Any cruel Starks in the history?

Starkist

• 7 months later...
On 20/07/2015 at 11:02 PM, Winter's Cold said:

Ned got his head chopped off for doing the opposite. 

Kind of a necropost here, but eh.

I disagree, Eddard got his head chopped off because he pushed for war with the Lannisters, in the name of honour and feudal duty. If keeping people as safe as possible was his plan, he would have gone with Renly's plan, Littlefinger's plan, or would have willingly ignored the subject of succession.

Eddard chose war and death over "dishonour".

On 18/7/2015 at 7:49 AM, Holley 4 Barrel said:

Arya is about as bad as you can get.  Somebody needs to chop her head off and put her down before she hurts any more people.

I cannot say if you are serious or not. Seriously? Your plan to help a child who has seen the death of her father, has lost her whole family and she was running for her life is to kill her? Do you believe the same about Dany?

6 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I cannot say if you are serious or not. Seriously? Your plan to help a child who has seen the death of her father, has lost her whole family and she was running for her life is to kill her? Do you believe the same about Dany?

Lol. This surprising coming from you. I distinctly remember you calling Arya "psycho".

1 minute ago, Joan Jett said:

Lol. This surprising coming from you. I distinctly remember you calling Arya "psycho".

Really? I don't remember that. Mostly because I refrain from using the word "psycho". I do believe that Arya has some mental disorder but I believe that this disorder is PTSD.

14 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Really? I don't remember that. Mostly because I refrain from using the word "psycho". I do believe that Arya has some mental disorder but I believe that this disorder is PTSD.

Wait Nevermind. I just realized the post I was thinking of was posted four years ago. 

To me Arya is a little more, how can I put it nicely?, psycho maybe and the poor Realm couldn’t stand another mad ruler. That’s why I don’t like Dany as queen either because she is both psycho and boring.

I read older threads often. I'm sure you've changed a bit since then.

7 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Wait Nevermind. I just realized the post I was thinking of was posted four years ago. 

I read older threads often. I'm sure you've changed a bit since then.

Not only it was from four years ago but it is one of my first posts which was made the same date I joined the forums. I do have changed in real life and in ASOIAF knowledge after so many rereads. :)

Theon Stark, The Hungry Wolf. 

In retribution to an invasion lead by ONE Andal Adventurer, Theon Stark sailed to Andalos with a large armada to take revenge against Andalos (even though those in Andalos stayed behind and therefore had nothing to do with Artos Sevenstar's invasion of The North). 

As the wiki states, "There he took a bloody vengeance, burning scores of villages, capturing three tower houses and a fortified sept putting thousands to the sword in the process. The heads of the slain the Hungry Wolf claimed as prizes, carrying them back to Westeros and planting them on spikes along his own coasts as a warning to other would be conquerors."

This wasn't justice, it wasn't justifiable, it was fucking genocide! He murdered thousands of people for no other reason than because they belonged to a specific ethnic/cultural group. 

Then later The Hungry Wolf launched what came to be known as The Rape of The Three Sisters. 

"According to chronicles written by Sistermen and men of the Vale of Arryn, the northmen committed numerous atrocities. Supposedly, they killed children and cooked them in pots, disemboweled men and wound their entrails around spits, executed three thousand warriors in a single day at the Headman's Mount, and Belthasar Bolton made a "Pink Pavilion" out of the flayed skins of a hundred Sistermen."

That's some Nanking shit right there. Even if The Sistermen were Eugenicist Pirates, they still didn't deserve to be so horrifically mistreated. 

In total, Theon Stark was a bloodthirsty monster with a long list of crimes against humanity. There's a reason the Starks stopped using the name Theon.

3 minutes ago, TimJames said:

In retribution to an invasion lead by ONE Andal Adventurer, Theon Stark sailed to Andalos with a large armada to take revenge against Andalos (even though those in Andalos stayed behind and therefore had nothing to do with Artos Sevenstar's invasion of The North). 

As the wiki states, "There he took a bloody vengeance, burning scores of villages, capturing three tower houses and a fortified sept putting thousands to the sword in the process. The heads of the slain the Hungry Wolf claimed as prizes, carrying them back to Westeros and planting them on spikes along his own coasts as a warning to other would be conquerors."

This wasn't justice, it wasn't justifiable, it was fucking genocide! He murdered thousands of people for no other reason than because they belonged to a specific ethnic/cultural group. 

Then later The Hungry Wolf launched what came to be known as The Rape of The Three Sisters. 

"According to chronicles written by Sistermen and men of the Vale of Arryn, the northmen committed numerous atrocities. Supposedly, they killed children and cooked them in pots, disemboweled men and wound their entrails around spits, executed three thousand warriors in a single day at the Headman's Mount, and Belthasar Bolton made a "Pink Pavilion" out of the flayed skins of a hundred Sistermen."

That's some Nanking shit right there. Even if The Sistermen were Eugenicist Pirates, they still didn't deserve to be so horrifically mistreated. 

In total, Theon Stark was a bloodthirsty monster with a long list of crimes against humanity. There's a reason the Starks stopped using the name Theon.

Yeah he was one of the worst people in the history. 

29 minutes ago, TimJames said:

His actions against the Andals look more like self-defense and justified retaliation to me. Clearly there was some malice and Theon went violently overboard, but the Andals did start the conflict by trying to invade. Theon merely responded in a manner that would deter any future threats to himself or his people.

Rape of the Three Sisters speak for itself so I won't dispute that one.

However, he also defended his people from Ironborn and Wildling Invasions. So the long list is only really one act, the others were acts of justified self-defense and retaliation for a war which the Andals, Ironborn and Wildlings started.

11 minutes ago, LordPathera said:

His actions against the Andals look more like self-defense and justified retaliation to me. Clearly there was some malice and Theon went violently overboard, but the Andals did start the conflict by trying to invade. Theon merely responded in a manner that would deter any future threats to himself or his people.

The Andals in Andalos stayed behind; they had literally nothing to do with Argos Sevenstar's invasion of The North. 

I shouldn't have to explain this, but "The Andals" are not a hive-mind. Some invaded North, some invaded South, and some stayed home and tended their farms in peace. Theon only killing the first ones would be fine, but instead he went after the third one. Calling Theon's invasion of Andalos an act of self-defense would be like calling the Bosnian Genocide an act of self-defense. He wasn't trying to remove a king from power, or enact a political change, or even increase his territorial holdings: Theon's invasion of Andalos literally had no other goal than to end as many non-Northern lives as possible. Go to an Andalos Town, decapitate every man, woman, and child there, collect their heads, rinse and repeat. 

"You attacked me, so now I'm gonna kill everyone with the same race as you!" is not something that can ever be justified. Guilt is NOT transitive. 

As for fighting off the Ironborn, so what? Even Joseph Stalin fought wars against Adolf Hitler; doesn't make him a Hero.

The Hungry Wolf was a monster with no redeeming qualities. 

39 minutes ago, khal drogon said:

Yeah he was one of the worst people in the history. 

Compared to The Hungry Wolf, Maegor the Cruel had restraint. Compared to The Hungry Wolf, Cersei Lannister had a just conscience. Compared to The Hungry Wolf, Tywin Lannister was merciful. 

On 7/9/2015 at 5:03 PM, Winter's Cold said:

He was merciful to Cersei's children which was his biggest mistake. Northmen do not have be to good at the Game of Thrones. They just have to be ruthless when needed. It's fine to be nice to allies and friends but that same niceness cannot be applied to enemies or the children of enemies. Tywin murdered the Tarbeck and Reyne children with no reprecussions from his bannermen, he also murdered Elia and her children with no reprecussions as well. In the song of ice and fire universe at least, ruthlessness produces better results than mercy.

You sure about that? He ended up murdered by his own son while taking a shit. Do you really think ruthlessness produced good results?

On 7/9/2015 at 5:38 PM, Chinoiserie said:

Ned's downfall was result of many mistakes, being mercifull to Cersei's children would not have had to be fatal if he had no made the others.

None of his mistakes would've been fatal if Robert hadn't died. He was very unlucky.

Archived