Make 10 Predictions for Season 6

Monoman32

No I disagree, you only know she plans to breakup the current system. There is no further information as to her plans and there is no need for her to divulge that information to the audience at that point.

If your friends got that wrong or interpreted it as democracy then that is their own bias coming through.

You said it yourself, the message of her speech was that she wants to break the system. Ähm the political system in Westeros is a monarchy. So she wants to break the monarchy !?

Right the show does not have to divulge every information, since watchers are usually asked to consider things for themselves. But this is what happens if one appears to be unable to deliver a coherent narrative. 

I think the problem is her speech and not the interpretation of my Unsullied friend. You could say that a further problem is that my unsullied friend carefully listen. But seriously GOT is now a series were one shouldn't listen to the "dialogue" anymore, because then - and this has nothing to do with book readers, just with show watchers - one can observe inconcistencies.

You said it yourself, the message of her speech was that she wants to break the system. Ähm the political system in Westeros is a monarchy. So she wants to break the monarchy !?

I think the problem is her speech and not the interpretation of my Unsullied friend. You could say that a further problem is that my unsullied friend carefully listen. But seriously GOT is now a series were one shouldn't listen to the "dialogue" anymore, because then - and this has nothing to do with book readers, just with show watchers - one can observe inconcistencies.

Democracy isn't the only alternative to monarchy. Nor was she saying she was breaking the monarchy, more that she was breaking a system where monarchs were constantly fighting over the iron throne. There has never been any mention of Democracy. 

I don't see a problem with her speech at all, it was exciting because it gave a hint that she has a plan of what she wants to do when she got to Westeros, which hasn't been revealed before. Its only a hint however. Nothing more.

Democracy isn't the only alternative to monarchy. Nor was she saying she was breaking the monarchy, more that she was breaking a system where monarchs were constantly fighting over the iron throne. There has never been any mention of Democracy. 

I don't see a problem with her speech at all, it was exciting because it gave a hint that she has a plan of what she wants to do when she got to Westeros, which hasn't been revealed before. Its only a hint however. Nothing more.

Of course, she could also refer to other political systems such as a dictatorship, an anachy or an oligarchy. But this is actually not the point. The point is she seems to be aiming for destroying the current system in Westeros which is a monarchy.

> She wants to stop the whole wheel as far as I remember and not just put different spines or replace the spines on the wheel (that would of course be something different)

EDIT: Remember I am currently speaking here in the voice of Unsullied. I know that she won't change the political system (perhaps the political landscape, but not the system - One should not use terms if one does not understand their meaning ) !

I don't know how anyone could look at democracy and consider it to be anything like breaking a cycle of various powerful families being on top.

Bush...Clinton...another Bush, another Clinton....throw in a Trump and pretend a bilionaire is an outsider....

Dany's speech doesn't need to cause people existential anxt. Dany's speech a)reinforced that she is idealistic in a rather frightening way b)told us that she is exasperated with the cycle of power plays with one ruler being no different from any other in substance. Basically the speech told us she wants to do things differently. What is so confusing about that?

I don't know how anyone could look at democracy and consider it to be anything like breaking a cycle of various powerful families being on top.

Bush...Clinton...another Bush, another Clinton....throw in a Trump and pretend a bilionaire is an outsider....

Dany's speech doesn't need to cause people existential anxt. Dany's speech a)reinforced that she is idealistic in a rather frightening way b)told us that she is exasperated with the cycle of power plays with one ruler being no different from any other in substance. Basically the speech told us she wants to do things differently. What is so confusing about that?

I never said anything about the definition of democracy. I talked about the semantics concerning Dany’ speech including her main statement of “breaking/destroying and stopping the wheel in Westeros. The sign wheel in Westeros was metaphorically understood as the system by Unsullied.

Which kind of systems are there in Westeros?

The political system with some feudal Lords and a monarch on top was their answer.

Thus > destroying the wheel > destroying the system > what system > Dany talks about all the other feudal Lords (spines) and the wheel itself (The monarch on top including the feudal lords) > Destroying the monarchy > after the destruction of this system, there must be another system... democracy was just one example out of many other political systems that she could aim to implement

I don't think the speech means a plan at all, and I don't see why you would assume that.

Dany operates from the heart. She decides that something that is going on is fundamentally wrong. She destroys it, without a plan generally for what comes next. So her speech doesn't mean anything beyond the observation that the wheel of power is fucked up and it crushes everyone in its path.

Beyond that, her plan for how to break the wheel (not replace it) does not need to be explained further in a single season when that plan, if there is one, is nowehere close to being implemented. All your friends should expect is a few conversations with Tyrion and others in future that shed more light on her attack plan, which again, is not a governance plan.

Breaking the wheel could simply mean it stops turning and her family stays on top forever...
But the simple truth is, it doesn't mean anything at all.

No, that is not what it meant since she specifically included Targaryens. And it did mean something. It was a "clarification" moment for the show, to basically explain that all of the power dynamics and the obsession over who gets the throne is meaningless and destructive. This of course was in the lead-up to Hardhome.

I don't think the speech means a plan at all, and I don't see why you would assume that.

Dany operates from the heart. She decides that something that is going on is fundamentally wrong. She destroys it, without a plan generally for what comes next. So her speech doesn't mean anything beyond the observation that the wheel of power is fucked up and it crushes everyone in its path.

Beyond that, her plan for how to break the wheel (not replace it) does not need to be explained further in a single season when that plan, if there is one, is nowehere close to being implemented. All your friends should expect is a few conversations with Tyrion and others in future that shed more light on her attack plan, which again, is not a governance plan.

I never said anything about a plan. I was just talking about her speech and how one would understand this speech. 

Breaking the wheel could simply mean it stops turning and her family stays on top forever...

I guess, this might be the simple answer ;)

Next time, I will tell my friends that they should stop thinking critically. 

Breaking the wheel is what aegon did when he conpuered and dany plans doing that exactly

Aegon :O. I think this won't help since many Unsullied don't know Aegon or what he did

No, that is not what it meant since she specifically included Targaryens. And it did mean something. It was a "clarification" moment for the show, to basically explain that all of the power dynamics and the obsession over who gets the throne is meaningless and destructive. This of course was in the lead-up to Hardhome.

So then my Unsullied were right. Dany is a hypocrit because she simply wants to be the ruler of Westeros although everything is "destructive". 

Dany does not know anything about Hardhome. So don't mix up these two distinct storylines. Or are you claiming that not Dany was actually talking but rather some kind of omniscient narrator?

Exactly this. It wasn't a moment where her plans were revealed, only that it clarifies what general direction she is going in. I think it was also designed to remind people that her journey isn't going to get stuck working out how many goats farmers are owed in some far off city, that actually she will interact with the main story at some point.

Exactly this. It wasn't a moment where her plans were revealed, only that it clarifies what general direction she is going in. I think it was also designed to remind people that her journey isn't going to get stuck working out how many goats farmers are owed in some far off city, that actually she will interact with the main story at some point.

I thought, you beforehand were also talking about a system she wants to destroy. Now you are changing your mind but that's okay (you said before "more that she aims to break up the current system of lords fighting over the iron throne"....

So for you the speech was simply a symbol that points at her return to Westeros?

I think I can conclude (at least for myself) that one should not think to much as a watcher of GOT. IMO it appears to be a rather swallow series which makes use of terms and concepts without even thinking. That's it. It is like watching Con Air, just get entertained.

So I will tell them (Unsullied freinds, as I did before) that they should stop thinking and get entertained by action.  

I thought, you beforehand were also talking about a system she wants to destroy. Now you are changing your mind but that's okay (you said before "more that she aims to break up the current system of lords fighting over the iron throne"....

So for you the speech was simply a symbol that points at her return to Westeros?

I'm not changing my mind at all. 

For me the speechs purpose was to tell the audience that Dany does have a plan and that she isn't merely going to sit around in Mereen forever (as that is a common complaint of her storyline). She reveals she wants to break the current system of lords fighting over whos in charge, what that actually means is still up in the air, you can speculate on it all you want. But it wasn't confusing or meaningless at all. 

I never said anything about a plan. I was just talking about her speech and how one would understand this speech. 

I guess, this might be the simple answer ;)

Next time, I will tell my friends that they should stop thinking critically. 

Aegon :O. I think this won't help since many Unsullied don't know Aegon or what he did

I guess then you and your friends dont watch the show that much ..there were enough mentions of aegon and his sisters in the show

So then my Unsullied were right. Dany is a hypocrit because she simply wants to be the ruler of Westeros although everything is "destructive". 
Dany does not know anything about Hardhome. So don't mix up these two distinct storylines. Or are you claiming that not Dany was actually talking but rather some kind of omniscient narrator?

You make so many wild and unsubstantiated leaps of logic it is no wonder you are confused!

We are not in a position to declare her a hypocrite based on a speech about breaking a cycle of meaningless dominance. It all depends on if the victory is meaningless. Which we will not know for quite a while yet. Simply being a queen does not make one a hypocrite on this issue. Someone will always have power, so avoiding power does not make one morally superior. Power existing in the world is not the problem because it always exists; it is what is DONE with that power.

She wants to break the wheel that - crushes everyone - in other words the cycle of senseless domination. So far she is trying to end slavery. It is not really working, but that doesn't make her a hypocrite per say, it simply means that she has some things to figure out and fix to achieve her objective. Breaking the cycle of dominance in Westeros is entirely consistent as an objective with her actions so far: leading her Dothraki out of the waste, freeing the slaves of Meereen etc.

As for Hardhome, Dany knowing about Hardhome is completely not the point, and doesn't matter. I said the SHOW was using the speech to clarify the issue. Not Dany.

Beware, some of the following may be considered spoilers.

1. Jon will be back before the season ends, likely earlier.
2. One Tyrell will die from trial/ the scheming of Cersei
3. The tyrell-lannister alliance is officially over after several murders (see a dance with dragons) and thete will be chaos in the capital.
4. Last Hearth becomes the rallying point for the starks retaking the North. Osha, rickon, sansa, theon, and Davos will all be together at some point.

5. Baelish will mobilize Vale forces for the North.
6. Ramsay will go crazy for the loss of his wife, plaything, and miranda (a combo of a plaything/sognificant other as it is). He will kill Roose before Roose can kill or dispose of him .
7. Mereen will be under siege. Saved by the dothraki and iron fleet.
8. The wall falls, the others will come into the seven kingdoms.
9. Most or all of the Nights Watch will be killed in the aftermath of The mutiny.
10. Tommen and at least one sand snake die.

It could potentially mean she means to destroy the autonomous power of the high lords for a more centralized power system and stronger monarchy/executive which is exactly what happened at the end of the Late Middle Ages, on which Westeros is theoretically based.

But if that was the case, there should be more emphasis on the power structures of feudalism (Northern Lords, etc).  The simple truth is, it doesn't mean anything at all

Edit: I have it on very good authority that next season Dany is expand on her political agenda .

"They're all just sides of a pyramid.  I'm not going to reverse the pyramid, I'm going to topple it."

Judging by D&D's track record...

1. Dany gets raped by Khal Jhaqo's and his Khalasar. All 20,000 men and their horses too. Meanwhile she muttering some cringeworthy nonsensical shit about revenge. Olly continues to stab, spit and even pisses on Jon Snow's corpse. Alliser Thorne goes to Mole Town and reveals that he is a pedophile cause D&D need someone to replace Trant and stabbing Jon Snow wasn't bad enough so Thorne needs to become a one dimensional mustache-twirling villain. Arya murders a dude for no reason and does an evil snicker. 

2. Littlefinger arrives in Winterfell with the might of the Vale... and is promptly defeated by a fully naked Ramsay covered in Blood. Littlefinger's corpse is flayed and castrated. Ramsay eats a sausage while performing some BDSM on a random girl. Some Valyrian magi comes to Mereen and restores Greyworm's balls. Half an hour dedicated to romance between him and Missandei. Cersei spends 30 minutes of screentime getting wasted. Jaime kills a distant cousin at a tavern on his way back to Kings Landing for no reason

3. Brienne finds 20 "good" deserters from Stannis' army and proceeds to plough through the entire Bolton army like cheese. Even more cringeworthy monologues from Dany after her rape sessions as she looks at the cameraman filming the scene with a constipated face and bad acting. Melisandre flashes her tits at Davos who spends the whole time crying.

4. Theon leads Sansa to Deepwood Motte where Asha... uh I mean Yara brings both them to the Iron Islands. Meanwhile Euron returns home and whacks Balon. Sansa becomes Euron's sex slave. Olly continues to defile Jon's corpse. Tyene tells men about her bad pussy with some awful English.

5. Scenes of Sansa getting raped. Slaves of Mereen worship Tyrion as he becomes Jesus by giving alms to the poor, washes the feet of slaves and turns the left cheek to the evil slavemasters. Obara continues to yell that she is the daughter of Oberyn in front of Doran who looks pissed off. More Sex scenes with Samwell Tarly and Gilly. Wildiings are somehow forgotten and retconned like the rest of the North.

6. The Great Other resurrects Stannis and his army and promises that he will give Stannis the Iron Throne if Stannis is willing to kick 10,000 puppies, eat 500 babies, and skins 10,000 beautiful virgins to which Stannis immediately agrees to. More whining from Cersei. Jaime does what he does best and proceeds to rape her. Trystane chills in a brothel.... Whats that, the Faith Militant shut down the Brothels? Oh well, who cares if it does not make sense. This is D&D!

7. Stannis rips an adorable newborn baby from her mother's arms and drowns the baby at the bottom of a frozen lake as a sacrifice to the Great Other because Brienne and her 20 good men somehow burned all his supplies. Sansa escapes from the Iron Islands only for the Captain of her boat to reveal that he was sent by Walder Frey because Frey needs a new wife. DUN DUN DUN! Meanwhile across the Narrow Sea, Tyrion allowed himself to be crucified by the Great Masters in hopes of granting everyone every lasting life. Unfortunately he somehow manages to survive due to plot armor. Dany tries to escape from the Khalasar but is captured and more gratuitous rape.

8. BIG BATTLE EPISODE! Stannis and his men acts as militarily incompetent as possible. His massive heavy Calvary charging towards Walder Frey's lightly armored infantry at Riverun decides to dismount for some reason and proceeds to walk into the Moat and drown themselves. Meanwhile Stannis is castrating a poor old man for shits and giggles whilst being defeated. Melisandre is busy seducing the Nights Watch with her tits. Walder Frey celebrates victory by hosting a wedding with Sansa and abuses her.

9. CLEGANEBOWL!  The Hound is confirmed dead. Brienne comes to Cersei's trial for no reason at all and punches Robert Strong to death with her bare fist. She then teleports to the Riverlands just in time to find Stannis torturing a puppy and kills him a second time proclaiming once again that Renly is the Rightful King. Arya continues to be boring and scrubs stuff in the House of the Undying. Sam also does lame stuff.

10. Dany finally escapes the Dothraki. In spite of being raped, abused and beaten thousands of times, her hair and body are still clean and perfect. Her three dragons come and burn the Dothraki. Dany decides that she wishes to travel to Yi Ti much to the annoyance of her fans. Davos gets killed by Melisandre after rejecting her several times. Varys randomly appears North to kill Alliser Thorne for no reason and helps Olly become Lord Commander. Ghost is nowhere to be found. Cersei takes up screen-time with her annoyance. Doran still doesn't say shit about revenge. More Cringe Snakes and bad pussy! No FAegon. Jon Snow remains dead because FUCK YOU! No Lady Stoneheart because FUCK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME!

This, by the way, never stops being hilarious.

Archived