Characters you just DO NOT understand people like

rayarts

No one likes Walder Frey

I can understand why people like Roose, even if he is abhorrent.

Ramsey on the other hand?

I think Walder Frey is a better character than Roose tbh. I mean Roose looks like a vampire, is fond of leeches, has a flayed man as his Sigil, and lives in a place called the Dreadfort ffs. And people whine about Dany's "cartoon mustache twirling villains". :rolleyes:

Khal Drogo and the Dothraki, any of the Mountain's Men, any of the Brave Companions, and most of the Iron Born.

Basically all the characters who just exist to be rapists/murders.

Khal Drogo was beast tamed by love ??? Mountain Men are hilarious, and exemplify a very different culture from most Westerosi, and the Brave Companions I have not really seen chosen as favorites, but to me the are villainous in nature so I get the dislike. As you generalized all the ironborn to one lump sum I shall not retort that remark.

Most of those characters are probably not even liked more than average, but they all have more value than rapist and murderers. Either through the roles they play, or just the depth they have.

Mine would be Jorah Mormont

I think maybe the hopeless romantic in him appeals to certain readers, and the similarities between him and Dany with the "homeless" thing, IDK

The actor on the show does a good job of conveying those feelings, but I will focus on book Jorah

He's a character who makes very poor decisions, and still has the nerve to think of himself as a knight? Fleeing the king's justice because he wanted to save his own neck, shaming his father and house, then trying to buy his way back into the good graces of the realm by informing?? He's like a child throwing a tantrum when forced into exile again for his own actions, he just doesn't want to accept the consequences.

What would possibly sway my opinion on the character would be a POV from him. I would suggest, if it were to happen in Winds, that he would be similar to Davos at the least, and in a very desperate state of mind

I think maybe the hopeless romantic in him appeals to certain readers, and the similarities between him and Dany with the "homeless" thing, IDK

The actor on the show does a good job of conveying those feelings, but I will focus on book Jorah

He's a character who makes very poor decisions, and still has the nerve to think of himself as a knight? Fleeing the king's justice because he wanted to save his own neck, shaming his father and house, then trying to buy his way back into the good graces of the realm by informing?? He's like a child throwing a tantrum when forced into exile again for his own actions, he just doesn't want to accept the consequences.

What would possibly sway my opinion on the character would be a POV from him. I would suggest, if it were to happen in Winds, that he would be similar to Davos at the least, and in a very desperate state of mind

Book Jorah is a self-entitled stalker. He gets zero love from me.

Ian Glen is likely why. He's awesome.

Also I never understood the love for Asha. She's completely uninteresting to me. The way she treats Theon is downright horrible.

So, okay, there are more characters which IMO do not deserve to have a fandom. But most of them wouldn't have one, I thought...

I always just saw the StannisMannisMania, which drove me nuts...

but I don't get also fans of:

Cersei

Ramsay

Roose

Cat

Sansa

and all the evil sidecharacters

Tyrion and Jaime, I was shocked when I first visited this forum and realised people love them. I hated these two from the start, and I can't imagine a development that would change that!

Now, THAT is a new one. Tyrion??? Seriously? But he is just so witty and sarcastic (although I admit that he is slightly more evil in the books than the show)

I know exactly what kind of people do that. Young women, aged 16 and up. Their fetish of choice is man on man relations. I will not say the actual word for them (it's not nice) but it's the same kind of girls that made up stories of seeing Will elope with Jack Sparrow and read WAY too much into the relationship between Sam and Frodo. That kind of people.

why would you assume it's 16 year old girls? have you ever been in the fandom and looked at the stuff thramsay fans post? I've been in the thramsay fandom for 3 years now. i'm a 24 year old girl, most of the people in the thramsay fandom are my age or older and we embrace the darkness of their relationship, we don't like thramsay in a romantic way (if we would be interested in romantic guy on guy we wouldn't be into thramsay) not to mention that I for example, never "shipped" anything, I couldn't care less who wants to fuck who and how romantic all of that is, i've always kinda hated that stuff (though tried to respect that other people do like it) and I don't even read thramsay fanfiction, I also couldn't care less whether or not their relationship is sexual or not. The only thing I care about is the complexity of it. The fact that Ramsay is completely obsessed with Theon and tortures him in order to break him and force another identity on him. especially in relation to Theon's already exisiting identity crisis. I have probably more then 50 essays written on Theon, sometimes in relation to Ramsay sometimes other things about his arc, I also wrote a 120 page book on Theon (that I'm revising at the moment). I'd also like to mention that A LOT of thramsay fans (myself included) are victims of abuse ourselves. So please don't lump us along the horny 16 year old teenagers who ship two male characters; it's very different from what thramsay really is. I've been in the fandom for years I know, clearly you don't.

Jon Snow. The man betrayed his brothers and committed treason. He betrayed the brothers who elected him to his leadership position, and then he pays them back by sending Mance (a man who betrayed the Night Watch) to steal the bride of the son of the Warden of the North. All that, just to rescue one kid.

why would you assume it's 16 year old girls? have you ever been in the fandom and looked at the stuff thramsay fans post? I've been in the thramsay fandom for 3 years now. i'm a 24 year old girl, most of the people in the thramsay fandom are my age or older and we embrace the darkness of their relationship.

Well, he did say 16 and up, which includes everything between 15,999999999 and infinite. So no need to be offended, you are included in his interval.

/smartass.

Well, he did say 16 and up, which includes everything between 15,999999999 and infinite. So no need to be offended, you are included in his interval.

/smartass.

I don't think there's any 16 year olds in the thramsay fandom, I'm one of the youngest ones. Also he made it sound like we're like twilight fans or something... it's pretty much the oppesite.

ADWD Tyrion is terrible, it actually put him in the top 5 most horrible POVs for me, his brother and sister also share this list.

I can actually emphatise on this. Tyrion is without a doubt my favourite character in ASOIAF and on Game of Thrones but I found his chapters in ADwD very annoying.

Now, THAT is a new one. Tyrion??? Seriously? But he is just so witty and sarcastic (although I admit that he is slightly more evil in the books than the show)

I guess finding him witty and sarcastic depends on your sense of humour...I find him condescending, and his jokes are always on someone else's behave.

I really disliked his behaviour when he was at the Wall, I'm not staying Allister is the greatest guy ever, but I feel like Tyrion picked up on Allister being disliked by the other and therefore made his cheap jokes about him, bullying Allister to get approval from others.

I hate him constantly complaining about how the world threats him wrongly when he has had such an easy life. I hate how he gets angry when beautiful women don't like him cause of his apperance when he is judging all women on their appearance. I hate him complaining about how his family didn't like him, when it is really just his father and sister, his brother and uncles and aunts all seems to love him.

I hate that the smallfolks of the Vale and Kingswood are being attacked by savage mountain clans men armed by Tyrion.

Killing a singer and then putting him in a stew cause he sing a song, not good in my book!

Moaning and complaining about being "replaced" as Hand, like something have been taken from him when he was always just a temporary replacement.

Moaning and complaining about Sansa's behaviour towards him after forcing her to marry him!

I could go on and on...

I guess finding him witty and sarcastic depends on your sense of humour...I find him condescending, and his jokes are always on someone else's behave.

I really disliked his behaviour when he was at the Wall, I'm not staying Allister is the greatest guy ever, but I feel like Tyrion picked up on Allister being disliked by the other and therefore made his cheap jokes about him, bullying Allister to get approval from others.

I hate him constantly complaining about how the world threats him wrongly when he has had such an easy life. I hate how he gets angry when beautiful women don't like him cause of his apperance when he is judging all women on their appearance. I hate him complaining about how his family didn't like him, when it is really just his father and sister, his brother and uncles and aunts all seems to love him.

I hate that the smallfolks of the Vale and Kingswood are being attacked by savage mountain clans men armed by Tyrion.

Killing a singer and then putting him in a stew cause he sing a song, not good in my book!

Moaning and complaining about being "replaced" as Hand, like something have been taken from him when he was always just a temporary replacement.

Moaning and complaining about Sansa's behaviour towards him after forcing her to marry him!

I could go on and on...

I could go on and on...

All fair points.

But I do like his wittiness, and I'm sympathetic to his plight as a child hated by hist father and sister. That doesn't excuse all of his other behavior, of course.

Archived