Tyrion will not be on Dany's side during the Dance

chrisdaw

Perhaps it's GRRM getting Dany stuck in Mereen ?

And introducing (f)Aegon so late in the story as an improbable plot device.

Did you ever consider that ?

The Hand Tyrion+Dany win the world sentiment feels like it came after ADWD, then went, and now is returning. Perhaps it' an influx of new readers post season 5 and that the common thought after finishing ADWD is Tyrion+Dany.

Very nice catch on the black and green eyes for the "dance of dragons"!

And I think dany will be betrayed by Jon for love. 
Maybe Arya Stark. 

There are a lot of green and black combinations...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104104-green-and-black/

Not a hard assumption to come up with when the book themselves flat out tell us that Dany shouldn't trust Tyrion. 

*Quaithe* tells Daenerys this. If you look closely who she lists, she warns Daenerys against people who would lead Dany WEST, that is, AWAY from Asshai where Quaithe is trying to lure her to.

(On mobile. Allcaps easier than italics.)

There are a lot of green and black combinations...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104104-green-and-black/

But something like he "keep on eye on black, keep another eye on green"

sounds really fit for the story!

Tyrion will not be on either side, he will watch just like his dad Tywin and then take the winning side to claim his gold (Casterly Rock)

Dany will be betrayed by him for gold. 

*Quaithe* tells Daenerys this. If you look closely who she lists, she warns Daenerys against people who would lead Dany WEST, that is, AWAY from Asshai where Quaithe is trying to lure her to.

(On mobile. Allcaps easier than italics.)

I don't believe Quaithe is trying to lure Daenerys to Asshai. When Daenerys arrived in Qarth (Daenerys II, Clash 27), she wrestles between her desire to rest and enjoy Renly's peach, and her desire to avenge her house and claim her father's throne...

When all the men had gone, her handmaids stripped off the travel-stained silks she wore, and Dany padded out to where the marble pool sat in the shade of a portico. The water was deliciously cool, and the pool was stocked with tiny golden fish that nibbled curiously at her skin and made her giggle. It felt good to close her eyes and float, knowing she could rest as long as she liked.

But before she could do that she must conquer.

Her doubts made her shiver. Suddenly the water felt cold to her, and the little fish prickling at her skin annoying.

And then Quaithe, the only person in Qarth outside of her khalasar not trying to exploit Daenerys, advises her...

"To go north, you must journey south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow."

Daenerys III, Clash

Many commenters seem to agree with Daenerys (!) that Quaithe was advising Daenerys to go to Asshai to gain knowledge...

Asshai, Dany thought. She would have me go to Asshai. "Will the Asshaii give me an army? she demanded. Will there be gold for me in Asshai? Will there be ships? What is there in Asshai that I will not find in Qarth?"

"Truth," said the woman in the mask. And bowing, she faded back into the crowd.

But Quaithe never actually advised Daenerys to go to Asshai. In fact, she would later advise Daenerys to remember who she is: the blood of The Dragon. Rather, Quaithe suggested that Daenerys would not find truth in Qarth.

Quaithe was advising Daenerys that she must apply counter intuition, that she has to go in an opposite direction to get to her destination. To sit the Iron Throne and consolidate her rule over the Seven Kingdoms, Daenerys must give up her desire to live a sheltered peaceful life eating peaches and resting in pools with nibbling fish. She must remember who she is and go back to the Dothraki Sea.

ETA

The most intriguing contrast of course is to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow. There are a few possibilities for shadow other than Asshai: Dragonstone the lonely citadel in the wet waste surrounded by storm and salt with the smoking shadow of the mountain at its back, Drogon's lair in the Dothraki Sea, Drogon, and Vaes Dothrak beneath the shadow of the Mother of Mountains. To "pass beneath the shadow," of course could also mean to die.

Dany is asscoiated with number three and there are 3 phases of her life according to House of Undying. I believe three visions for each phase he grouped need to be sorted out as well.

1) "Daughter of death"

Includes "mount to bed" (Silver which was given to her by Drogo), "treason for blood" (Mirri betraying her), "fire for life" (the funeral pyre and birth of her dragons). All three events deal with Drogo.

Also she is the daughter of death in these visions: Viserys dying and screaming while gold is poured on his head; a blue eyed king who cast no shadow (Stannis,she will burn him alive with her dragon,because in a way,they both have claims on a throne. It is foreshadowed by Stannis' sigil of burning stag); a horse trotting towards a stream (obviously has to do with Drogo and how she brought death to him).

2) "Slayer of lies"

It is her current phase. Probably will conclude by the middle of ADOS,when she has conquered everything by the Neck in Westeros and about to march North. Includes "mount to dread"(I suspect it is Drogon), "treason for gold"(this is the only vision I am not sure about,it could be anyone), "fire for death"(the fire that will be significant and remembered. I suspect it might be the burning of Water Gardens or Sunspear in Dorne and the future destruction of Martell family. Or maybe the destruction of Oldtown and the Citadel). All three events deal with her conquest of Westeros and fight against fAegon.

Another three visions that can be linked to "slayer of lies" phase: her unborn child Rhaego a grown warrior with a stallion banner (a lie which she slew already); a vision of a cloth dragon swaying on poles among the crowd (the lie of Aegon); a corpse with grey lips smiling sadly on a ship (I think it has to do with Euron and him pretending to be Daarion Naharis. Yes,yes,I believe that theory. Also his association witn warlocks give me a pause. He might be this corpse after all).

3) "Bride of fire/death"

The future event that will tie to her encounter with North and White Walker invasion. It includes "mount to love" (since we already dealt with a horse and a dragon for her previous mounts,this mount is associated with love and the North,which means this mount should be associated with Jon. I believe this mount is Ghost), "treason for love" (this treason is associated with love as well. Which two people love each other to dear end and constantly think about each other? Yes,I think Arya will betray Dany for Jon,when she is assigned to kill him), "fire to love" (note it is TO love,not FOR love,therefore,this fire might be metaphorical,to make someone with "heart swollen blue with corruption" fall in love with her,and the only candidate is Jon). As you can see,all three visions deal with love,and her biggest love will be Jon (and her death as well,because she will die bearing his child).

And this phase of her life can be linked to three visions as well: Rhaegar dying and whispering the name of supposedly Lyanna; the stone beast flying from a tower and breathing shadow fire (I believe an ice dragon in Winterfell); a blue rose in a chink of ice. All three are linked to Jon I believe.

So the way I sorted these visions,I do not see Tyrion betraying Dany for Jaime. It is not as easy as it seems. It will be Arya,because she will initially work for Dany and eliminate Varys and all other "greens" for her. Arya has a fascination with strong female leaders (Nymeria),but when it comes to Jon,she will definitely betray Dany for him. She might even take the assignment of getting rid of this supposed Jon Stark,King of Winter. She believes her brother to be dead,but when she encounters him,she will switch sides. All these memories of Jon and Arya have to play a role,and no,I do not believe it is for tragic means.

the stone beast flying from a tower and breathing shadow fire (I believe an ice dragon in Winterfell); 

I am not sure about others, but this one looks more like Griff with Grey scale with young griff as some sort of fake or shadowy dragon. 

In case nobody has noticed yet, Tyrion is always on his own side, even when he thinks he is not. That has never changed. 

I would agree with this as far as politics, family and love throws things about though. Pushing Aegon to head West being the greatest example thus far.

Archived