Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, NUMERO CINCO

i get annyoed when people over react and think others as stupid ..just because people like to call dany as khaleesi doesnt mean they dont know her real name ..they simply choose khaleesi because they like the sound of it ..even in the books she is been called khaleesi more so than daenerys

I am one of those who get irritated when Dany is referred to as Khaleesi. But I never call them stupid. It's just me, and idk I guess that's just how I feel. 

I am one of those who get irritated when Dany is referred to as Khaleesi. But I never call them stupid. It's just me, and idk I guess that's just how I feel.02

No am not saying you did ..i just saw some youtube reviews and the reviewers being called stupid when they use khaleesi

like reading the books give them superior stand and they also think that this somehow undermine the love for dany because the fans dont even know her real name ..which is not the case

i mean you may like or not like but she is khaleesi and people can call her that till she has one dothraki follows her and calls her khaleesi

how is it any differnt from calling someone lord commander, hound , kingslayer ,imp , red viper and so on ..

like i said its not directed at you but it irks me whenever i see some complaint about it

are you sure about that

I have seen In this site the most respected posters make fun of dany fans that her fans are only from show who only call her khaleesi and dont know her real name

So many Unsullied know nothing, like Jon Snow.

ALSO PEOPLE WHO CALL DANY "KHALEESI" IRRITATE THE SHIT OUT OF ME

Oh dear God, this. When talking to Unsullied, it always goes
"So you like Dany?"
"Who?"
"Daenerys."
"Who?"
"... Khaleesi?"
"Oh yeah! She's my favourite!"

i get annyoed when people over react and think others as stupid ..just because people like to call dany as khaleesi doesnt mean they dont know her real name ..they simply choose khaleesi because they like the sound of it ..even in the books she is been called khaleesi more so than daenerys

Sorry, I probably just annoyed you. :)
See, my problem is not with calling her that, really - sure it does sound cool. If people choose to call her that but know her real name, then it's fine by me.
What tickles me is when people seriously don't know her name and think it's Khaleesi. I don't wanna call anybody stupid because that has nothing to do with that, but you know? I'm sorry, but if you haven't gathered that Khaleesi's a title and not her name, you haven't been paying attention. (But since we're confessing, I also think that's okay though, it's become a shit show and and you should read the books anyway)

like reading the books give them superior stand

I confess I do believe that. At least I know I'm not alone, since I started lurking around this thread I think "I'm becoming/have turned into a book purist" is probably the most common thing I see.
Now don't get me wrong, of course it's fine not to have read the books, and if you enjoy the show and don't want to read them, that's fine. Doesn't make anybody stupid, I think it's a shame and they're missing out on one of the greatest life experience humans can get nowadays, but whatever. People calling unsullied stupid on youtube comments are assholes, I agree with you on that.

However...

and they also think that this somehow undermine the love for dany because the fans dont even know her real name ..which is not the case

Again, that's the thing. You casually watch Game of Thrones because everybody does, and boobies, and you watch everything HBO anyway, whatever your reason is. It's not a huge hobby of yours or anything. You don't know Dany's name, you think it's Khaleesi, whatever, I don't remember the names of everybody on every show I watch.

But if you're all like THIS SERIZ IZ D BEST I AM QALISSI SPIRITAL DOGHTER JON STARK IS SO CUTE, like you're serious about it? Come on.
I don't like talking about the show with Unsullied (or anyone, for that matter) anymore, because I quit that shit and I'm not looking back and I know it's prolly not spoilers, but I don't even wanna know what goes on there because I'm already pissed at stuff I've seen that I shouldn't have.

Yet some Unsullied still wanna talk because "hey Roddy, this guy told me you're like this huge game of thrones fan, well I fucking love the show man, my life revolves around it, let's compare our views on characters and stuff!"
And you don't know your favorite character's name? Get out of here.

how is it any differnt from calling someone lord commander, hound , kingslayer ,imp , red viper and so on ..

Nobody thinks Tywin named Cersei's twin baby brother "Kingslayer".

It's cool calling Bobby B "the King". It's not cool thinking his NAME is King. King King. Nuh-uh.

ETA: have you heard about that girl that named her daughter Khaleesi? I mean, no. No.

^this
And so what if someone named their daughter khaleesi? It's a better name than Daenerys and it's easier to pronounce and spell.

And so what if someone named their daughter khaleesi? It's a better name than Daenerys and it's easier to pronounce and spell.

That is stupid though. Like the character all you want but don't condemn your kid to mockery for the sake of having a unique name.

That is stupid though. Like the character all you want but don't condemn your kid to mockery for the sake of having a unique name.

How is it stupid? I have a very strange name myself. My name starts with a silent 'F' and ends with an 'e' that sounds like a 'y'. I have been mocked for it in the past, but I still like my name.

Oh dear God, this. When talking to Unsullied, it always goes
"So you like Dany?"
"Who?"
"Daenerys."
"Who?"
"... Khaleesi?"
"Oh yeah! She's my favourite!"

I don't know, even when I was still an Unsullied (though I think back then we were called Sweet Summerchildren) I knew her name was Daenerys/Dany. I could not remember the names of everyone (Lysa was "crazy titty lady" and Loras was the "Knight of Flowers") but I at the very least I knew the proper names and titles of the main characters by the middle of season one.

My two unsullied friends also call her Daenerys/Dany and not Khaleesi, though with one of them that might be my influence.

Incidentally I'm not a friend of calling people who haven't read the books "Unsullied".

Also when I first read the training procedure for Unsullied in the books I actually laughed because it sounded so ridiculously over the top and grim dark. I mean, come on, they have to kill puppies and babies(Martin forgot to add kittens). It sounds like bad fanfic written by a 13 year old trying to sound edgy.

^this

I have nothing against weird names, And I have nothing against ASOIAF-names (although I think I'd wanna wait till the end of the series, but nevermind that).

My problem is giving a name that is unusual without researching it first. I don't know that lady, for all I know she knows it's not a name, but she agrees with you that it sounds better than Daenerys.

Then it's like calling your son King. Okay. I wouldn't, but why not. Surely loads of names that are now common started out this way.

It's just (and again, i known and admit I'm talking out of my ass because I don't know the lady) I have this feeling she named her kid that thinking it was a name.

That's something I have a problem with. It's like getting a tattoo in French that doesn't mean what you think it means because you don't speak French and you couldn't be assed to do some basic research first.

Maybe you're cool with that. Whatever people like and whatnot.

I guess that makes you more open-minded than I am. :(

I don't know, even when I was still an Unsullied (though I think back then we were called Sweet Summerchildren) I knew her name was Daenerys/Dany. I could not remember the names of everyone (Lysa was "crazy titty lady" and Loras was the "Knight of Flowers") but I at the very least I knew the proper names and titles of the main characters by the middle of season one.
My two unsullied friends also call her Daenerys/Dany and not Khaleesi, though with one of them that might be my influence.

Your Unsullied friends must pay more attention than mine. Or not get as distracted by boobies.

Incidentally I'm not a friend of calling people who haven't read the books "Unsullied".

Heh, just after I finished typing my ramblings I thought of that and realized for the first time it's really not a nice thing to call them.

Don't mean anything by it, I've started out as an Unsullied myself.
I really don't have anything against people who haven't read the books. I am obsessed with them, but I don't expect anyone else to be; I know I'm the odd one out, and the Unsullied are the norm out there.

It's people that think they're all that and have only watched the show that annoy me. I dunno, maybe I just know annoying people.

(I guess it's like your hardcore Metallica fan, he probably doesn't have a problem with you not listening to Metallica, or listening to what he considers shit music. But he probably gets a little annoyed if you go to him because you think you're like him because you like shit music and you think it's Metallica - what do you mean, Metallica's not a genre?!)

(I am not a hardcore Metallica fan, I promise. ASOIAF is pretty much the only thing that turns me into an asshole, I think)

Heh, just after I finished typing my ramblings I thought of that and realized for the first time it's really not a nice thing to call them.

Don't mean anything by it, I've started out as an Unsullied myself.
I really don't have anything against people who haven't read the books. I am obsessed with them, but I don't expect anyone else to be; I know I'm the odd one out, and the Unsullied are the norm out there.

Nah I wasn't meaning you specifically. It was just a random ASoIaF confession. It's not even the castration angle for me, rather the idea of calling someone after a group of brainwashed battle slaves.

That's also the problem I have with people calling their children Khaleesi, it doesn't mean Queen (or might only mean it when applied to Daenaerys) it basically means "Current Main Squeeze of the leader of a roving band of rapists and killers" Not a nice name to give your daughter...

I find it absolutely absurd too to call your daughter Khaleesi since

a) it has no meaning outside of ASOIAF and if you're not a hardcore fan of the books/series I don't really see the point of naming someone like that.

b ) its meaning within the ASOIAF world is not really such a great meaning (so hardcore fan would actually never name their daughter Khaleesi).

c) the woman probably named her daughter this way cause the series was such a huge hit, and she would be hype to call her daughter like that. 

That's also the problem I have with people calling their children Khaleesi, it doesn't mean Queen (or might only mean it when applied to Daenaerys) it basically means "Current Main Squeeze of the leader of a roving band of rapists and killers" Not a nice name to give your daughter...

Hahaha, there's that, too.

I don't see why everyone is get so upset about the Khaleesi's boobies. They were very nice boobies. Not as nice as Arianne's woulda been, but very nice all the same.

Because the show is disproportionally understaffed when it comes to mancandy (especially if you aren't into gruff 40-somethings) :P

I admit that I am very bad at detecting characters' relationship, to the point of me almost priding myself in understanding that Connington had a crush on Rhaegar.

I have also not watched a single episode of A Game of Thrones and have yet come to hate the show.

Archived