Make 10 Predictions for Season 6

Monoman32

No, actually, they are not. Plenty of characters are religious without being zealots. Ned and his heart tree, Catelyn and the seven, Sansa and her mother mercy song etc.

When were Catelyn or Ned shown doing anything religious on the show? Sansa singing Mother's Prayer with the women during BW was unlikely to have an explicit religious connotation to anyone who hasn't read the book, I doubt that any Unsullied viewers realized what it was about.

When were Catelyn or Ned shown doing anything religious on the show? Sansa singing Mother's Prayer with the women during BW was unlikely to have an explicit religious connotation to anyone who hasn't read the book, I doubt that any Unsullied viewers realized what it was about.

Ned prays at the Godswood.

Okay, so ten predictions for Season 6 (that's what this thread was about, right?)

1. Tyrion will take over the Quentyn role, in that he will be interacting with the dragons and eventually release them. Just hopefully without the, uh, burning to death part.

2. Jon will be resurrected at the earliest by Episode 5, but having it at the end of the season is also extremely probable. I don't agree with those who think it will be right away, or that it should be right away. They need time for Bran's visions to build some kind of "mythology" behind Jon, not to mention that they need to establish some kind of reason at the wall for anyone to want to protect his body or bring him back. Though I think it's also probable that he's brought back accidentally.

3. Camera shot prediction: a close up of Jon opening his eyes with Bran's voice in the background saying "Jon..." like he's waking him up. I don't know why I think this.

4. Brienne will head south to the Riverlands (wrongly assuming where Sansa is going - plus, it's my opinion that Brienne never finds Sansa) where we will see a "revenge against Walder Frey" plot carried out by The Blackfish. Oh, he's coming back next season. Of this I am almost 99% sure.

5. Jaime and Cersei will have the biggest knock-down dirty dragged out breakup in history. I'm thinking the culmination of Cersei's reasons: a) "you're responsible for the murder of our father" b ) "now you're responsible for the murder of our daughter" c) "you're useless and I have a super cool monster to protect me now" plus Jaime's reasons: a) "you CHEATED on me?!" b ) "you don't understand my grief" c) "what the hell is that zombie you have on the Kingsguard?" d) "no, killing Trystane is not a good idea" and finally e) "I need to get out of here since I'm probably about to be arrested for incest" will do it.

6. Re: Trystane. He is so getting murdered by Cersei. First I think Doran will execute Ellaria and the Sand Snakes as a gesture that Myrcella's murder had nothing to do with him. Jaime will see the value in keeping Trystane alive to prevent a war, Cersei will not care. Dorne/Iron Throne alliance severed, country weakened further.

7. Jaime will go north to the Riverlands after receiving some kind of message from Brienne. Or here's hoping, because these two characters/actors need to interact again.

8. Littlefinger will march on Winterfell, and kill one of Ramsay or Roose. I've also been throwing around the theory in my head that Roose kills Ramsay himself before this, though I can't completely articulate why.

9. Cersei will: 1) win her trial by combat with Robert Strong, 2) send him after Sansa (wherever Cersei thinks she may be - I personally don't know where Sansa will be which is why I haven't predicted it) 3) continue to lose her mind and eventually burn down the Red Keep with wildfire.

10. One of the dragons will "sense" Jon waking and fly to the North to eventually be used in the war with the White Walkers. Or maybe Bran will warg the dragon to the North? Depending on timing, this could be Season 7 or not happen at all. But I just think it would be really cool if after Jon's brought back, the dragon named Rheagal was like, "Sorry, got to peace out - the resurrected son of whom I am a symbolic father figure through my name needs me." :-)

1. Season opens with a flash back of TOJ, followed by Jons life up to 'For the Watch' then fades into Brans face (he's seeing the vision).

2. Sansa and Theon meet Brienne and Pod and they head to the wall

3. They meet Davos heading south, Sansa reveals her brothers are alive. Brienne tasks davos to find Rickon (possibly as penance for serving Stannis in a reflection of LSH/ Jamie).

4. Sansa and Co. reach the wall Brienne confronts Mel over Renlys death, while Sansa learns of Jons 'Death'. Mel explains the nature of her power and how she has seen a Red priest raise the dead.

5. Mean while in Meereen...... Tyrion and Co. in a hall with 1/2 dozen chained men, Tyrion asks Varys who they are. Varys explain they are the sons of the Harpy leaders. Trial, death etc.

6. Dany in a tent with Dothraki leaders trying to convince them to follow her, it's not going well they get aggressive, a shadow passes over the tent and there's commotion outside as Drogon passes over head. Dany calls to him and he lands, snapping at the Dothraki til Dany calms him, thus she wins the Dothraki to her cause.

7. Arya follows her arc from the book, continues to learn, wargs a cat and gets her sight back, possibly leaving the FM soon after.

8. In KL, Cersies trial approaches Robert Strong defeats the faiths champion while Margery's champion loses.

9.Jamie arrives back at kings landing with news of Marcella's death, Cersie goes mad, killing Tommen in some kind of accident (maybe burning the sparrows while Tommen is say good bye to Margery).

10. Jon is revived by Mel, just in time to stop Tormund and the wildlings completely destroying the Watch, season ends as the 'peace' is shattered by the Others and the wall starting to shake. 

What does law have to do with this? The laws have been made by rich people who the common people probably resent. The poor families on the street are starving. The common people are certainly not partying in brothels and drinking wine all day. 

I was just making a point that whoring and drinking factually weren't considered sins. What are you trying to say? That the common people resent the rich people for not banning brothels and alehouses? And they don't have to be partying. Brothels could be found both expensive and dirt cheap. Alchohol too.

I was just making a point that whoring and drinking factually weren't considered sins. What are you trying to say? That the common people resent the rich people for not banning brothels and alehouses? And they don't have to be partying. Brothels could be found both expensive and dirt cheap. Alchohol too.

in the show they clearly are. You really don't have a point so maybe you should just leave it.

I was just making a point that whoring and drinking factually weren't considered sins. 

The old septons would preach against the sins of drink and whores but basically tolerate it for the reasons you've described. The Sparrows are more extreme and fundamentalist. They go further than preaching morality from the pulpit and will use happily use force, violence and coercion. They are more Islamic state than church of England. That's my take on it anyway. Zealotry on the rise because of the general miserableness of life.

sins

Maybe bad habits, But not sins. Not in the law, not in the general perception. And certainly not sins to the point you'd have to aggressively punish people for it. Which is what the fanatics are doing.

The old septons would preach against the sins of drink and whores but basically tolerate it for the reasons you've described. The Sparrows are more extreme and fundamentalist. They go further than preaching morality from the pulpit and will use happily use force, violence and coercion. They are more Islamic state than church of England. That's my take on it anyway. Zealotry on the rise because of the general miserableness of life.

Ok. I understand that. But why is nobody doing anything about it? Lannister and Tyrells have armies in the city. There are the gold cloaks. And yet robed fanatics freely vandalize the city and take highborn captives with nobody doing anything.

Maybe bad habits, But not sins. Not in the law, not in the general perception. And certainly not sins to the point you'd have to aggressively punish people for it. Which is what the fanatics are doing.

Ok. I understand that. But why is nobody doing anything about it? Lannister and Tyrells have armies in the city. There are the gold cloaks. And yet robed fanatics freely vandalize the city and take highborn captives with nobody doing anything.

This was explained in the tv show. Please watch the tv show.

No they resent the rich for being rich of course. They resent a High Septon who lives like a king and whores despite his vows while they starve. That is simple human nature. You also act like all commoners would be lining up for wine and whores assuming they could find any of either they could afford. Some might, many others would not. It is clearly shown on the show that they have the support of the common people. Maybe not all of them but a majority for sure. You are forgetting the scene where the High Sparrow is feeding the poor and the one where he is speaking with Olenna. Both of these demonstrate that the sparrows have the support of the common people.

Okay, so ten predictions for Season 6 (that's what this thread was about, right?)

1. Tyrion will take over the Quentyn role, in that he will be interacting with the dragons and eventually release them. Just hopefully without the, uh, burning to death part.

2. Jon will be resurrected at the earliest by Episode 5, but having it at the end of the season is also extremely probable. I don't agree with those who think it will be right away, or that it should be right away. They need time for Bran's visions to build some kind of "mythology" behind Jon, not to mention that they need to establish some kind of reason at the wall for anyone to want to protect his body or bring him back. Though I think it's also probable that he's brought back accidentally.

3. Camera shot prediction: a close up of Jon opening his eyes with Bran's voice in the background saying "Jon..." like he's waking him up. I don't know why I think this.

4. Brienne will head south to the Riverlands (wrongly assuming where Sansa is going - plus, it's my opinion that Brienne never finds Sansa) where we will see a "revenge against Walder Frey" plot carried out by The Blackfish. Oh, he's coming back next season. Of this I am almost 99% sure.

5. Jaime and Cersei will have the biggest knock-down dirty dragged out breakup in history. I'm thinking the culmination of Cersei's reasons: a) "you're responsible for the murder of our father" b ) "now you're responsible for the murder of our daughter" c) "you're useless and I have a super cool monster to protect me now" plus Jaime's reasons: a) "you CHEATED on me?!" b ) "you don't understand my grief" c) "what the hell is that zombie you have on the Kingsguard?" d) "no, killing Trystane is not a good idea" and finally e) "I need to get out of here since I'm probably about to be arrested for incest" will do it.

6. Re: Trystane. He is so getting murdered by Cersei. First I think Doran will execute Ellaria and the Sand Snakes as a gesture that Myrcella's murder had nothing to do with him. Jaime will see the value in keeping Trystane alive to prevent a war, Cersei will not care. Dorne/Iron Throne alliance severed, country weakened further.

7. Jaime will go north to the Riverlands after receiving some kind of message from Brienne. Or here's hoping, because these two characters/actors need to interact again.

8. Littlefinger will march on Winterfell, and kill one of Ramsay or Roose. I've also been throwing around the theory in my head that Roose kills Ramsay himself before this, though I can't completely articulate why.

9. Cersei will: 1) win her trial by combat with Robert Strong, 2) send him after Sansa (wherever Cersei thinks she may be - I personally don't know where Sansa will be which is why I haven't predicted it) 3) continue to lose her mind and eventually burn down the Red Keep with wildfire.

10. One of the dragons will "sense" Jon waking and fly to the North to eventually be used in the war with the White Walkers. Or maybe Bran will warg the dragon to the North? Depending on timing, this could be Season 7 or not happen at all. But I just think it would be really cool if after Jon's brought back, the dragon named Rheagal was like, "Sorry, got to peace out - the resurrected son of whom I am a symbolic father figure through my name needs me." :-)

Yes this is what the thread is about. Thank you for reminding us.

1. I see Tyrion taking much of the Barristan role from the books. He may fill other shoes too though. The show has combined other characters.

2. i also think that Jon will be resurrected later in the season as well. In fact I think it may even be at the end of the season. Jon could still be in earlier episodes. Maybe present with Bran as we see the TOJ?

3. I can see this but I think it will Jon "waking" to a dream world where he sees Bran's visions with him.

4. i want to see the Blackfish again too.

5. I can't imagine her taking Mycella's death well.

6. Something like this will explain Doran's eventual support for Dany

7. Agreed

8. I think Roose kills Ramsay too.

9. At least the first part of this is probably correct

10. That's interesting. If Jon's parentage is going to play a role in the show there is going to need to be a reason Dany trusts him.

Well thought out

I'm not sure what you mean about Davos. Book Davos is a very religious follower of the Seven (unlike Stannis, who is the closest thing the book have to an atheist) and even has visions of the Mother while he's perhaps going a bit delirious during all alone on an island after surviving Blackwater. Dany is familiar with multiple religions and tries to decide what to believe based on whether she likes their world view or not. She definitely does not come even close to being an atheist or rejecting any religion outright, let alone all religions.

I probably let my knowledge of GRRM's believes cloud my interpretation of the bit where Dany considers and rapidly dismisses various religions somewhen during her Meereen arc. It seemed to me like she was gravitating towards atheism or at least agnosticism.

However her main issue was that all the gods must be so lonely (just like her in that moment), I would argue that she does not quite understand the relationship between a god/gods and their followers in many religions. Of course she never seemed to have stayed long enough anywhere to get in contact with priests.

Forgot about Davos' visions, thanks for reminding me( been years since I read the books). The part where he calls Stannis his god stuck with me longer, though it is possible that he did not mean it as literal as he said it.

Tyrion - He'll take the Barristan/Quentyn role. Govern Mereen and train/release dragons. Will sail to westeros with Dany.

Dany - Vaes Dothrak where she somehow wins the Dothraki to her side. Returns to Mereen with a horde and sails for Westeros.

Jon - Resurrected. Forgives his brothers. Leads a wildling army to defeat Bolton's and take WF.

Cersei - wins trial. Flips out over Myrcella. Wreaks revenge on the faith. Kills Trystane.

Arya - continues training. Convinces faceless men that she is 'no one' and returns to KL.

Sansa - No sure. Can see her linking up with Jon and returning to WF.

Ser Davos. Goes looking for Rickon. Finds him.

Sam - Horn hill and oldtown. Starts training as a maester. Dragonglass candles. becomes Marwyn type expert on dragons and others.

Jaime - no idea. 

Brienne/Pod - Take Sansa/Theon to castle Black. Maybe join Davos?

Hippocras, I think LF makes it till the end pretty much, D and D seem to love him and his machinations. I remember in season 1 when asked what he wants and he says - Everything. It seemed flippant at the time but I think as the seasons have gone on and he is orchestrating most things and many key deaths, I think means he will get very close to getting the Iron Throne in 7.

Both of the Boltons, and either one of Theon or Sam or Rickon, and maybe Cersei as the season 6 climax, plus a bunch of others will probably be enough kills for 6.

1. Season opens with a flash back of TOJ, followed by Jons life up to 'For the Watch' then fades into Brans face (he's seeing the vision).

2. Sansa and Theon meet Brienne and Pod and they head to the wall

3. They meet Davos heading south, Sansa reveals her brothers are alive. Brienne tasks davos to find Rickon (possibly as penance for serving Stannis in a reflection of LSH/ Jamie).

4. Sansa and Co. reach the wall Brienne confronts Mel over Renlys death, while Sansa learns of Jons 'Death'. Mel explains the nature of her power and how she has seen a Red priest raise the dead.

5. Mean while in Meereen...... Tyrion and Co. in a hall with 1/2 dozen chained men, Tyrion asks Varys who they are. Varys explain they are the sons of the Harpy leaders. Trial, death etc.

6. Dany in a tent with Dothraki leaders trying to convince them to follow her, it's not going well they get aggressive, a shadow passes over the tent and there's commotion outside as Drogon passes over head. Dany calls to him and he lands, snapping at the Dothraki til Dany calms him, thus she wins the Dothraki to her cause.

7. Arya follows her arc from the book, continues to learn, wargs a cat and gets her sight back, possibly leaving the FM soon after.

8. In KL, Cersies trial approaches Robert Strong defeats the faiths champion while Margery's champion loses.

9.Jamie arrives back at kings landing with news of Marcella's death, Cersie goes mad, killing Tommen in some kind of accident (maybe burning the sparrows while Tommen is say good bye to Margery).

10. Jon is revived by Mel, just in time to stop Tormund and the wildlings completely destroying the Watch, season ends as the 'peace' is shattered by the Others and the wall starting to shake. 

I think this all sounds pretty plausible actually, especially 1-3. I think connecting the storylines as much as possible is a bit D&D aim so this ties into that.

I do wonder what happens to Theon however, I can't see him surviving.

This was explained in the tv show. Please watch the tv show.

No they resent the rich for being rich of course. They resent a High Septon who lives like a king and whores despite his vows while they starve. That is simple human nature. You also act like all commoners would be lining up for wine and whores assuming they could find any of either they could afford. Some might, many others would not. It is clearly shown on the show that they have the support of the common people. Maybe not all of them but a majority for sure. You are forgetting the scene where the High Sparrow is feeding the poor and the one where he is speaking with Olenna. Both of these demonstrate that the sparrows have the support of the common people.

High sparrow is shown helping people and being generally a nice guy, this is true. But when we see members of this cult they are shown disturbing public peace and destroying property. Also arrest royalty for being gay. This shows the HS doesn't really have control over his fanatics or is just putting on a show. If common thiefs would throw people out of brothels and destroy property wouldn't they get punished by the gold cloaks? Here nobody does anything. What gives fanatics in robes special protection?

The book version is a lot milder then this. And still Mace Tyrell  leaves the Siege of Storm's End after hearing Margaery got imprisoned. In the show the militant is a lot more evil and aggressive. And nobody does anything to stop them. Poor Tyrells with their multiple thousands of armored and trained soldiers. Can't even protect Loras from a bunch of religious fanatics armed with clubs and clad in robes. Pathetic.

Archived