Tyrion will not be on Dany's side during the Dance

chrisdaw

If you don't believe there will be a dance, Dany vs Aegon, black vs green, or that Tyrion will ride a dragon (Viserion) then this topic isn't for you.

Feels to me like people are swinging back to thinking Tyrion will be Dany's happy little helper. Perhaps it's the show doing away with Aegon, I don't know, but I disagree with it.

Tyrion will not be on Dany's side during the dance, he will not be on Aegon's either, he will play it straight down the middle. Tyrion doesn't know he's in a fantasy series, he doesn't know Aegon is a Johnny-come-lately and that Dany is one of the big three, to him Aegon is as good a chance as Dany of winning the dance. Life is fickle, a lucky arrow or a slip aboard Drogon's back and Dany could be out of the game, and Tyrion with her if he throws his lot in with her.

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros... "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

In the midst, in the middle, Tyrion in the middle.

One green eye, one black, an eye for each side, no bias. (Not a discovery of mine, I first read this in one of the moments of foreshadowing topics.)

Tywin writ small, when faced with similar circumstances the Tywin way was to sit tight and watch while the two forces fought for the realm. And when it was clear a victor had emerged he moved swiftly to buy his way in with blood. And so it will be with Tyrion.

Walking the fine line of remaining friend to both sides but enemy and ally of none will be a challenge, but GRRM has(will) arm Tyrion with a few things to work with. First off, as a dragon rider no-one will want to make an enemy of him as he could tip the balance of things. Then there's history, GRRM granted Tyrion the good fortune of saving Aegon's life and giving him the best advice he's ever received, not the sort of things that make him an easy enemy. How he endears himself to Dany we'll have to wait and see, but regardless of if he does or does not there's every chance that when he sits Viserion Dany will think he must have blood of the dragon, and I doubt she'll want to lose another brother.

That's what I think as well. Tyrion hasn't shown any feelings that he believes dany should sit the throne, only a desire for her to sit it because then he might get to become Lord of CR, get his revenge, so on, so on.
It's why he jumped ship when aegon came. Because he saw a quicker, easier solution. It's why he encouraged him to go to westeros quickly when in the long term it would have been better to meet up with dany. Or that's the way i interpreted it.
Anyway I don't believe he'll be dany's loyal servant

I don't think he'll be a 100% true-believer in either Dany or Aegon.  The way the plot is progressing, however, leads me to believe he'll side with Dany.  At this point, I'm guessing all Tyrion cares about is killing his sister and probably ruling Casterly Rock.

Also Aegon/JonCon think that Tyrion abandoned them...I don't think they're too happy  about it.

Your point is well taken though- he is definitely not going to be a another true believer... 

That's what I think as well. Tyrion hasn't shown any feelings that he believes dany should sit the throne, only a desire for her to sit it because then he might get to become Lord of CR, get his revenge, so on, so on.
It's why he jumped ship when aegon came. Because he saw a quicker, easier solution. It's why he encouraged him to go to westeros quickly when in the long term it would have been better to meet up with dany. Or that's the way i interpreted it.
Anyway I don't believe he'll be dany's loyal servant

I don't think anyone believes that last, but I disagree that Tyrion would likely favor Aegon over Dany.

Tyrions most stable strategy to remove Cersei and get Casterley Rock for himself is to get both Dany and Aegon to Westeros and forge an alliance. The two of them duking it out would work against him. Tyrion goaded Aegon into making the first move, because he had already (correctly) surmised that something was keeping Dany in Mereen - something that Aegon showing up and demanding she marry him would not resolve.

However, Aegon going to westeros First and beginning th war to retake the throne for the Targs is highly likely to incentivize Dany to leave. Tyrion has to only say, hey BTW your last living relative has resurfaced and he's doing what you havnt been able to despite having no dragons... But he could sure use your help. Dany has a strong instinct to save others AND an overwhelming desire for family, given she has had none. Tyrion is right to think this is the most likely way to get her to weateros.

Of course, it's all but certain he won't be successful in his endeavors to unite the two as Aegon is probably the mummers dragon and Arianne is poised to put herself squarely in the middle. Being Tyrion, though, he'll likely end up with whoever is on top in the end.

I'm new here. :-)

Do you think Tyrion will actually betray Dany, becoming one of the three treasons mentioned in the House of the Undying? If so, perhaps Aegon and JonCon somehow pull Tysha into the game? 

Love the observation about his eyes, though. 

I'm new here. :-)

Do you think Tyrion will actually betray Dany, becoming one of the three treasons mentioned in the House of the Undying? If so, perhaps Aegon and JonCon somehow pull Tysha into the game? 

Love the observation about his eyes, though.

Yes, he'll buy his way in with Dany by handing her over a living relative, possibly the children or more likely Jaime. Living is important, Tywin killed the royal children but Tyrion said he'd have let Robert bloody his own hands, Tyrion will leave the blooding to Dany. Anyway she'll get Jaime and trial him for killing Aerys, Jaime will reveal the truth as to why he did actually kill Aerys, Tyrion will see the truth of it, emotions will flow, Dany will sentence Jaime to the dragon pit despite Tyrion's protests

"I dreamed about the queen," he said. "I was on my knees before her, swearing my allegiance, but she mistook me for my brother, Jaime, and fed me to her dragons."

"Let us hope this dream was not prophetic

and then Tyrion will betray her for it.

Thats a well put together theory, I'll have to give it some more thought tho because it is in direct conflict to other theories of mine, for example I don't really see your version of Tyrion betraying her as likely, but also I think its been foreshadowed that Tyrion has business to finish in the Vale, which would parallel him to Visenya and put him on Rhaenyra or Danys side in the dance.

I don't think anyone believes that last, but I disagree that Tyrion would likely favor Aegon over Dany.

I didn't mean that. What I meant is Tyrion doesn't care who it is he supports so long as they can offer him his wants quickly. That's why i brought up "aegon", cause it shows how fast Tyrion will switch from one side to another when the offers better

He doesn't need to betray Dany to get Casterly Rock.  He's far more likely to be able to take it with her help.

And quite frankly the text foreshadows Tyrion and Dany's forces taking the rock together.

not sure about that.

text foreshadows Tyrion taking CR using the sewers... In fact CR is the only dragon proof castle in westeros..

Archived