Characters you just DO NOT understand people like

rayarts

This makes a lot of sense for me. Ned is a likeable person, but he makes some tragically bad decisions and misjudges things. It's easy to criticise some of the things that he does, but I still like him.

For me, I cannot understand the love for Theon, and I think the reverse applies in this. His actions, his development and his character arc can be really well explained and defended, but there is nothing likeable about him as a person. Instead of sweet moments like the one above with Ned, interactions with Theon are usually him trying to prove he is better than someone else (until he is Reekified).

For Ned some of his bad decisions are what make him a hero- telling Cersei to leave King's Landing for example.

As for Theon I think he's probably Georges best character, certainly the best in Dance. What I feel though is that some of Theons more tender moments e.g. his memory of Robb, are explained away by his fans quite often as products of his "imprisonment" whereas I believe they are supposed to be bitter sweet moments of real feeling

Cersie

Littlefinger

The Mountain

Ramsey

Walder Frey

I want to see all of them die brutally painful deaths. I cannot get my head around anyone liking those characters. Well maybe Walder Frey, he's not as bad as the rest.

I don't understand the Dany fans. I don't hate or even dislike her (Hell I barely enter any of her threads) but I find her painfully bland throughout.

Bland? I can understand being indifferent towards her, but she has a very fiery personality. I would never describe her as bland.

Bland? I can understand being indifferent towards her, but she has a very fiery personality. I would never describe her as bland.

Maybe it's way they are written but I find it a chore to read through her chapters. They bore me senseless.

@GravyFace To be fair his little brother was also willing to kill him over the throne as well. The only character I can really think of for this is Areo Hotah because he is such a non entity he does not even deserve to be a character. I also don't understand all the support for Val when her main contribution to the books is saying that Shireen should be killed for being unclean-that does not strike as being a particularly nice thing to do.

But Renly admitted that he wanted it. Stannis always claimed he didn't want it, but if that was actually the case he would've let Renly have it.

I have never been able to like Stannis, even though he has a frickin cult following among the fanbase. He would make an awful king, and the smallfolk would absolutely hate him. Furthermore, he is a massive hypocrite, such he sometimes says that he wants Davos to speak freely and tell him when he doesn't agree, but then punishes him for doing that.

@GravyFace Would the Smallfolk really hate the one king who has ever made a member of the smallfolk,Davos, his hand if he was king? The fact that a member of the smallfolk would have the second most powerful job on the seven kingdoms leaves me to believe that they would probably be treated fairly well if Stannis was king. If anything it would be the lords who hate Stannis due to his 'I will make new lords' and 'I have have not forgotten nor forgiven' approach to the lords who followed him after Renly's assassination.

Tywin Lannister wins this every day of the week.

honourable mention for

Garlan Tyrell

Willas Tyrell

Val

Rhaegar

Characters people dislike on the other hand.... I never understood why there's a relatively large amount of people who dislike Robb.

It's lit, not real life. I love Tywin, because he's a great villain. I was sad when he died. I love LF and Roose, too, for the same reason. Robb bored me, as a literary character, so I was meh about him. Dany's chapters bore me, and Dany annoys me, as a literary figure, so I don't much like her. otoh I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Robb and Dany have legions of fans, as what bores me will get someone else excited.

Tywin Lannister wins this every day of the week.

honourable mention for

Garlan Tyrell

Willas Tyrell

Val

Rhaegar

Characters people dislike on the other hand.... I never understood why there's a relatively large amount of people who dislike Robb.

For me robb was the king varys described in Dance. Just a pity he made stupid mistakes like his father. I'm biased here but I can see why people wouldn't feel anything much for Robb but can't understand any dislike

Tywin Lannister: He's such a repulsive monster yeah he can be interesting but he's not some sort of genius that people make him out to be he's lucky and things just falls into his lap because plot demands it. But I don't get the constant praise of like of this character he's the most evil person in the books IMO.

Jaime Lannister is whiny, and he's not likable IMO. When I read about him all I think is that he's a person who have tried to kill a innocent child, tried to maim/punish another innocent child and he started a war he's the worst.

Cersei Lannister she's not funny at all her chapters are disgusting, repetative and pathetic. The character is not entertaining just stupid.

The Boltons are boring contrived characters/house they suck they're motivations for what they do are dumb, they're betrayle of the Starks/Winterfell are even dumber and they made Theon chapters boring in ADWD.

Robert Baratheon my AGOT I did not see anything appealing about this character he was a child in a grown man's body. He was always slovenly dressed, his relationships were a mess and his kingdom had gone to shit.

The Greyjoys excluding Theon are all boring mindless idiots

The Freys are just there.

Bran. His chapters are consistently boring. But, worse that that is what he is doing to Hodor. Go back and read the descriptions of when Bran takes control of Hodor or thinks about what it is like when he does it. Hodor is in pain and goes into a tiny corner of his mind to cry. He doesn't want it or like it. The descriptions are creepily similar to reactions to abuse and rape. Bran even knows it is wrong, but keeps forcing himself on Hodor anyway, even to do pointless things like wander around the caves with Meera and Jojen. If he wants to wander around so much, then he could just do so in his partner Summer's mind. It makes me think that Bran won't necessarily be the force for good that many expect him to be.

Thank you! Glad to see I'm not the only one who engages in yawning whenever Bran rolls around with his "I want to be a knight!", "where is my third eye?" and mindrape shtick. I mean, come on, he knows it's wrong and that doing it terrifies Hodor, but he keeps on doing it like a flippant little prince who is used to having his way.

It gets worse. There are even Ramsay x Theon Shippers :ack:

I know exactly what kind of people do that. Young women, aged 16 and up. Their fetish of choice is man on man relations. I will not say the actual word for them (it's not nice) but it's the same kind of girls that made up stories of seeing Will elope with Jack Sparrow and read WAY too much into the relationship between Sam and Frodo. That kind of people.

Archived