Official Season 5 Character Screentime

larastone

Well, Arya isn't one of the top five main characters. Her arc is too detached from the main story and her character has no significance in the long run. The top five, however, play a key role in Westeros. And, because of that, they deserve to have more screentime than the others.

"Play a key role in Westeros". Daenerys?

Arya was the top five in the outline: "The five key players are Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and three of the children of Winterfell, Arya, Bran, and the bastard Jon Snow."

Granted, the outline has changed, but I rather doubt Arya has lost importance, just saying.

Arya was the top five in the outline: "The five key players are Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and three of the children of Winterfell, Arya, Bran, and the bastard Jon Snow."

Granted, the outline has changed, but I rather doubt Arya has lost importance, just saying.

The "Arya" in that outline was completely Sansa, but just with Arya's name.

And of course Sansa mattered last season. She's going to take back Winterfell and the North, and this was just one step there.

Arya has never been much important to begin with. She just exists to give insight to Harrenhal, the Brotherhood, and the HoBW. She herself is not key to anything at all.

"Play a key role in Westeros". Daenerys?

She's going to go to Westeros with her dragons. Her dragons will probably help against the White Walkers.

Of course the Sansa in the outline was engaged to Joffrey. And the Arya in the outline had a sword named Needle.

A lot of the outline was kept but where it goes with Sansa and Arya at this point is anyone's guess. Sansa though, had a baby and I "dread" if they F up her character more with a baby Bolton.

But she hasn't done anything so far.

In my mind it seems clear that the Arya storyline is building up for her to have a major impact later on. The fact she is being trained to be a faceless man and have a single minded determination to get revenge suggests that shes not just there to give you a picture of whats happening in Westeros. She might seem like an outlier but yes, so has Dany. But everyone knows Dany is going to make an impact eventually.

I was surprised that Arya did not have more time than she did this year. I do expect her to make some advancement before long. I expect her destiny is to receive a very high target that will bring her back to Westeros. I would be dissapointed if she is still in Essos at the end of season 6.

MEh there are 9 main characters who are still alive at this point imo, Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Arya, Bran, Sansa and Theon. If it was the books, i'd take theon out since he went MIA for several books. Jon leads the Night's Watch arc, Dany the Essos arc, both are mostly detached from the rest of the story (especially Dany) but are some of the biggest storylines. The Lannister siblings have always been important, the wandering Stark children range from important to completely forgotten depending on the book/season

The "Arya" in that outline was completely Sansa, but just with Arya's name.

That's not the case. Outline Arya had a sword named "Needle" and a very close relationship with Jon. Outline Sansa marries Joffrey, bears his child, and sides with Joffrey and their son over the Starks, something she comes to regret.

That's not the case. Outline Arya had a sword named "Needle" and a very close relationship with Jon. Outline Sansa marries Joffrey, bears his child, and sides with Joffrey and their son over the Starks, something she comes to regret.

Don't bother arguing, that person surely trolling (Arya inexplicably acquired a decent number of them this season).

Archived