Season 6: What will be the opening scene?

Colonel Green

I hear what you are saying but I have a counter thought which is that if they drag out the Jon question too long it will frustrate the audience. They know people will be glued to the TV for hours before the start in anticipation of seeing whether Jon is alive. That is momentum. Last thing they'd want is to pop that tire at the beginning of the race. I love the idea of Bran being part of it because he will be, I believe, very important this season. They wouldn't even have to have Jon come to life yet but Bran with a flashback and dialogue as you mentioned above to explain who Ned, Dayne et al. are and it would be awesome!

If they open with something else, and this is no disrespect to other characters as I have other favorites too, but it's obvious by the Great Hairwatch of 2015 that the big opening draw will be Jon...and his hair :D

Totally agree about the dragging out the Jon question. I do think they're definitely going to answer the question of his resurrection in the first episode. This season will most likely be centered around Jon finally figuring out who he really is, so they can't answer the RLJ question just yet. Bran is might just get flashes of ToJ rather than have it be a giant epiphany that he experiences while eating lunch one day or something.

The question of Jon's parentage hasn't really been touched on all that much in the show, only slight hints (but we all know it's coming). As soon as he comes back he's going to be all like, "...Wtf, Mel," so I do think we, as well as Jon, are going to have more questions than answers by the end of the first episode. He is also going to have to make a really badass escape as soon as he comes back, so that will hold us over until Bran comes up with the ToJ vision(s). Even if Jon doesn't have to escape for whatever reason, the resurrection alone will spark interest and a lot of problems for the characters. No doubt that Jon's storyline alone will keep us thoroughly entertained through the whole season (so long as there aren't anymore discussions about good girls and bad pussy).

They have several cliffhangers to resolve including Sansa and Theon's fate, Brienne/Stannis, the aftermath of Jon's death at the wall, Jaime and Myrcella reaction, Arya's blindnes, and Dany with the Khalasaar.

With that said they could start with a scene with Meera telling Bran about the Knight of the Laughing Tree or the Tower of Joy, and Bran going through the weirwood to see it.  Or maybe we see Jon's death again, followed by a gasp, and then showing Bran's eyes return from white to normal.

They could actually also do the Pate killing from the books to let us know the faceless men are in Old Town and introduce the citadel.

Introducing Euron by killing off Balon could be good too, though I think there would have to at least be a little dialogue between them.

no, not logically. There is a big difference between last year and this year IMO. I believe that the casting call specified characters we think will be in any ToJ flashback are in more than one episode. That makes it something serial, not a cold open.

Well, they cut Cersie's flashback in two and we never saw what should be the second part of it so it may too come back season 6. I am just hunching on this though.

Well, they cut Cersie's flashback in two and we never saw what should be the second part of it so it may too come back season 6. I am just hunching on this though.

No, they didn't cut it in two. They changed it. We got all three questions in the show.

Totally agree about the dragging out the Jon question. I do think they're definitely going to answer the question of his resurrection in the first episode. This season will most likely be centered around Jon finally figuring out who he really is, so they can't answer the RLJ question just yet. Bran is might just get flashes of ToJ rather than have it be a giant epiphany that he experiences while eating lunch one day or something.

:D

The question of Jon's parentage hasn't really been touched on all that much in the show, only slight hints (but we all know it's coming). As soon as he comes back he's going to be all like, "...Wtf, Mel," so I do think we, as well as Jon, are going to have more questions than answers by the end of the first episode. He is also going to have to make a really badass escape as soon as he comes back, so that will hold us over until Bran comes up with the ToJ vision(s). Even if Jon doesn't have to escape for whatever reason, the resurrection alone will spark interest and a lot of problems for the characters. No doubt that Jon's storyline alone will keep us thoroughly entertained through the whole season (so long as there aren't anymore discussions about good girls and bad pussy).

I know we both want that Oh Shit moment from the Crows especially Thorne.

If they resurrect him first we may get that and then some sort of battle of major misunderstanding between Jon and the Crows. He will no longer be one. He'll have some of the loyal Crows with him and the Wildings.

Or, the Wildings and Ghost may have the battle of major misunderstanding with the Crows and by the time Jon wakes up it is just he, Mel, Davos and Ghost - and Ed, have to have Ed.

But since Jon is such a bad-ass fighter it is probably number one because who doesn't want to see him get a little take-back against Thorne. He'll forgive Olly who no doubt will see the error of his ways and will continue in the series which is just blah to me.

Cold open: 

Directly from where the finale left off before it went black, view of Jon Snow, camera pans back and around to reveal a Raven watching.

You get the Ravens Point Of View. 

Follows Thorne, Olly, and the rest where they have a small meeting on their next move post assassination.  (raven is listening to everything)

They set their plans in a quick meeting. (no idea what that plan consists of)

Raven flies to top of wall, then past it over the haunted forest, then the Army of the dead is in full view. 

Camera leaves ravens point of view. 

and quickly goes to Bran in the cave.

Camera pans over brans face as he is warging.  When his eyes open screen goes black!

Que the intro!!!! 

Having him in the 1st scene has a huge impact because he has been missing for a season.  Also him being a warg and the mystery behind that will a big impact and will set in motion the magic and mystery that this season has in store.  (tower of joy flashback/vision, possible dragon binding, arya warging and faceless man training, and of course possible jon snow resurrection.  

Cold open: 

Directly from where the finale left off before it went black, view of Jon Snow, camera pans back and around to reveal a Raven watching.
You get the Ravens Point Of View. 
Follows Thorne, Olly, and the rest where they have a small meeting on their next move post assassination.  (raven is listening to everything)
They set their plans in a quick meeting. (no idea what that plan consists of)
Raven flies to top of wall, then past it over the haunted forest, then the Army of the dead is in full view. 
Camera leaves ravens point of view. 
and quickly goes to Bran in the cave.
Camera pans over brans face as he is warging.  When his eyes open screen goes black!

Que the intro!!!! 

Having him in the 1st scene has a huge impact because he has been missing for a season.  Also him being a warg and the mystery behind that will a big impact and will set in motion the magic and mystery that this season has in store.  (tower of joy flashback/vision, possible dragon binding, arya warging and faceless man training, and of course possible jon snow resurrection.

DUDE!!
Love, this!

Great way to reintroduce Bran and keep those who have tuned in to see what happens to Jon interested. They have to keep the momentum for the obsession going and opening with anything that doesn't concern Jon will feel like a trick and as if being taken advantage of. Many may tune out completely at that point or at least the interest level will go way down.

Really great work, now FedEx that to D&D, thanks.
;)

DUDE!!
Love, this!

Great way to reintroduce Bran and keep those who have tuned in to see what happens to Jon interested. They have to keep the momentum for the obsession going and opening with anything that doesn't concern Jon will feel like a trick and as if being taken advantage of. Many may tune out completely at that point or at least the interest level will go way down.

Really great work, now FedEx that to D&D, thanks.
;)

I'm sure D&D browse these posts.. and thanks for the compliment.  I am new to the forum although I've been reading for years.  

But yea everyone will go nuts when the intro hits and the twitterverse will go bananas!

Archived