Season 6: What will be the opening scene?

Colonel Green

How will she keep Jon's body preserved?

The Night's Watch will want to burn the body straight away and no ice cells have been shown to exist on the show. It just makes no sense for Jon's body to be dead for so long, unless he comes back in a bad shape, which seems unlikely. This is why I don't understand the 'Jon won't be resurrected until episode 9 or 10' argument. His body needs to be dealt with.

Also, from Season 6 speculation, it looks like-

[spoiler] Jon is getting a funeral.  Smoke was seen at the Castle Black set and an extra spoke about a 'funeral scene' being shot.[/spoiler]

I feel like it a few things are pretty obvious:

1. The Watch just murdered him. The ones who did it think wildlings are a bigger problem than White Walkers. They don't take the threat seriously. That eliminates the only two reasons why they would burn his body. Murderers don't turn around and give their victims a funeral, and people who don't take White Walkers seriously don't burn bodies to protect themselves. There may have been smoke at the set, but it is IMO unlikely that it was because of a Watch funeral. There are seriously hundreds of explanations for smoke on the set....like maybe buildings burning because of the wildling reaction to Jon's murder, or Ramsay attacking the Watch because they didn't give him Sansa. Too many to count.

2. Preserving Jon's body is not that hard at a big Wall of ice. There is really no need for ice cells to have been previously introduced. They can dig a hole. They can put Jon in their meat storage room. Who knows. But there is no shortage of ice.

I feel like it a few things are pretty obvious:

1. The Watch just murdered him. The ones who did it think wildlings are a bigger problem than White Walkers. They don't take the threat seriously. That eliminates the only two reasons why they would burn his body. Murderers don't turn around and give their victims a funeral, and people who don't take White Walkers seriously don't burn bodies to protect themselves. There may have been smoke at the set, but it is IMO unlikely that it was because of a Watch funeral. There are seriously hundreds of explanations for smoke on the set....like maybe buildings burning because of the wildling reaction to Jon's murder, or Ramsay attacking the Watch because they didn't give him Sansa. Too many to count.

2. Preserving Jon's body is not that hard at a big Wall of ice. There is really no need for ice cells to have been previously introduced. They can dig a hole. They can put Jon in their meat storage room. Who knows. But there is no shortage of ice.

How do we know that Thorne will come out and say, "yeah, we murdered the Lord Commander. No funeral for the traitor." Killing your predecessor is not good for your reputation and it is bad business when it comes to Jon loyalists and Wildlings. I wouldn't be surprised if he blames it on the Wildlings. The mutineers did attack Jon at Night time, when no one was around and they left his body lying in the snow, creating a crime scene.

Jon became Lord Commander by 1 vote, so Thorne already had allot of support (probably increased after Jon saved the Wildlings). The men who voted Thorne are no doubt the croonies who took part in FTW. That still leaves the men who supported Jon (including Edd) who were not involved in the murder. I'm sure they will want to give him a funeral.

If Mel isn't going to resurrect Jon, then she has no business being at Castle Black. She should be heading back to Asshai.

Mel will definitely play a role in Jon's rebirth IMO, but it will not be as simple as her kissing him or burning him, and him jumping back to life.

I think it is more likely she will be staring into her fires trying to figure out what to do next now that Stannis is dead. She will see Beric or Thoros and be reminded what they told her (show) and so first she will try to revive someone (Jon or Stannis) but when it doesn't work she will have to send word to Beric/Thoros/Stoneheart/Successor that they are needed at the Wall. She may still be focused on Stannis, or she may have realized that if burning Shireen, who was definitely Stannis's blood, did not save him then he can't possibly be who she thought: he is not the Lord of Light's chosen - so her attention will turn to Jon.

After the failure of Shireen's burning, I think Mel will have lost her faith. When Thoros lost his faith, that was when he was able to revive Beric.

We know Tormund is back next season, so it's highly likely that the Wildlings find out about Jon's death. Perhaps Dolorous Edd tells them? This makes me think that Mel won't really have enough time to go exploring or play a long game with Jon's revival, as essentially, as in 4x09, there will be a war of sorts at the wall.
This means if there will be a revival at all, I think it needs to be wrapped up fairly close to the beginning of the season, which is why it could be an opening scene, although I think it will happen in episode 6x02.

IMO the chaos at the wall makes it MORE likely, not less, that any resurrection will be delayed. There will not be time for a funeral. There will be enraged wildlings fighting what is left of the Watch, with noone having time to think much about the corpse. So it gets dragged away to ice storage to deal with later. Then Ramsay attacks as well causing more chaos because they did not turn over Sansa.

IMO the chaos at the wall makes it MORE likely, not less, that any resurrection will be delayed. There will not be time for a funeral. There will be enraged wildlings fighting what is left of the Watch, with noone having time to think much about the corpse. So it gets dragged away to ice storage to deal with later. Then Ramsay attacks as well causing more chaos because they did not turn over Sansa.

Ramsay will come for his Reek and his Bride and the Wall will be the place he goes. Whether Sansa goes there or somewhere else is another thing. Yes, there is going to be some shit going down at the wall for sure. There has to be fallout from Jon's assasination.

I think where D&D left us means that we HAVE to pick back up at the wall. I think we'll get to a point where Jon's body is on a funeral pyre - with tensions between the wildlings and NW - the camera will cut away. My opinion goes as follows: huge events traditionally happen in episodes 8&9, leaving 10 to clean up the mess. That's why I think Jon will be reborn in episode 8 or 9.

Also, this quote from Melisandre to Stannis sounds like a vision that was meant for someone else we know of..

"This war has just begun. It will last for years. Thousands will die at your command. You will betray the men serving you, you will betray your family, you will betray everything you once held dear...and it will all be worth it, because you are the Son of Fire, you are the Warrior of Light. You will sweep aside this pretender and that one; you will be king."

However, I don't think Jon will be king.

Cold open: 

Directly from where the finale left off before it went black, view of Jon Snow, camera pans back and around to reveal a Raven watching.

You get the Ravens Point Of View. 

Follows Thorne, Olly, and the rest where they have a small meeting on their next move post assassination.  (raven is listening to everything)

They set their plans in a quick meeting. (no idea what that plan consists of)

Raven flies to top of wall, then past it over the haunted forest, then the Army of the dead is in full view. 

Camera leaves ravens point of view. 

and quickly goes to Bran in the cave.

Camera pans over brans face as he is warging.  When his eyes open screen goes black!

Que the intro!!!! 

Having him in the 1st scene has a huge impact because he has been missing for a season.  Also him being a warg and the mystery behind that will a big impact and will set in motion the magic and mystery that this season has in store.  (tower of joy flashback/vision, possible dragon binding, arya warging and faceless man training, and of course possible jon snow resurrection.  

Really like this!  Well done!

Why, it should feature the show's biggest Star: Ramsay climbing the steps to the rape room, finding the corkscrew and the door open. Screaming for Reek, a Bolton man at arms approachs, asking him to come to the courtyard near the armory, There is Myranda. Ramsay freaks out.

Then he takes the man at arms on the balcony for all to see and kills 20 of Stannis's survivors right? All shirtless of course.

Cold open: 

Directly from where the finale left off before it went black, view of Jon Snow, camera pans back and around to reveal a Raven watching.
Follows Thorne, Olly, and the rest where they have a small meeting on their next move post assassination.  (raven is listening to everything)
Raven flies to top of wall, then past it over the haunted forest, then the Army of the dead is in full view. 
Camera pans over brans face as he is warging.  When his eyes open screen goes black!

Que the intro!!!! 

Having him in the 1st scene has a huge impact because he has been missing for a season.  Also him being a warg and the mystery behind that will a big impact and will set in motion the magic and mystery that this season has in store.  (tower of joy flashback/vision, possible dragon binding, arya warging and faceless man training, and of course possible jon snow resurrection.  

😱 mic drop. This is beautiful..

Cold open: 

Que the intro!!!! 

I agree, this is the best one. Perfect really.

I totally agree with 

LegitBastardofHouseTorres sorry i havent posted enough to know how to link his name properly. But i think Bran in raven form is watching all over Westeros, giving us a ravens eye view of Stannis dying and Sansa and Theon jumping from Winterfell as well. And then in raven form he sees the assassination and yells Jon! breaking him out of the raven but unknowingly forcing him in seeing the past, specifically Ned in front of the heart tree saying "let them be as brothers" curious Bran goes even farther back giving us a birds eye or Ned's eye view of the tower of joy..

I'm torn between a Bran vision of Jon's death and a scene of Euron pushing Balon from a swinging bridge. 

Bran witnessing Jon's death through warging a raven or something would be awesome and could serve several purposes

1) Reintroducing Bran's character

2) Showing him utilizing his warging abilities and setting the stage for his flashbacks and visions this season

3) Would be a direct follow-up of the Season Finale which left on a cliffhanger

4) Bran coming out of his warging episode and the look on his face would be a super dramatic moment to go into the intro music.

Euron killing Balon would also be such a strong GoT-esque opener and just a badass introduction for Euron.  I think Euron should be the one to kill Balon in the show, not a FM, because:

1) It would introduce him as the heartless, kinslaying sociopath that he is, and using a FM could potentially confuse viewers

2) It would set him up as Balon's brother, especially if there was some dialogue, even something as simple as "hello again Brother"

3) Would set the stage for the (hopefully) big role the Ironborn will play this season and the need for a new King of the Iron Islands

4) And again would be a pretty dramatic scene to lead into the opening music, Euron nonchalantly knocking him off the swinging bridge and then a long shot of Balon falling into the sea below

Either would be awesome IMO

• 7 months later...

Archived