming. Who knows. This is to keep leaks to a minimum and Emilia herself has said she can't keep a secret and the producers know that. Personally I find her charming in that way :D I really doubt, unfortunately, she knows much of what Kit's character is up to.

So, I think we are where we were a couple of days ago. We will have to wait for the next clever fan in Belfast with a quick draw camera hand.

But to me it doesn't much matter because in the end the character Jon Snow dying at this point makes no literary sense. How they bring him back and in what form I anxiously wait to see.

Could you share a link or a source where it says they are really deviating from the books this season? They did last season but on the rationale that they needed to cover two huge books in one season.

I agree. Though not like we will know what exactly is deviation, regardless.

I would say the most likely deviation is the probable non-inclusion of fAegon. That will mean some significant rearrangement of other storylines.

How exactly is a character that was in 25 episodes "minor"? I always saw him as a significant second-tier character. No, he's not Dany, or Jon Snow, or Tyrion in terms of importance, but he's on that next level.

If King Stannis is REALLY dead then this will be the 2nd worst thing to me, but as of now in terms of 100% for sure deaths, it was despicable and a terrible storyline decision.

Well to be technical they really can't deviate from the books unless TWOW is released before April, which I think is doubtful. What they would have from GRRM would likely be little more than an outline. While you cannot be sure of anything I don't think GRRM would have asked them who Jon's Parents were if it wasn't germane to the story.

They claim that season 6 really deviates from the books per their own words but that may be hyped up BS from them. It is kind of exciting as we should be surprised on two fronts. I do hope TWOW is out before season 6 as the show is all over the media and would be hard to avoid if attempting to delay watching the season.

Hey JonSnowed,

You had posted this on another thread in response to me so this is a bit of a repeat. :)

I think they are referring to her previous statement, with regards to the Jon Snow character not her statement about the scripts, from an older interview where she gave it a 50/50 of his return. I can't find the link now but I read they are keeping the scripts for each actor character specific. So, Emilia would have no scripts that have Kit's character unless there are scenes with Dany and Jon. They may be going as far as only handing out the scripts for the current shooting and not farther into the filming. Who knows. This is to keep leaks to a minimum and Emilia herself has said she can't keep a secret and the producers know that. Personally I find her charming in that way :D I really doubt, unfortunately, she knows much of what Kit's character is up to.

So, I think we are where we were a couple of days ago. We will have to wait for the next clever fan in Belfast with a quick draw camera hand.

But to me it doesn't much matter because in the end the character Jon Snow dying at this point makes no literary sense. How they bring him back and in what form I anxiously wait to see.

This is the original story I believe:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-thrones-emilia-clarke-jon-snow-theories/

"I mean, if I had to bet, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance. I mean, there's some helpful people there who could bring him back to life," Clarke said.

This is the original story I believe:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-thrones-emilia-clarke-jon-snow-theories/

[font='tvg-sans-serif', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"I mean, if I had to bet, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance. I mean, there's some helpful people there who could bring him back to life," Clarke said.[/font]

Yes, thank you El Guapo, the very one. ;)

Archived