Tyrion will not be on Dany's side during the Dance

chrisdaw

I think Tyrion will be on Dany's side as he doesn't have an army to go with a dragon. He needs the support of a monarch to get CR. Aegon and co. likely won't take him back if he lands with Dany she says Aegon is fake. They would likely put all the blame on Tyrion, saying he lied to her for his own gain. 

I'm new here. :-)

Do you think Tyrion will actually betray Dany, becoming one of the three treasons mentioned in the House of the Undying? If so, perhaps Aegon and JonCon somehow pull Tysha into the game? 

Love the observation about his eyes, though. 

Absolutely. Tyrion will betray Daenerys for all the gold of Casterly Rock.

I think Tyrion will be on Dany's side as he doesn't have an army to go with a dragon. He needs the support of a monarch to get CR. Aegon and co. likely won't take him back if he lands with Dany she says Aegon is fake. They would likely put all the blame on Tyrion, saying he lied to her for his own gain. 

They will if he's riding one of three game changing dragons... like say... Ulf the White!

They will if he's riding one of three game changing dragons... like say... Ulf the White!

Excpet unlike Ulf. Tyrion is facing charges of regicide and kinslaying. He needs Dany to back his claim to CR. 

Excpet unlike Ulf. Tyrion isn't facing charges of regicide and kinslaying. He needs Dany to back his claim to CR. 

Tyrion wasn't charged with regicide and kinslaying?

Perhaps Tyrion will decide Aegon is his ticket to Casterly Rock?

not sure about that.

text foreshadows Tyrion taking CR using the sewers... In fact CR is the only dragon proof castle in westeros..

Who is the only person whose forces have taken any place through the sewers?  Dany.

Tyrion has the knowledge, Dany's forces have the experience.

1 + 1 = 2

Perhaps Tyrion will decide Aegon is his ticket to Casterly Rock?

Connington won't allow him back after Dany arrives saying Aegon is fake, They'll think Tyrion lied to her about Aegon's identity to advance himself. 

Connington won't allow him back after Dany arrives saying Aegon is fake, They'll think Tyrion lied to her about Aegon's identity to advance himself. 

That's cause you think Daenerys will arrive ready to fight Aegon. But don't feel bad. Melisandre has trouble reading the signs and portents too. :P

I don't think Tyrion wants to be on anyone's side anymore. He is the embodiment of bad omen as his birth was prophesied : the fall of the Lannisters(Tywin), famine, wars and plagues(he sent Aegon and sick Jon). At this point, he is just mad and want to send as much trouble westward as he posaibly can.

At this exact point in time in the story, I think Tyrion is planning to win Dany over and become her ally/Hand. After all, he doesn't have a dragon yet, and has no idea he might ever get one. He fooled (f)Aegon into going west

(ADwD p364)

... Could the pretty princeling have swallowed the bait? Turned them west instead of east abandoning his hopes of wedding Queen Daenerys? Abandoning the dragons ... would Griff allow that?

Tyrion needs a position, or he's nothing. If (f)Aegon met up with and married Dany, JonCon would have become her Hand, and Tyrion would have lost out. Tyrion needs time to win Dany's confidence.

But that's right now, and everything is set to change. Tyrion hasn't even met Dany yet. He will want to evaluate her. He could still switch again. And if he does indeed claim a dragon, the power calculations change instantly. A lot depends on what (f)Aegon does, how long JonCon survives and hides his greyscale, and how Dany's decision making changes in the near future.

Of course, we don't even know which dragons will be dancing, yet. More could come out of the woodwork. If Tommen gets fully discredited or killed, and everyone thinks Stannis is dead, there will be a jump ball for the throne. We could see a Brightflame claimant, or a descendant of Daella or Rhae. Remember, (f)Aegon doesn't have any proof of his birth claim, and Dany might not make it to Westeros by the end of TWoW. (Tyrion has been foreshadowed to take Dragonstone - he could get to Westeros before Dany.)

He doesn't need to betray Dany to get Casterly Rock.  He's far more likely to be able to take it with her help.

And quite frankly the text foreshadows Tyrion and Dany's forces taking the rock together.

I don't take issue with this. It doesn't mean tyrion won't betray daenerys once he is inside. I have a feeling Daenerys, Tyrion, and Jaime are going to have a similar circumstance that mad king had with tywin, jaime, and Aerys. The question is who is going to be where? Martin likes to rehash things but changes them up.

I think Aegon will find out about Jon Conningtons Greyscale, and will find favor of Tyrion based on previous advice, and will make him the Hand over the course of the war, so Tyrion will be in the middle, but ultimately choose Aegon and be one of Danjy's betrayals, ultimately ending in Dany's death.

Dance of the Dragons was the smallest dragons vs the biggest Dragon. Dance of the Dragons 2.0 will be the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

That's cause you think Daenerys will arrive ready to fight Aegon. But don't feel bad. Melisandre has trouble reading the signs and portents too. :P

Then what is the second Dance of Dragons GRRM talked about, and is hinted at in TWoW Arianne I? 

Then what is the second Dance of Dragons GRRM talked about, and is hinted at in TWoW Arianne I? Unless you have a cop of TWoW or ADoS that says otherwise, you have nothing to go on that I'm wrong, so you're one to talk. 

Dang, who peed in your Cheerios so early in the morning? I expect Daenerys will come to Aegon's aid as he's hard pressed just as Tyrion predicted, and they'll split later. I know you think she'll be coming to take him out right away. I was just having some fun. That's all.

Archived